IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

5 hours ago, Koala said:

We do have two Miele vacuum cleaners that have lasted for as long as we have owned this home! They are GREAT vacuum cleaners; highly recommended.

Okay, I give up. Why does Lori need two vacuum cleaners? Especially since her floors don't show dirt, so she just tromps around on them without bothering to vacuum anymore (according to her blog, anyway, but who knows how accurate that is).

Maybe it's just because I'm one of those poor middle class working women she loves to rub under her expensive heels (or kick like a cat), but I only have one vacuum. An inexpensive Hoover I picked up from Target and its nondiscriminating bathrooms, if you must know. 

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

"You can smile children into peace and grace. Here is the key - the way it actually works. When you become a source of pleasure to a child and they feel that they are your source of pleasure as well, they become dependent upon that relationship for their continued pleasure. They don't want to do anything to break fellowship with you. They will seek to be all you want them to be. You have their heart; you have their will.

That is deeply fucking disturbing -- like reading from an emotional abuser's handbook. 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Lori, that obviously didn't work for you, or you wouldn't have felt the need to whip them with a leather strap. :my_angry:

37 minutes ago, polecat said:

Okay, I give up. Why does Lori need two vacuum cleaners? Especially since her floors don't show dirt, so she just tromps around on them without bothering to vacuum anymore (according to her blog, anyway, but who knows how accurate that is).

Maybe it's just because I'm one of those poor middle class working women she loves to rub under her expensive heels (or kick like a cat), but I only have one vacuum. An inexpensive Hoover I picked up from Target and its nondiscriminating bathrooms, if you must know. 

I confess, I have two vacuum cleaners. A new-ish one for downstairs, and the old one upstairs, because I'm getting too old to lug heavy machinery up a staircase. :character-oldtimer: The old one came from Target (a Hoover! We must be twins! :pb_lol: ), the new one from Kroger, of all places, ha ha. Together they probably cost a fraction of Lori's Mieles, which I have never heard of, come to think of it. 

Lori most likely doesn't do the vacuuming, and for some reason I think she lives in a one-story house although I could be wrong, so why she needs two is just beyond me. 

13 hours ago, patsymae said:

It's not as if minimalism hasn't become an icon of pop culture, or that the "tiny house" movement isn't in full force, or there aren't a billion books and magazines ("Real Simple," anyone?) devoted to the topic, or that no one else has thought about waste or possessions taking over lives, or that any non-fundie religious traditions have ever considered or discussed materialism--no, Lori has, in her special judgmental way, invented frugality.
And as to her list of actual needs, guess that works if your kids never go outside the home. So no need for, say, dance shoes or sports shoes with cleats, or ..

"Girls should have five everyday dresses, and three church dresses."

I got two new dresses a year--bought from Robert Hall if anyone is old enough to remember that chain--one for the first day of school and one for Easter. Until I was old enough to get a job and buy my own clothes Does that cunt have any idea that for many families having eight dresses for a girl is way beyond reach?

God I hate that bitch.

Hahahahahahahahah!

I remember looking through Real Simple when it first came out, because it sounded attractive to me at the time. Only to realize that the ads in that issue of the mag were almost all for things we couldn't afford.

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I confess, I have two vacuum cleaners. A new-ish one for downstairs, and the old one upstairs, because I'm getting too old to lug heavy machinery up a staircase. :character-oldtimer: The old one came from Target (a Hoover! We must be twins! :pb_lol: ), the new one from Kroger, of all places, ha ha. Together they probably cost a fraction of Lori's Mieles, which I have never heard of, come to think of it. 

Lori most likely doesn't do the vacuuming, and for some reason I think she lives in a one-story house although I could be wrong, so why she needs two is just beyond me. 

I tell you, the ad I saw last week for a Dyson machine that basically looked like a stick... I'd be tempted, if I didn't know that Dyson is way out of our price range.

Why would she vacuum?  The new carpet hides all the filth!  :pb_rollseyes:

One of her sheeple replied to the Michael Pearl quote:

One of the best pieces of advice I love about Michael Pearl. 

:pb_confused: Here's hoping that one doesn't homeschool her children.

@Free Jana Duggar I don't have a problem with anti abortion people, I have a problem with hateful antiabortion people who tell women they cannot have an abortion, then deny the baby they wanted to save things like medical care, and food.

I struggle with abortion myself and do not think it is a black and white issue. I used to be firmly against it. I don't consider myself anti abortion because I am not comfortable with telling another person they can't have one, and cannot recall a time I ever heard a person tell me they had an abortion and didn't feel compassion for them. It's a hard decision,

@Grimalkin Yes, I absolutely agree if we want to encourage women to have their babies we need to provide assistance for them; and we do need to have compassion.  I don't think any woman who has an abortion makes the decision lightly.

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Why is it so wrong if a woman doesn't struggle to decide to abort? When I found out I was pregnant, my decision was to abort. That was my immediate decision. No fuss, no muss. I wanted the intruder out of me ASAP. 

I truly hate the fact that people try to make excuses for my choice, like it must have been a difficult decision. Nope. Or, people say something like, "my heart breaks for women who have to make this choice." Save your heart. I'm fine.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Hahahahahahahahah!

I remember looking through Real Simple when it first came out, because it sounded attractive to me at the time. Only to realize that the ads in that issue of the mag were almost all for things we couldn't afford.

I tell you, the ad I saw last week for a Dyson machine that basically looked like a stick... I'd be tempted, if I didn't know that Dyson is way out of our price range.

If you can swing the Dyson, go for it. My son's is like 15 years old and works like new. My sharp --half the price--cr apped out after 3 months

7 minutes ago, patsymae said:

If you can swing the Dyson, go for it. My son's is like 15 years old and works like new. My sharp --half the price--cr apped out after 3 months

*sigh* Would be nice. Unfortunately there are too many things ahead of "new vacuum" on the list.

Like... reliable transportation. And necessary home repairs.

But I can dream, can't I?

p.s. What's the favorite vacuum brand for cat hair? (Cat hair on carpet, cat hair on laminate, cat hair on furniture and clothes...)

Hm. Maybe I should get the hair at the source and somehow find a way to vacuum the cats.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Hahahahahahahahah!

Yes, I was under the assumption the magazine Real Simple also meant Real Affordable.  Turns out it doesn't!

18 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Yes, I was under the assumption the magazine Real Simple also meant Real Affordable.  Turns out it doesn't!

I love that magazine, but affordable it ain't! :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, kpmom said:

Exactly!

Not every husband is like Ken, leaving his wife alone with four little ones while he plays basketball several nights a week.  I'm assuming that's why they got her a nanny, which is one answer to a situation like that, if you can afford it. 

And that's fine, that was the choice The Alexanders made.  Now why can't Lori allow other women and couples to make a choice that fits them without getting on her high horse of truth?

I think Lori has resentment issues from Ken's attitudes and behaviors when their kids were small and growing up. To a small extent, I sympathize with her. She still makes shitty comments whenever some men do certain things to help out their wives and families. There are men who have no problem coming home from work and making dinner or helping their wives make dinner. I get that married people with kids still want to have hobbies or activities that are sometimes separate from their families, but with Ken he made it seem like basketball was a huge priority and he didn't care if Lori was left alone too often at nights with the kids.

Lori (referring to the Pearls):

I am who I am today because of their teachings!

Not Jesus...the child beating Pearls.  That explains so much.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...:? :pb_eek:

You have my permission to copy anything you want, ContentWife. I am working on my book and have found an editor and publisher but it won't be very long since nothing I write is too long! 

We do need encouragement from each other since we are a remnant and are called to "exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" {Heb. 3:13} since it is so easy to go with the flow of society instead of with the will of the Lord. 

You have a wonderful mother!

5 hours ago, refugee said:

*sigh* Would be nice. Unfortunately there are too many things ahead of "new vacuum" on the list.

p.s. What's the favorite vacuum brand for cat hair? (Cat hair on carpet, cat hair on laminate, cat hair on furniture and clothes...)

Hm. Maybe I should get the hair at the source and somehow find a way to vacuum the cats.

If it makes you feel better, I actually didn't like my dyson. I really like my Kenmore canister vacuum. We don't have cats but did have a dog and it worked great.

I really hope her publisher is some really, really small indy publisher that does not distribute in any major book retailors. I don't know who would give her a book deal in any of the medium to major publishing houses without having her water down her message and lose the Pearl worshipping. Huge liability. I wonder if the Pearls are publishing it? 

You know her editor is going to be an evil working woman. Probably with kids. Maybe she will be led to quit right in the middle of editing Lori's book. It can sit in limbo forever.  

She's like the children I know from my fundieland experience. Except, the children can not imagine that other people live different lives because they're never exposed. I had some over one day and they were amazed at dumb stuff (why don't you tell your dog not to beg, why do you have TVs in your room, why does he go to school, why do you work, are you going to get married so he can have a dad, etc {they are 5}) they get a pass because they're raised that way.

Lori, should be ashamed. She knows everyone does not and can not live the life she has, and yet, continues to hold herself as the standard.

She shuts down commenting on posts left and right in her group because 'it's been discussed enough' She likes to throw out that she isn't saying she's right...but when you're hurling verses at people left and right, you do 'know' you're right.

I'm raging with her damn hypocrisy about Carly as Cruz's running mate. Someone commented about it and she just said. 'Well, at least it's not president' Of all the crap she spews about women and not comprising...not its ok to vote for a man with a female running mate?!

1 hour ago, lynn0810 said:

I really hope her publisher is some really, really small indy publisher that does not distribute in any major book retailors. I don't know who would give her a book deal in any of the medium to major publishing houses without having her water down her message and lose the Pearl worshipping. Huge liability. I wonder if the Pearls are publishing it? 

You know her editor is going to be an evil working woman. Probably with kids. Maybe she will be led to quit right in the middle of editing Lori's book. It can sit in limbo forever.  

I will totally buy it and read it and snark the life out of it.

It could be that she is going the self-publishing route. Most major Christian publishers have a branch for self-publishing. Her editor could be a friend she is paying to check her grammar. It might not be as big as she makes it sound. The thought of a book from her makes me ill.

10 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

If it makes you feel better, I actually didn't like my dyson. I really like my Kenmore canister vacuum. We don't have cats but did have a dog and it worked great.

I had a Kenmore canister vac for something like 13 years. It worked beautifully until one day it just didn't. 

9 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

She's like the children I know from my fundieland experience. Except, the children can not imagine that other people live different lives because they're never exposed. I had some over one day and they were amazed at dumb stuff (why don't you tell your dog not to beg, why do you have TVs in your room, why does he go to school, why do you work, are you going to get married so he can have a dad, etc {they are 5}) they get a pass because they're raised that way.

Lori, should be ashamed. She knows everyone does not and can not live the life she has, and yet, continues to hold herself as the standard.

She shuts down commenting on posts left and right in her group because 'it's been discussed enough' She likes to throw out that she isn't saying she's right...but when you're hurling verses at people left and right, you do 'know' you're right.

I'm raging with her damn hypocrisy about Carly as Cruz's running mate. Someone commented about it and she just said. 'Well, at least it's not president' Of all the crap she spews about women and not comprising...not its ok to vote for a man with a female running mate?!

I wonder if Lori realizes that the vice president is second in line to the presidency. So if anything happens to Cruz -- heart attack or what have you -- a woman will be the president.

Probably not. 

I have a Shark Navigator and two cats, and it's the best vacuum I've ever had. It picks up everything and I paid about $130 for it on Amazon. Get the pet hair attachment package and you'll be set!

12 hours ago, lynn0810 said:

I am sure it is a self-publisher. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think anyone gave her a "book deal"

2 hours ago, bjr70 said:

I have a Shark Navigator and two cats, and it's the best vacuum I've ever had. It picks up everything and I paid about $130 for it on Amazon. Get the pet hair attachment package and you'll be set!

I have the Shark Rocket and I love it so much. It's so light that it's like vacuuming with a weed whacker.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived