IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

7 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Of course, she doesn't consider the possible issues associated with that or the fact that it takes some widowed women several years to feel comfortable being in relationships again.

Or the fact that widows are less stressed after a husband's death and one may not want to be tied down again.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/04/25/study-women-experience-less-stress-after-husbands-die/

a couple quotes from the article (which I believe has been posted on FJ before but I can't remember where but it fits to discredit Lori, again).

“Since women generally have a longer lifespan than men, married women may also suffer from the effects of caregiver burden, since they often devote themselves to caring for their husband in later life,” she said.

Widows deal with the loss of a spouse better than widowers, according to the study.

“Many studies have shown that women are less vulnerable to depression than men in widowhood, probably because they have greater coping resources and are better able to express their emotions,” she said. “These aspects may help to explain the lower risk of exhaustion seen in single women, who are likewise more socially integrated than single men, and consequently less exposed to frailty.”

And if someone was married to an a$$hole, why would they even want to remarry? They may think all men are a$$holes. I know a widow that became a widow when her daughter was under 3. The daughter is now in her late 40s (I think). This lady dated after her husband's death but then she always measured the guys by "Do I want to wash his underwear?" the answer has always been no and she has enjoyed a life doing as she pleases. :)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's post is an excerpt of a book by Shannon Ethridge. I like a lot of what Shannon Ethridge has written. I can't help but wonder, though...did Lori ask permission to use this excerpt? She indicated the author and gave credit and a link to the book. However, she didn't give anything of her own--no intro, no explanation, no wrap-up comment, and no comment about whether she had been given permission to use this.

I don't know copyright law well, but somehow this just seems wrong to me to do. Every other time I've seen a blogger do this, I will see a "reposted with permission of the author" or a substantial excerpt along with the blogger's own comments about the excerpt. 

13 minutes ago, molecule said:

Today's post is an excerpt of a book by Shannon Ethridge. I like a lot of what Shannon Ethridge has written. I can't help but wonder, though...did Lori ask permission to use this excerpt? She indicated the author and gave credit and a link to the book. However, she didn't give anything of her own--no intro, no explanation, no wrap-up comment, and no comment about whether she had been given permission to use this.

I don't know copyright law well, but somehow this just seems wrong to me to do. Every other time I've seen a blogger do this, I will see a "reposted with permission of the author" or a substantial excerpt along with the blogger's own comments about the excerpt. 

I wonder how much of her book will be sourced from other bloggers/books. I'm thinking her beloved Pearls might not be too happy if she copies their material. 

Lori appears to struggle with anything other than being the mean rich kid. Her writing is less inspiring or intelligent and more copy and paste.

lori v pearls...

it might be worth ordering some popcorn! 

I have often wondered if, in Adam’s mind, not submitting to God’s request to abstain from eating the fruit seemed to be the lesser evil, than not submitting to his wife’s request to partake of it.

I don't know who Shannon Ethridge is, but it seems absurd to say that men are more afraid of pissing off women than they are of pissing off God. If this is really how fundies see men, then why on earth do they want to give them so much control over not just their own little fiefdoms (or their families) but the whole world? 

Or the fact that widows are less stressed after a husband's death and one may not want to be tied down again.

>>Me.  I was widowed in 2005(at age 38), and although I'm certainly not glad he's gone, nor do I regret having married, I'm at a point in my life where I'm content as a single person with a feline headship.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I wonder how much of her book will be sourced from other bloggers/books. I'm thinking her beloved Pearls might not be too happy if she copies their material. 

Lori appears to struggle with anything other than being the mean rich kid. Her writing is less inspiring or intelligent and more copy and paste.

lori v pearls...

it might be worth ordering some popcorn! 

I'm wondering the same things too. The publishing company that is working with her has to know about her blog and maybe they will catch on to the crap that she does. Wasn't Lori called out for copying another blogger's material? I might be confusing her with someone else.

1ab78cbf466868dc6816e2948d87db9a.jpg

Why is she so dumb and people so gullible??? 99% sure, this conversation didn't even happen and if it did...it wasn't like this

Geez, she is a such moron with whole "no children had autism when I was raising children" spiel. She has gone on anti-vax rants before. Maybe notorious anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy will endorse Lori's book lol.

Bull to the shit :pb_rollseyes: A 5 second Google goggle search will show that autism was first diagnosed in medical literature in 1943, before Lori was even born, much less raising children. 

Some of those super-scary ingredients in vaccines also occur naturally in human blood. Sodium chloride is just salt, FFS.

The woman had a brain tumor requiring multiple surgeries and ICU stays. You cannot possibly tell me she never took any pharmaceuticals. Without them she'd be dead, and so would millions of children who have been spared potentially serious illnesses by vaccines. 

2 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

1ab78cbf466868dc6816e2948d87db9a.jpg

Why is she so dumb and people so gullible??? 99% sure, this conversation didn't even happen and if it did...it wasn't like this

I figure that some variation of the conversation did happen, but Lori has misrepresented everything as what the chiropractor said.

Here's how I imagine this conversation going. Lori strikes up the conversation, finds out that the woman is a chiropractor, and begins to tell her about all these things that she's heard. She asks if that has ever happened, and the woman, perhaps, acknowledges that it has. She may try to point out that there are other issues, that vaccinations save far more lives than they are accused of damaging, that we do rely heavily on pharmaceuticals.

As Lori kept on and on, the woman made the kinds of responses people make when they want the jibber-jabberer to shut up. "Mmmhmm," "I suppose," "you might be right," etc. She even might have given the facts about what is in vaccinations and about brain-blood barriers, and Lori added on the stuff about the diseases being caused by all the chemicals.

I don't know why Lori would bother to listen to that woman anyway. She's a working woman, so obviously she doesn't care as much about children as she should. And since she's a woman, she's gullible and might believe things that aren't actually true.

It baffles me that Lori thinks no children had autism 30 years ago. She might not have been aware of them because she had a highly developed brain-reality barrier, but autism existed.

28 minutes ago, molecule said:

highly developed brain-reality barrier

@happy atheist can we have a post count of "I have a highly developed brain-reality barrier" please?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived