IGNORED

Hastert going to jail for 15 months

47of74

Denny "Beefy McBratwurst" Hastert is going to jail.

cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/dennis-hastert-sentencing/index.html

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on Wednesday was sentenced to 15 months in prison and ordered to pay $250,000 to a victims' fund in a hush money case that revealed he was being accused of sexually abusing young boys as a teacher in Illinois.

He was also sentenced to two years of supervised release once he finishes his prison term.

For the first time, Hastert, 74, admitted to Judge Thomas M. Durkin in open court that he abused at least one boy.

Durkin, of the Northern District of Illinois, told Hastert that he should participate in a sex offender treatment program. The judge, who spent 30 minutes criticizing the former speaker for his actions, also cautioned Hastert to refrain from communicating with his alleged victims.

I'm glad that he's going to jail.  But there are people in the can for shoplifting or smoking a J who got longer sentences than Hastert did for his crimes. 

One of the people Hastert asked to vouch for him was Tom Cross, a long-time political ally of his. Cross didn't respond. Today, Cross's brother revealed he recently informed his family he was one of Hastert's victims.

Yes, Hastert asked the brother of one of his victims for a letter of recommendation. And I didn't think he could top his chutzpah in leading the move to impeach Clinton while having this in his own background.

It also came out Hastert had a recliner set up in the locker room so he could watch teenage boys shower. It appears no one in authority questioned this habit.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/after-admitting-sex-crimes-former-house-speaker-headed-prison

I was just coming to see if this had been posted yet.  Good old family values party.  they need to clean up their own houses before trying to legislate what goes on in bathrooms and other folk's bedrooms and uterii!

15 months is not long enough. His sorry ass belongs in prison for life.

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Yeah I know.  It's good he's going to prison but the sentence is sort of a crock. 

12 hours ago, Curious said:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/after-admitting-sex-crimes-former-house-speaker-headed-prison

I was just coming to see if this had been posted yet.  Good old family values party.  they need to clean up their own houses before trying to legislate what goes on in bathrooms and other folk's bedrooms and uterii!

Especially given the propensity of Republicans to wide stance it in public restrooms.

They really ought to remember that they who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I know.  It's good he's going to prison but the sentence is sort of a crock. 

Sadly, the sentence is for financial fuckery, not any kind of sexual abuse. But the judge apparently gave him a very harsh sentence for the crime - more than twice what the prosecutors requested - clearly understanding the severity of Hastert's actions.

Glad there was at least a prison sentence and not just probation.   Although the trial is ostensibly about financial malfeasance, he's going to prison for child abuse. The prison sentence means that he can't spin it any other way, that the blah, blah blah about his extensive history of public service doesn't make up for anything. 

Hope he has to do the entire 15 months.  

I fully expect to hear of more victims as time goes on and also would not be surprised if there are gay prostitutes in his closet.  I don't think he got married and went completely straight.  Ish.  Disgusting guy. 

On 4/28/2016 at 9:47 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Right! White collar criminals have it made. Meanwhile some POC is down for life for holding. I'm trying hard not to be the ABW, but dang. I can't.

On 4/27/2016 at 5:29 PM, 47of74 said:

Denny "Beefy McBratwurst" Hastert is going to jail.

cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/dennis-hastert-sentencing/index.html

I'm glad that he's going to jail.  But there are people in the can for shoplifting or smoking a J who got longer sentences than Hastert did for his crimes. 

Our legal system makes no sense; possess a joint, go to jail for twenty plus years, molest children, not even two years. Since Hastert is a "respectable man," I guess we should be glad he's serving any time at all.

This makes me despise Tom DeLay even more, it that's possible: 

He is a good man that loves the Lord," wrote former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. "He gets his integrity and values from Him. He doesn't deserve what he is going through. I ask that you consider the man that is before you and give him leniency where you can.

What. The. F*CK.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

This makes me despise Tom DeLay even more, it that's possible: 

What. The. F*CK.

Fuck Tom DeLay.  That sack of shit should be doing time for all the stuff he did but he got off.  He makes me sick.  DeLay is a big part of the reason this country is in the shitter as much as it is right now.

• 1 year later...

Ugh

Before he went to prison, Dennis Hastert admitted he sexually abused multiple teenage boys back when he was a wrestling coach at Yorkville High School.

His lawyers even chose not to deny one allegation of sexual abuse, despite Hastert having “no current recollection of the episode.”

But the former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives now “adamantly denies” he sodomized a fourth-grader in a bathroom stall in the early 1970s. He wants a Kendall County judge to toss a lawsuit filed earlier this year by the man alleging the attack.

Hastert attorney John Ellis argued in a legal memo filed this week that the law barred the victim, known only as Richard Doe, from making his claims more than two years after he turned 18 — a deadline that likely passed in 1985.

6 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

But the former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives now “adamantly denies” he sodomized a fourth-grader in a bathroom stall in the early 1970s. He wants a Kendall County judge to toss a lawsuit filed earlier this year by the man alleging the attack.

I no patience today for this sort of shit. Fuck you, Dennis Hastert! :angry-cussingblack:

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

Will he be going to one of those Ritz-Carlton prisons? If not maybe 15 months is long enough. Word gets around in prison.

Not the Ritz, more like Trump Tower.

I find it disheartening that politicians and other powerful people keep getting away with sexual abuse. :(

And it is politicians doing shitty things from both sides.  Depressing really. 

I'm very glad he's going to prison; this is a judge who knew what was going on and could offer one small measure of justice.  And Tom DeLay?  He's a sorry excuse for a human being.  Heartfelt thoughts to all of Hastert's victims, known and unknown. 

Archived