IGNORED

DING DING DING! A new winner in Texas!

samira_catlover

Hey, fellow FJites, get a look at THIS story--coming out of Travis County, Texas.  Yes, Travis, where the state capital, Austin (rather liberal), is located. (Unofficial city slogan: "Keep Austin Weird"---and I think they're succeeding.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/02/local-texas-gop-chairman-goes-on-vulgar-homophobic-twitter-rant-about-hillary-clinton-and-fellow-republicans/

Maybe Trump has found a perfect Southern US pick for VP to complement his ticket.

Robert Morrow, the newly elected president of the Travis County Republican Party and a total nut case.  When the local republicans realized who they'd ended up with they were apoplectic.   This guy is bat-shit crazy and a generally horrible person.  The nicest thing one can say about him is that he is a vulgar a**hole.   They tried to get rid of him, but he's you know, ELECTED, probably in no small part to his name location on the ballot, or something. 

If you search on his name (which I unfortunately did), you'll come across sites showing his most vulgar and irrational tweets.  If the voters who elected him knew of this, something is very wrong in that county.  I think @Howl is right, they chose him by name or its location on the ballot. 

:popcorn2:

What a lowdown piece of shit. I can't believe this guy is able to hold the position he's in after these very public tweets.

Keep it classy, Republicans.

I just can't. Did voters turn up before they turned up to vote? C'mon TX, y'all starting to FL politics look good.

The  Repubs are desperate to get ride of this guy, I tell you, DESPERATE, because it makes the Republicans a laughingstock.  Maybe he can be recalled or something, but you can be sure they are looking into every possible avenue to unseat him, although current rules say he can be unseated before his two-year term ends only if he has committed a felony.  Republicans are considering forming an alternate party.  

These are the responsibilities of the chairman, 

The Travis County GOP chairman is the face of the party in media appearances, plans the party’s primary election, certifies primary candidates and organizes precinct conventions.

“That requires recruiting hundreds of people across the county to hold those election positions for 12- and 14-hour shifts and sometimes having to deal with tough situations,” Dickey said. “Someone unable to build those relationships might literally fail in the legal duty of the chairman.”

Someone noted that he has almost unlimited ability to do damage to the party. 

His term begins in June and runs for two years. 

Robert Morrow has co-authored a book with Robert Stone titled The Clinton's War on Women.

This is his bio: 

Robert Morrow is a political researcher and alternative historian with expertise on the Clintons, the Bush family, and the JFK assassination. He holds a history degree from Princeton University and an MBA from the University of Texas. He lives in Austin, Texas

Let me translate this.  Robert Morrow holds bona fide degrees from Princeton and UT Austin. His  research results in batshit crazy conspiracy theories which he then treats as facts.  He sends out a steady stream of tweets with noxious references to what he imagines are the sexual practices of public figures who play major roles in his paranoid fantasy life.  He believes Lyndon Johnson was instrumental in JFK's assassination. 

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

Robert Morrow has co-authored a book with Robert Stone titled The Clinton's War on Women.

Robert Stone was pretty well respected, so I think we should give the co-authorship award to Roger Stone, who is less so.  His (Roger Stone's) wiki gives an interesting vibe, so I am reading between the lines and think that he probably makes a good team with Morrow.

• 2 weeks later...

This maybe isn't such a bad thing. Yes, he does some damage in the short term, but really, he's doing more to damage the GOP. The quicker the Republican party goes down, the better. Look at it as a public service. He's just hastening an overdue death.

Why did Molly Ivins have to die? She would have had a field day with him and Trump.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 9:04 AM, urban teacher said:

Why did Molly Ivins have to die? She would have had a field day with him and Trump.

I upvote this 10,000 times.   

This week Robert Morrow was sworn in as chairman of the Travis County Republican Party, wearing white jeans, a blue shirt and a 3-pointed jester's hat. According to Morrow, each point stands for a covered-up murder by a prominent US politician.  He started off with a 45-minute speech that included graphic descriptions of rapes, murders and child molestation that he claims were committed by major US politicians in the last 50 years.  A new position was created to take care of the mundane business of the party, allowing Morrow to be more of a figurehead. Morrow wants to use his position to spread the results of his political research.  

Oh boy, this should be good… I feel sorry for Austin but sheesh, Texas. You reap what you sow.

I think he's REALLY taken the slogan "Keep Austin Weird" a little too far.  If he has that much knowledge of all those crimes, shouldn't he be talking with a county or state prosecutor's office?  IIRC, hiding felonies is a crime in itself.

Maybe he can get to the Republican National Convention and do some publicity there.  (Imagine what his resume must look like!) Can you see him assisting in the Trump campaign?:laughing-lmao:

• 1 month later...

Robert Morrow has been removed from his position of as chair of the Travis County GOP.   Morrow has launched a campaign as a write-in candidate for president; state election law disqualifies him from continuing as chairman of the Travis County GOP.   

In terms of his presidential platform, Morrow says that he wants to "promote boobyliciousness every day."  He also wants bikini contests on the South Lawn and a wet T-shirt contest on July 4th. 

Morrow was booted out of the recent Trump in Austin when he showed up with a very large red sign stating, "Trump is a child rapist." 

• 3 weeks later...

And now ex-Texas Governor Goodhair Rick Perry is on Dancing With the Starts.  Unless he gets some rhythm, he'll be gone in a week or two.  And WTF?  This makes two sleazy Texas ex politicians who have been on DWTS, beginning with the disgraced and utterly repellent Tom DeLay. 

And just putting up with Ted Cruz.  What horrible burdens we Texans must bear.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived