IGNORED

Alabama preacher says sex is the biggest reason for homelessness, abuse and lowers your IQ

doggie

Hmm this is just too wacky. well we do see this in some christians like the duggers and the pearls and such.

A preacher in Alabama wants you to know that sex will kill your brain cells, make you homeless and was brought by God as a means of punishing people, so you really shouldn’t be enjoying it as much as you do. Many right-wing religious have deep and profound problems with sex. They want to regulate when you can have it, how you can have it and who you can have it with. But, this guy has taken the anti-sex philosophy to a whole new level of hostility.

“Sex has never been ordained by God,” he says sitting behind two phallic lighthouses. “In fact, it was the first sin, Adam and Eve and the serpent. And you see what happened to the serpent on that. But, like I say, sex is the problem. If you don’t mention sex, two men or two women can live together, share a place, have a place, and one can leave whatever she got, and they can have a ‘merge partner,’ they call it.”

“I say this to the young people: Sex is a very dangerous thing. As dangerous as can be. As dangerous as cocaine or anything else. If you start, say as a young person, and get hooked on that, and it’ll paralyze your mind where you won’t learn very well like you ought to, most time. And it’s gonna create all kinda problems.”

It's a very sad state of affairs when you honestly can't say with certainty whether an article like this is satire or for real. I vote for satire, but given some of the people FJ likes to snark on, you just never know. 

I thought poverty was the cause of homelessness and abuse. Thank you for correcting me. I have learned something today. @doggie:my_tongue:

YES! let's all stop having sex. Then we can FINALLY stop having babies that grow up into these religious households that make people hate themselves because they want to have sex!

While we're at it, we need to stop all animals from having sex. Don't they know it's making them dumb? They could be able to talk by now if they were to just stop. having. sex!

If sex has lowered his IQ then he should probably stop letting people fuck him in the ear and smoosh his brains around.

29 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

Wait, so babies are just a punishment for having sex? 

that I can honestly say is true. :Bazinga:

28 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

Yes, especially for women. We must suffer for the sin of Eve, you know.

Does this guy allow for sex in marriage, or is he planning to start a sect like the Shakers,  minus all the good stuff the Shakers included in their philosophy?

32 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

I guess this means that the Duggars have been punished a lot, then!   

I somehow forgot about the Shakers and celibacy. 

2 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

I guess this means that the Duggars have been punished a lot, then!   

I am going to confess something about the Duggars. I didn't even realize that Jessa or Jill had babies until I joined this forum. 

8 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

I am going to confess something about the Duggars. I didn't even realize that Jessa or Jill had babies until I joined this forum. 

Not to worry!  We here at FJ will keep you in the loop!  The next time the QFoD section of FJ explodes with hot conversation threads, you'll know that there was most likely 1) another blessing punishment, or 2) another scandal.

You he's right, of course.  If Adam and Eve didn't have sex there would be no homeless people at all.  And no abusers, so no abuse.  It's pretty simple really (rather like this man's brain).

If sex causes homelessness, how come there are so many homeless children?

If babies are a punishment for having sex...does that mean that same-sex contacts are OK, since NOT likely to make babies in the usual course of things.

I had my tubes tied YEARS ago, when in my early 20s.  How will the Deity punish us? **worried expression**

Sex causes babies.

Sex causes homelessness.

Ergo, sex causes homeless children.

[/sarcasm]

And if sex was the first sin, how does he explain "be fruitful and multiply"?  Were Adam and Eve supposed to clone themselves or something?

I keep telling my husband this, but he keeps insisting it's perfectly fine and normal for us to do it. Sigh.

9 hours ago, doggie said:

Hmm this is just too wacky. well we do see this in some christians like the duggers and the pearls and such.

If this is not a humor piece, like the Onion or some such, then all I can say is this guy must have been practicing what he preaches. To an extreme.

6 minutes ago, refugee said:

If this is not a humor piece, like the Onion or some such, then all I can say is this guy must have been practicing what he preaches. To an extreme.

about time a fundy practiced what they preach.

I hope this is the dumbest thing I read this week.

Archived