IGNORED

Debi Pearl is Proselytizing in China

hoipolloi

Dear Debi,

As I bowed my head to pray for your upcoming missin to China, God spoke to me, telling me to encourage you to bring your message to the people starving for Jesus in North Korea.   God assures me he will protect you as you sneak across the border with books and other literature.  To prove to the non-believers God suggests you steal some banners or similar shit to bring back home.  Do it brazenly because, dammit, you are a God fearing American and you don't have to take any lip from those heathens.   Smack them around if they give you attitude, show them who's boss.  

In Jebus' name, Amen.

17 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

According to their IRS 990 for FY 2013 (filed in 2014), they grossed $4,500,000+ between 2009 & 2014. Yearly averages for that period range from $400K to just over $1 million. 

That is :fubar:

I guess I just assumed from Mike Pearl's mountain man image that they weren't making much money. It turns out they're freakin' rich! All at the expense of desperate parents and abused children.

2 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

That is :fubar:

I guess I just assumed from Mike Pearl's mountain man image that they weren't making much money. It turns out they're freakin' rich! All at the expense of desperate parents and abused children.

I've been following their IRS 990s for some time. Their anti-gubmint views notwithstanding, they do file timely so you can see quite a bit of growth.

Their General Manager, Mel Cohen seems to have gotten them into higher levels of production, marketing & distribution of materials once he started working there. He also started NGJ on an affiliate program for the true believer leghumpers who can buy the shite by the caseload.

ETA: Mel Cohen explains here why NGJ decided to go the federal non-profit route -- 501(3)(c) -- in order to save money for the ministry business by not paying taxes. If you read the 990s, you'll see that a lot of the real property, office equipment, etc. is "owned" by by NGJ.

This makes me very glad that my future granddaughter is safely ensconced in a government-run orphanage.  She's safe in the loving arms of her nanny.

Everytime I read this thread title I think "is it bad to wish her to get arrested and sent to a Chinese jail?" Then I think "I need to go to confession!" :D

On 4/25/2016 at 11:10 AM, nickelodeon said:

I wonder if Rebekah and Gabe are still alive. Maybe a demon bunny got them.

"Demon Bunny" sounds like a good name for a band.

On 4/26/2016 at 11:42 PM, Howl said:

Hey, Debi, I've heard that North Korea is especially welcoming to missionaries....

Sadly tax dollars would be used to extract her from the DPRK.

To:China

Please accept my apologies for assholes like Debi coming to China. Yes we Americans must deal with fundies like her everyday. Debi doesn't represent us all. She and her husband are just sick assholes

Sincerely,

An American

As if most Chinese children in middle to upper class homes aren't already under enough pressure from their parents to do extremely well in whatever area they excel, now Debbie wants them to beat their children into even MORE obedience?

(Not a hateful remark.  I have known Chinese students who are brilliant for whom this is a reality.  They eat, sleep, and breathe their area of expertise: math/science/music/engineering, etc.  I believe their well-intentioned parents want a better life for their child than they had for themselves.  Not just China, though.  This applies to other cultures as well.)

Looks like Debi's not as welcome in China as she thought she might be:

For the last few months I have been preparing to travel to China for a series of lectures on Created To Be His Help Meet. Amazing as it seems, Created is very popular in China so the information was made known among the believers that I was coming. Nathan and Zephyr traveled with me (Nathan was helping me with the lectures). After over 16 hours of travel at just past midnight I was about to board on my last fight (5th plane) when suddenly my name was heard over the loud speaker.

The large room was filled with the excited chatter of Chinese folks returning to their homeland; even the airport personnel were Chinese, as were all the signs. I felt I was already in China. Even though there were many standing waiting at the international desk the clerk gave me immediate attention. There was extreme tension and many pointed questions; all the while the room emptied as the others boarded the plane. Nathan and Zephyr came to the desk to help but it was clear that I would not be boarding the plane.

In response to a leghumper's FB post, expressing support, Debi says "It was quite unexpected to be told, 'The name Debi Pearl is very sensitive in China.'"

She says Created is very popular in China. Perhaps the word is not popular but 'notorious.' 

Erin Patton: Amen! Sorry you could not get to China but God is still going to do great things thru you!

Even China recognizes a fucking asshole when they see one. 

So China won't even let her step foot in the country, but she plans to try again.  What does she expect will change?  And will they let her fly halfway around the world again before telling her to forget it? :pb_lol:

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm enjoying a delicious little bit of schadenfreude right now. 

ME TOO. Glad I'm not the only one!  *high five*

Archived