IGNORED

Debi Pearl is Proselytizing in China

hoipolloi

According to her Facebook page, Debi Pearl went to China last week with son Nathan & DIL Zephyr (who now live on Kauai). They're there for 3 weeks without Mike, who stayed back in TN. They apparently have a full program of speaking & book distribution. 

Early tomorrow morning I will be leaving for a big adventure; too big for a 65 year old grandma. Pray for me as I go to share Christ in China. China is now open to christian literature. Our books have really taken off there this past year. I will be traveling many place in China giving lectures...yeeks. Thankfully Nathan (youngest son) and his wife, Zephyr will be with me. Nathan is a good speaker so he will be speaking with me. I will be leaving my sweetie behind. We have hugged a LOT the last 3 days trying to seal in our hearts and minds the memories of joy and thanksgiving we find in each others company. Pray that Jesus will be made known to many. Thank you for holding up my arms as I go forth.

Is it really now legal for foreign missionaries to proselytize openly in China & hand out their propaganda? Will there really be no repercussions on anyone, either the foreign missionaries or the Chinese citizens who attend these events?

In other Pearl news, gleaned from FB pages, Pearl daughters Shoshanna (Easling) & Shalom (Brand) and DIL Zephyr are now into big time peddling of Plexus, son Gabe appears to be living on Kauai also, at least part time, and Rebekah & her nutwad "husband" Gabe Anast are still below the radar. Mike Pearl is still a fucking asshole.

China is so utterly huge and diverse, and things have been changing a lot with them since the 70s, it is easily possible for them to peddle their crap in certain regions. I think it just has to be a state-approved location for proselytizing. Her post is pretty non-specific on location...

What a fucking shame it's her over there. Damn. :(

They have a two-child policy over there now, but most couples aren't rushing to have another baby... And their population is aging... It's quite a sad mess. Knowing Debi she probably hopes for some sort of Christian baby boom. :/

Proselytizing is very, very heavily circumscribed and there are only a handful of Protestant denominations that are allowed by the state. On the one hand, I think that the religious freedom situation in China is absolutely deplorable, but on the other, I would feel so much schadenfreude if Debi Pearl ran afoul of the Chinese authorities.

Also, I'm especially annoyed about the arrogance of Debi's "mission"; there are tons of local Christians who are risking their livelihoods and lives to advocate for religious freedom (not to mention the Muslims, Tibetan Buddhists, and Falun Gong practitioners who are in similar circumstances), and in comes some idiot white lady who knows jackshit about Chinese culture, language, or history who thinks she'll convert the heathens and will show everyone the "proper" way to practice Christianity. Shut the fuck up, Debi.

Eh, my guess is that the entire popularity of their cray is the Protestant missionary westerners who set up English schools in China. I've known quite a few who went to be English teachers there and those groups are highly conservative and punitive. Several I've known actually left because they refused to follow Pearl crap and those groups think they get to dictate how their members parent.

" I will be leaving my sweetie behind. We have hugged a LOT the last 3 days trying to seal in our hearts and minds the memories of joy and thanksgiving we find in each others company."

Oh Debi, If it takes 3 days of hugging to seal in memories of joy and thanksgiving, then there is obviously not a lot of joy and thanksgiving in your relationship! 

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

" I will be leaving my sweetie behind. We have hugged a LOT the last 3 days trying to seal in our hearts and minds the memories of joy and thanksgiving we find in each others company."

Oh Debi, If it takes 3 days of hugging to seal in memories of joy and thanksgiving, then there is obviously not a lot of joy and thanksgiving in your relationship! 

Maybe there were a few "loving swats" in the mix---

I will be really REALLY pissed if the US has to use diplomatic resources to rescue Debi Pearl because  she gets herself arrested trying to train Chinese parents how to beat their children 'correctly'

2 minutes ago, dawbs said:

I will be really REALLY pissed if the US has to use diplomatic resources to rescue Debi Pearl because  she gets herself arrested trying to train Chinese parents how to beat their children 'correctly'

Same. I hope she has to pay back all the expenses involved in bailing her ass out of trouble. And that she has to donate to the legal defense of any Chinese nationals she gets into trouble.

Also, ugh, stay the fuck out of China, Debi. It's an awesome country with awesome people who don't deserve to have you foisted upon them.

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Proselytizing is very, very heavily circumscribed and there are only a handful of Protestant denominations that are allowed by the state. On the one hand, I think that the religious freedom situation in China is absolutely deplorable, but on the other, I would feel so much schadenfreude if Debi Pearl ran afoul of the Chinese authorities.

Re: bolded. My first thought on reading her FB posts.

My second thoughts were as others here have said: if she's arrested & needs US State Dept help to extricate herself & her idiot son+wife, the US Govt needs to bill ALL costs to NGJ. They make millions off their shite, so they could easily pay us taxpayers back.

37 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: bolded. My first thought on reading her FB posts.

My second thoughts were as others here have said: if she's arrested & needs US State Dept help to extricate herself & her idiot son+wife, the US Govt needs to bill ALL costs to NGJ. They make millions off their shite, so they could easily pay us taxpayers back.

To the bolded: is this true? Have they really made millions selling books on how to beat your children and abuse your wife?

57 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

To the bolded: is this true? Have they really made millions selling books on how to beat your children and abuse your wife?

Yes, I also want to know. Is this true? I had never actually considered investigating how much money they are making off this rubbish.

1 hour ago, Witherwings said:

Yes, I also want to know. Is this true? I had never actually considered investigating how much money they are making off this rubbish.

According to their IRS 990 for FY 2013 (filed in 2014), they grossed $4,500,000+ between 2009 & 2014. Yearly averages for that period range from $400K to just over $1 million. 

3 hours ago, doggie said:

way too many idiots giving these monsters money.

Yes, I want to know who is uying this crap? Ffs 

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

(quoting DP) Our books have really taken off there this past year.

Oh, dear. That's really too bad.

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

According to their IRS 990 for FY 2013 (filed in 2014), they grossed $4,500,000+ between 2009 & 2014. Yearly averages for that period range from $400K to just over $1 million. 

Whoa.  I wouldn't have guessed that high in a million years - there are more f-ed up people in the world than I thought/hoped.

58 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

Whoa.  I wouldn't have guessed that high in a million years - there are more f-ed up people in the world than I thought/hoped.

The IRS 990s don't provide a breakdown of income except for the general categories -- contributions/gifts/grants vs. admissions/sales/services -- but considering the stated purpose of the alleged non-profit is "religious teaching on child training" I'd guess a lot of copies of TTUAC and related shite accounts for much of the $$

Judging by the amount of those books I see in thrift stores (and the slightly lesser evil, Babywise), I would say a big percentage of parents use these books. Or, at least, receive them as gifts. 

How is American parenting viewed in China? I wonder if they have a starry-eyed view of it like some Americans do the Scandinavian countries. 

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Hey, Debi, I've heard that North Korea is especially welcoming to missionaries....

From your keyboard to the FSM's ears...

Debi Pearl:  And this is how to properly beat your children. :darthsidious:

China:  And THIS, from the country where we allowed many of our orphaned children to go? :pb_eek:  :?

USA: Thanks a LOT, Debi. :doh:

Archived