IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Eleventy!!!!1!! Lauren's Laments

SpoonfulOSugar

14 hours ago, Koala said:

From her FB:

@Koala  Eh? Another one? How? Why? Is it even true?  And did you notice the poster of the comment had check in location in West Africa? Boarding school link?

• 1 month later...

I'd been wondering what Lauren was up to, because that last blog post in April sounded so sad.  She hasn't updated since, and there's not much on her instagram (though someone's given them a bus), but this latest post had me gawping.  I think of myself as pretty un-shockable, but these anatomically correct, hand-sculpted puppets for use in "sexual healing circles" made me YIKES outloud!

("How can made-up creatures be anatomically correct?", I hear you ask.  I have no idea, but I'm still stuck on crocheting a retractable foreskin!)

Edited by Lurky
  • Haha 1

OMG, I needed that laugh this week!

Did you see this one? She ain't friends with no fatties!

parklingadventuresI showed the #FeministFrequency video on female body types in computer games to the girls and encouraged them to draw a greater range and scope of body types in their daily cartooning. They've taken it to heart. Aisha said to me this morning — when I commented positively on this drawing: "Before, I thought most of the population was skinny!" It makes me aware that most of our friends — primarily through alternative lifestyle choices — are slim, but she's starting to observe that the wider world is full of a wonderful range of beautiful bodies. #mightygirl #feministpride#bodypositive

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am slightly worried. Hellena had a mention in a post Feb 6, 2017 about how a friend, the mother of four of the most beautiful children she knew, had died. And it’s almost as if Lauren ceased to exist after her post about the grief overwhelming her.

My worry early on, because we walked similar grief journeys a month apart in time, was that she was so disengaged from her grief it might one day consume her.

I can find stuff on her friends and Daniel’s father Ben is as active online as he always was. But Lauren essentially disappeared after that. There were some random sporadic sights until last year and there appear to be none whatsoever after that point. For a woman who spent her entire adult life online and who mingled with others with huge online presence, that comment by Hellena worries me.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been reading through old articles and it looks as though David was eligible for parole in December of 2015.  I can't find anything beyond that as to whether parole was granted or not.  But even if it wasn't, I'm sure he's had other parole hearings since.
Maybe it's possible he's out and he and Lauren have reunited, and that's why she's gone silent.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Someone has recently yarn bombed the bridge that David jumped off. I believe he *may* be out in the community as someone I know thought he saw him.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

If you look at Ben's public Facebook pictures you can see that they visited Lauren in Tasmania in January of this year. I'm so curious about how she and the girls are doing.

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...

Was just thinking about her today.  doesn't seem she's ever resurfaced.  so strange for someone who posted every detail of their lives to just stop like that.  

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this, from the blog of someone who says she met Lauren. The post is dated April 2018, but it doesn't say when she met Lauren. Scroll down for the picture.

https://pacific-edge.info/2018/03/meeting-anne/

It's a different vehicle, not the rainbow van, and I don't know which child that is - anybody have a sense of when this picture might have been taken?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Interesting! It says "three young children" and we did hear that the oldest had moved to live with an Aunt. 

In the pic the long dreads are present. Didn't she cut them off at one stage? 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I hope the girls are doing well. It was nice that Lauren allowed Aisha to live with her aunt since she didnt want to travel. Wonder how prepared she was for school?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I do miss hearing about Lauren and the girls, but I am glad everything seems much more stable for all of them. That ABR link shows she dropped the surname "Fisher". The business "Redair Photography" from 206 to 2019 sounds very Lauren. She loved photography and graphic design. Water Engineering Tasmania doesn't sound like her at all.  Looks to be catchment systems for non-potable water (irrigate plants, put out fires). Very strange industry for her, unless she is working with a partner. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I followed Lauren for ages and am a long time lurker on FJ (so hopefully this is allowed). I saw this post today and did a little sleuthing. Found one of the daughters on social media (not the oldest) and it looks like the girls are in school, living in a house, with friends and age appropriate interests and hobbies. One post mentioned a "step grandma" so I think Lauren must be in a relationship. I'm really happy that their life seems more stable now and that the girls are in school!

Edited by Tatertotcasserole21
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, Tatertotcasserole21 said:

I followed Lauren for ages and am a long time lurker on FJ (so hopefully this is allowed). I saw this post today and did a little sleuthing. Found one of the daughters on social media (not the oldest) and it looks like the girls are in school, living in a house, with friends and age appropriate interests and hobbies. One post mentioned a "step grandma" so I think Lauren must be in a relationship. I'm really happy that their life seems more stable now and that the girls are in school!

I've been looking and can't find any sign of them.  Could you pm me pls?  Followed them closely for a long time, and would love to see that they're ok. :)

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

Lauren popped up in my head so I looked around.  Aisha is in high school.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugjPT2T9l4

Brioni also attends the same school.  https://huonvillehs.schoolzineplus.com/schoolnews?nid=5 

The kids seem smart and well adjusted.  

Thanks for that.  I'm glad they seem to be doing well.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• 10 months later...

Wow. That was one sad report. Declining mental health combined with drugs. Or declining mental health brought on or exacerbated by drugs. 

Does anyone know where he is now? 

• Upvote 3