IGNORED

New Doctor Who companion announced

caszandra

The new companion was announced during the FA cup semi-final on BBC 1 in the UK, her name is Pearl Mackie and her character is called Bill. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/23/doctor-who-pearl-mackie-is-the-new-companion/

From the clip shown introducing her she seems very annoying! Hopefully she will be good but not sure at this point.

Thanks.  Well, we know who my favorite companion was.

<<<<

We always grumble when it's time for a new Doctor or Companion...then after a few episodes it's as if they've always been there.

But Ten is MY Doctor. :my_biggrin:

I agree that she seems annoying in the clip. Hopefully she gets better. I was kind of hoping they'd pick someone older.

Sigh. I was hoping for a man. But I just read an interview with Capaldi where he says he was worried that if they gave him a male companion, it would inevitably be a younger one. Capaldi was worried about being relegated to standing about spouting scientific gobbledegook while the young bloke did all the fun stuf.

3 hours ago, Blahblah said:

Sigh. I was hoping for a man. But I just read an interview with Capaldi where he says he was worried that if they gave him a male companion, it would inevitably be a younger one. Capaldi was worried about being relegated to standing about spouting scientific gobbledegook while the young bloke did all the fun stuf.

Personally, that makes me dislike Capaldi. Has it crossed his mind at all that a woman could run around doing all the fun stuff, while he stands around saying his lines?

• 2 weeks later...

I was shocked they chose Pearl Mackie as I really thought Rakhee Thakrar formerly from East Enders would have been the choice . I do think her look will make for some interesting cosplay at Comic Con! 

Edit:  There was a blind item from the Gossip Life which predicted the companion would be multi cultural and controversial. 

Archived