IGNORED

#Big Sandy 2016

picklepizzas

So, because I'm not fundie, I saw the campground map and immediately thought "..where is the swimming pool?!"

But man...all that wholesome wear would clog that pool so fast with those hordes of children. Also, swimming is sinful, right?

23348.png

• Upvote 7

Do any of the videos of these sessions end up on YouTube or posted to individual fundies' public social media accounts? I don't follow any of these guys, but would love to see video of any of the sessions if they're posted.

• Upvote 2

I've used a camp shower house that had a big room with a bench and hooks on the wall. The showers were partitioned off and had curtains. But no separate private changing area. I watched fully dressed fundie girls walk into the shower and throw their clothes out onto a folding chair or floor. I was floored, since I grew up using swimming pool shower rooms and used to changing out in the open. Then I was worried they expected ME to dress/undress like that. I am not coordinated enough not to drop my panties or whatever on the wet shower floor! 

• Upvote 3

Do any of the videos of these sessions end up on YouTube or posted to individual fundies' public social media accounts? I don't follow any of these guys, but would love to see video of any of the sessions if they're posted.

That would be too good to be true. But they're so damn cray cray they just might.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I think it could use some better/alliterative names. Forsaken Flesh? Faithful Flesh? Gargantuan Green? Wondrous White? Wrathful White?

Foreskin Fuchsia?

Speaking of professional creationists, here's a new book in which creationists say evolutionists say the oddest things:  http://infobytes.creation.com/infobytes/Australia/2016/04-April/2016-04-20_AU.html

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, CyborgKin said:

Foreskin Fuchsia?

Speaking of professional creationists, here's a new book in which creationists say evolutionists say the oddest things:  http://infobytes.creation.com/infobytes/Australia/2016/04-April/2016-04-20_AU.html

Well on that particular note, Penile Puce. 

• Upvote 4

Oh, the irony of Davy Fab Waller teaching a lesson called "Who are you?", just the person I want to talk to my family about being true to yourself and your calling, or something.... 

• Upvote 13

"Just come."  the silent prayer offered up by these pastor's long suffering helpmeets on a nightly basis. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 8.58.16 pm.jpg

• Upvote 32

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

"J. Duggar" may be the single most useless name tag I have ever seen.

But I bet the "J. Duggar" tag gets used and reused over the years.  :my_shy:

• Upvote 18

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Sorry for the thread drift. There is all sorts of WTF Jesus art out there. Like this man who does not look amusedimage.jpeg

Why do two of these Jesuses have a receding hairline? Did the son of God experience hair loss?

• Upvote 11

9 hours ago, SpurgeonSquarepants said:

So, because I'm not fundie, I saw the campground map and immediately thought "..where is the swimming pool?!"

But man...all that wholesome wear would clog that pool so fast with those hordes of children. Also, swimming is sinful, right?

23348.png

Do my old eyes decieve me, or is the road at the top of the campground "Smug Oak Lane"?

• Upvote 17

19 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

Why do two of these Jesuses have a receding hairline? Did the son of God experience hair loss?

Just like the Duggar males? It must be caused by a godly gene.

Edited by Gobsmacked
  • Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

My thought exactly. That said, I'd love to see Bald Jesus.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@19 cats and counting, Loehmann's was famous for their communal changing rooms as well as their great deals on women's clothes.  The late Erma Bombeck wrote All I Know About Animal Behavior, I Learned in the Loehmann's Dressing Room.

Erma was a newspaperwoman who became a SAHM when she and her husband adopted a little girl but then she began to write humor columns for the Dayton, Ohio shoppers. Her column grew and began to be carried by more and more papers.  My aunt in  Cincinnati was/is a big fan.  Erma was next-door neighbors to Phil Donahue when they both lived in the Dayton area.

Erma Bombeck

I *love* Erma and still have most of her books.(After she passed, I remember seeing a one-panel comic of St. Peter welcoming her to Heaven, with a bunch of her columns on a refrigerator.)

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Evil Feminist said:

I've used a camp shower house that had a big room with a bench and hooks on the wall. The showers were partitioned off and had curtains. But no separate private changing area. I watched fully dressed fundie girls walk into the shower and throw their clothes out onto a folding chair or floor. I was floored, since I grew up using swimming pool shower rooms and used to changing out in the open. Then I was worried they expected ME to dress/undress like that. I am not coordinated enough not to drop my panties or whatever on the wet shower floor! 

I went to a nondenominational christian summer camp as a kid and they were very strict about no changing where anyone else could see you. Girls would get dressed in there sleeping bags because the alternative was 20+ minute line for a bathroom stall. It was honestly ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Me too!  Older I get, less I care.  A benefit of growing older.  Along with wisdom.

As long as my health holds out, I love getting older. So much to gain as we lose our looks!

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I believe it's a plug in.

Well, that's unfortunate since it can't be allowed to get wet---

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Foreskin Fuchsia?

But no male would have a foreskin, am I right??

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh no, the crunchy curl look is back!

I think that is Jinger's natural hair? She is the only one with actual curls and it doesn't look *too* crunchy. It might be hard to blow dry, straighten, and then curl your hair in a campground sharing a space with that many people.

At least I hope that's the reason. 

• Upvote 9

If Jinger is finally caring for her curls correctly (co-washing and lots of moisture, no heated styling tools and no brushing/combing) then her hair is much healthier for it.  The crunchy look can be part of the learning curve:  you find out what products leave your hair soft and not crunchy after you've released the gel cast, IOW, scrunching your hair after it's dry.  I like Curls Creme Brûlée and DevaCurl Supercreme.  I've used some products that felt like I'd shellacked my head!

Curls rock!

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 15

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh no, the crunchy curl look is back!

Jinger's hair is naturally curly, but not like that. If you look at the early specials, you can see how her hair curls in its natural state. I guess ATI/IBLP couldn't keep the Duggars away, no matter how much the outside world dislikes them.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

I went to a nondenominational christian summer camp as a kid and they were very strict about no changing where anyone else could see you. Girls would get dressed in there sleeping bags because the alternative was 20+ minute line for a bathroom stall. It was honestly ridiculous. 

And yet you were all to live in a cabin together? I know that at camp and youth retreats and that sort of thing, I watched how the other girls would change clothes in ways that you couldn't see anything, and learned to do the same. Honestly, if that was the case, why couldn't there have been how-to sessions rather than policing like that? I hope no one gave anyone a hard time for looking wrinkled-up from having to change in sleeping bags. Interesting......