IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

Every time they mention not having time for things or needing to work things into the schedule I think "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SO BUSY DOING?!? None of you have lives!!!"

I really wonder what their days are like. Would putting photos in albums interrupt their 6 hours of bible study or something?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I would love to see their daily schedules these days. How do they spend their time? And why are they so busy that it's been so long since they had Grandparents' Night?

Just now, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I would love to see their daily schedules these days. How do they spend their time? And why are they so busy that it's been so long since they had Grandparents' Night?

Maybe the grand folks are enjoying Teri's (second) retirement from 27,er, 30 years of DRT-schooling by pitching sweet, sweet old-folk woo every waking hour (AFTER morning & evening Bible study, of course).  First sexay things first, y'know. Gotta keep the marriage fresh!!

On the subject of Steve and letting his daughters marry. I know that poor Sarah probably isn't going to get married but I wonder if he is considering letting Mary or Anna go. Because he could probably spin that as "Sarah wants to stay home and care for us in our old age" even though I suspect that Sarah does not. But all three of them? That makes it odd. 

11 hours ago, Rosie said:

"My mom loved summer because it afforded her opportunities to do things she normally didn’t have time for such as putting photos in albums, deep cleaning the refrigerator, polishing cabinets, and a host of other things."

Seriously?  That is why she *loved* summer?

Deep cleaning the refrigerator? That's a thing? I have had my fridge three years and never deep cleaned it. I would be a bad Maxwell.

I think the Maxwells are low on money as I have never seen them pimp out so many items or services that were not their own. I am embarrassed for them because it's obvious this is so out of their norm and must be necessary. There is no way they can be making much, other than some freebies, off their advertisements.  They don't have a large following and it seems the target audience would be super fundies that don't likely have much money. I also can't remember the last time they went to a conference to sell their wares. Have they even gone anywhere this year? 

New post recommending the products of some industrious young women who haven't met Mr. Right yet.  One company makes children's headbands and hats, the other shoes.  It's important to keep busy!

They must be hurting for money if they are pushing other people's products now. I'm guessing them pushing the feeds is to increase page views so they make more money. 

Interesting that they talk about young unmarried women need to be busy, but they have long said it's not okay to train a daughter for a career. 

I encourage you to support small businesses such as Snugars and GraciousMay. Their products make delightful baby gifts!

How are the Maxwells showing their "support" for these industrious young ladies who are keeping busy until their God and daddy approved husbands show up? Is this a free shout out? Since they want to support these Godly enterprises, and are encouraging us to support them as well, this should be a freebie, right? 

I wonder how much they actually charged these businesses for the obviously sponsored post. Maybe they received free products in exchange for a glowing review? The author (Sarah?) says the headbands "totally fit my style"--they aren't just for babies, she assures the reader.

Either way, that's not Teen Spirit smelling up the Maxwell abode--it's the stink of desperation.

3 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

On the subject of Steve and letting his daughters marry. I know that poor Sarah probably isn't going to get married but I wonder if he is considering letting Mary or Anna go. Because he could probably spin that as "Sarah wants to stay home and care for us in our old age" even though I suspect that Sarah does not. But all three of them? That makes it odd. 

Steve will NEVER let them marry. He's that selfish, controlling, horrible human being but hey, we already knew that. 

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think so

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Deep cleaning the refrigerator? That's a thing? I have had my fridge three years and never deep cleaned it. I would be a bad Maxwell.

I deep clean mine probably once a month. Maybe more. Is that weird? It's funny I never considered myself to be any sort of a clean freak, but this is the third time this week that something like this has come up where in it's become apparent that I do something more often than is normal...

Hold up.

Does Calia have BARE SHOULDERS in that header photo?? I know the Bates girls (not so much the Duggars) wear shirts with increasingly short sleeves, but Maxwell girls always have definite sleeves on their tops. 

I had never looked into the Maxwells until today. I was tempted to find out about their stupidity.

My god, internet rabbit hole has been fallen into!

Teri needs a proper haircut. Their clothes are horrible.

Also they wear hiking boots when going hiking (note this down, Duggars) however, I must know, ARE THEY TRACKSUIT PANTS THEY HAVE TAKEN APART AND MADE INTO SKIRTS?!?!?!?!

9 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Steve will NEVER let them marry. He's that selfish, controlling, horrible human being but hey, we already knew that. 

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think so

Oh no, Steve would be only too happy to let them marry.

All they need is an acceptable man (read: a clone of Steve who can suck up to Steve and promises to obey Steve in all things and who lives next door to Steve in a house he paid for upfront without having been to school or anywhere near a normal career). Then they'll be allowed to marry.

There being no acceptable men is a sad, unfortunate detail - but all part of God's plan! Praise Jeeesus!

On 24/05/2016 at 3:30 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Mary? Why are you wearing what looks like five year old's rain boots/galoshes. Also, they actually went to/go to Ikea?!?! I thought all Fundies hated Scandinavians. Or maybe that's just PP

Why does he hate Scandinavians?

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, anjulibai said:

Why couldn't she put that stuff in the schedule during the year? 

I think that blog readers have seen photo evidence of the Maxwell ladies cleaning cabinets.  Unfortunately, I don't remember if that task was performed during "summer break."

It is really sad how dull and uninspiring Maxwell offerings have become.

I, myself, enjoy a deep-cleaned fridge. It would never cross my mind as a reason to love summer, however. I can think of beautiful flowers, beach trips, and the sun still being out when we get home from work as better reasons. Oops I said work. A fundie no-no word unless it's for themselves on their own house or some such, then they're all such hard workers!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived