IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

I was starting to feel left out, as I've never received a dick pic (or maybe I'm just a speeshal snowflake), but I have been flashed a few timed in my life.  I think you're right that flashing as old school dick pic!

Now that I think about it, I can't decide which is worse, the texted version or the live version.  With the texted person you don't have to actually come in contact with him, but on the other hand the phone is usually much closer to your face when that picture opens...

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If no one has posted this yet - here ya go.  An option for unwanted DPs.   This woman made art out of her DP collection - quite creative....

http://www.vice.com/read/this-woman-turned-her-collection-of-unsolicited-dick-pics-into-an-art-show

My favorite part of the article: 

"What would you tell a woman to do in this situation, when she receives an unwanted dick pic? 

Send back a picture of a better looking dick."

All harassment. It's not about sex. It's about power. It's about these guys wanting to exert that control. These guys, they get off knowing that they forced some girl to see it. They know that girl is not going to turn around and say, "Let's go on a date."

It's not a pick up. It's like screaming at a woman from a car. You're just doing this because you can, and because the world has taught you that that's OK.

I think this answers the "do guys think this acutally works?" question. Thanks for the link @MarblesMom

12 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think this answers the "do guys think this acutally works?" question. Thanks for the link @MarblesMom

i tried to include the quote

but Anita Hill said the same thing about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky 

the balance of power was just too strong 

This whole dick pic discussion reminds me of Leah, one of the brain trusts from Teen Mom 2 who got knocked up with twins at 16 and has been riding that (and most of the guys in her holler of West Virginia) for all it's worth. Her second husband was a pipeline worker and found out that Leah was cheating on him with her old boyfriend. Apparently the second husband was hooking up with some chick on the road, and this young woman texted Leah to tell her that the husband was sending dick pics to her. This girl sends Leah the dick pic, and Leah's infamous response? "Yep, that's my husband." Klassy! 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wow! I can't imagine having to ask if I want to buy something. If I'm shopping on EBay, I will ask Mr. Wolf if there's enough in Paypal, and if he needs something, he will ask if there's enough in checking. Anything big, like a car, we will discuss together, of course.

Drum roll. This is my 1,000th post averaging 4.9 positive reputations per post. I joined 7.5 months ago, so that is approximately 133 posts a month. I'm beginning to recognize an addiction. :crashh:

Where can one find those stats? (Though I'd probably be a bit embarrassed to find out just how much time I spend here.)

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Where can one find those stats? (Though I'd probably be a bit embarrassed to find out just how much time I spend here.)

Simple math. :obscene-smokingjoint:

Not sure why I was down-voted for explaining why men sending unwanted pictures of their genitals is sexual harassment. It seems we have some fuckboy sympathizers here on FJ :fubar:

(sorry, this is a bitch eating crackers moment)

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Simple math. :obscene-smokingjoint:

Ah. I am too lazy for such things. Ha!

It looks like an average of 225 posts a month with a positive reputation of 2 per post. The reputation didn't start right away, so you had a lot of posts which could not get an up arrow.

Now, do you want to join me in a 12 step program? @ClaraOswin

28 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Not sure why I was down-voted for explaining why men sending unwanted pictures of their genitals is sexual harassment. It seems we have some fuckboy sympathizers here on FJ :fubar:

Don't let it get to you. If you are concearned you can ask them what they were thinking. Also, it is easy to hit the wrong key especially from a phone. I don't think you should get mad because someone doesn't like your opinion.

7 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Don't let it get to you. If you are concearned you can ask them what they were thinking. Also, it is easy to hit the wrong key especially from a phone. I don't think you should get mad because someone doesn't like your opinion.

Not upset, I swear! More confused, although I see how my comment was passive-aggressive. Thanks for the suggestions Grimalkin. Still getting used to FJ. :tw_flushed:

30 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It looks like an average of 225 posts a month with a positive reputation of 2 per post. The reputation didn't start right away, so you had a lot of posts which could not get an up arrow.

Now, do you want to join me in a 12 step program? @ClaraOswin

Thanks. And yeah....we better get that program going.

4 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

If no one has posted this yet - here ya go.  An option for unwanted DPs.   This woman made art out of her DP collection - quite creative....

http://www.vice.com/read/this-woman-turned-her-collection-of-unsolicited-dick-pics-into-an-art-show

My favorite part of the article: 

"What would you tell a woman to do in this situation, when she receives an unwanted dick pic? 

Send back a picture of a better looking dick."

Someone once suggested that I respond to a dick pic with a photo of a cat's ass hole. :)

Yeah it seems so. You are right though. It most definitely is sexual harassment. The only dick I want see is my husband's...in person.

Unsolicited dick pic? No... try one worse.

Unsolicited... video.

To my... facebook photo...

:brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

Very traumatic, and sadly from someone who I considered to be a friend.

I also had a serious boyfriend in highschool who insisted on sending me one. Didn't know how to react to it. I just fail to see the beauty of penises.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I agree. I accidentally hit the downvote a lot when reading from my phone. Especially when I'm tired and lying down in bed. :( I've never on purpose (yet) given someone a downvote.

3 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Someone once suggested that I respond to a dick pic with a photo of a cat's ass hole. :)

I don't want a dick pic, but I already know that my standard line is going to be "wow, electron microscopes have such high resolution these days."

Back in the days before mobile phones, and men flashed instead of texted these pics, my friend's mum advised me that if I was flashed, I should firmly say "oh, put it away, I'm a nurse, and I've seen hundreds of them." 

Sadly (?) I never had the opportunity.  My two first penis viewings (as a teenager) were accidental (drunk fast asleep on a train, eww, and a milkman who didn't realise that propping open his milk truck door while wearing very short shorts and no undies wasn't a great idea when serving a 15 year old girl.  I got my chocolate milk and left very quickly!

I've never received a texted picture of one either...not surprising since I've been married since before mobile phones.

Used to live in a bit of an uncivilised part of the city, where there were lots of drunks peeing against the outer walls of out apartment. My fundie neighbour had a very hard time with this, because she did not want her daughters to see a penis before their wedding night, so she tried to move house.

Never got the logic. Seeing a penis by accident is no sin, since you don't try to see it. It would not awake lustful feelings either, because which young girl would lust after the penis of an old drunk. And how would seeing an accidental penis ruin you wedding night? Would she loose a piece of her heart? And what if her daughter decided to become a nurse? Would she have to wait until after her wedding night? 

Wanting to protect your kids to that degree must be an immense burden. 

And maybe counter productive, because if you have no idea what a penis looks like, you may be in for a shocking wedding night!

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Not upset, I swear! More confused, although I see how my comment was passive-aggressive. Thanks for the suggestions Grimalkin. Still getting used to FJ. :tw_flushed:

it helps to be silly  :D and eat cheetos

The dick pic thread reminded me of what Sylvia Platt had to say in the Bell Jar about getting an unwanted look at her date's junk: "All I could think about was turkey neck and turkey gizzards and I was very depressed."

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

Used to live in a bit of an uncivilised part of the city, where there were lots of drunks peeing against the outer walls of out apartment. My fundie neighbour had a very hard time with this, because she did not want her daughters to see a penis before their wedding night, so she tried to move house.

Never got the logic. Seeing a penis by accident is no sin, since you don't try to see it. It would not awake lustful feelings either, because which young girl would lust after the penis of an old drunk. And how would seeing an accidental penis ruin you wedding night? Would she loose a piece of her heart? And what if her daughter decided to become a nurse? Would she have to wait until after her wedding night? 

Wanting to protect your kids to that degree must be an immense burden. 

And maybe counter productive, because if you have no idea what a penis looks like, you may be in for a shocking wedding night!

Did she send her kid to a public school? Because once my male classmates discovered the joy of drawing comically large dongs in varying levels of detail all over their textbooks, desks, worksheets, handouts, and school property, I was very, very familiar with what a penis looked like.

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Did she have sons as well as daughters?  I think I saw my first dick when I was a young teen babysitting for little boys. You can't just let them wallow in a dirty diaper.  Also evening babysitting sometimes involves bathtime.

I thought all fundie daughters changed diapers.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived