Jump to content
IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"


choralcrusader8613

Recommended Posts

choralcrusader8613

Well, Ben showed something all right, but it wasn't any rapping abilities that I could see. Also featured in the episode and the previous thread:

Ben thinks he is a white savior for the inner city (he's really, really not).

Even Jessa couldn't keep from laughing at Ben's terrible rapping.

Flame can't take negative comments, and aside from Anna, Ben and Jessa, no interviewed Duggar could say what hip-hop or rap even was.

We needed to see yet another video chat between Jill and the rest of the family.

Next week: the girls' getaway that gets awkward because of Josh (even though he isn't there). Also, possibility of blind dates? This can only go well.

And we begin to count on...another awkward and cringeworthy episode. :P

  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • nst

    40

  • EyeQueue

    30

  • MarblesMom

    29

  • RabbitKM

    23

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So some guy on Tinder just messaged me with "how do you feel about unsolicited duck pics?" and sent me a gif of a duckling. I responded with a gif of a cat. I think this is the start of a Go

**RANT TIME** I agree.  I worked as a hostess in college, and it was always so tough when parents would not remove their screaming kids.  The cry of an infant is STRESSFUL.  It is designed to rai

I've never gotten an unsolicited dick pic, but back in my days of using chat rooms, I would get asked for a pic of my pussy all the time. The dudes got a pic of my feline headship.

Posted Images

foreign fundie

Well, moving to the inner city could potentially save Ben and Jessa from a lot of things they don't want to be saved from.

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
JillyO

@Petrel said:

Quote

I think it's like the email scammers.  They're looking for gullible people, so they don't craft their emails convincingly because then they might end up wasting time with someone who has very low odds of sending cash.  If they just want casual sex, spam women with dick pics.  Those who don't want casual sex will be annoyed, but you want to filter them out anyway.  The girls who are into random dick pics are your target audience. 

Yeah... NO. I know plenty of women who enjoy casual sex, myself included. Exactly zero of them like getting unsolicited dick picks.

  • Upvote 28
Link to post
Share on other sites
devoe364
39 minutes ago, JillyO said:

@Petrel said:

Yeah... NO. I know plenty of women who enjoy casual sex, myself included. Exactly zero of them like getting unsolicited dick picks.

I polled the women I work with in retail. There are about 35 of us. Most are under 25. 4 are openly LGBT. 3 are in their mid to late 30s (me being one of them). 4 are married. 10 are in relationships. 

Only 6 have never recieved an unsolicited dick pic. 2 are lesbians. 

Its pretty sad. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey
6 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Well, Ben showed something all right, but it wasn't any rapping abilities that I could see. Also featured in the episode and the previous thread:

Ben thinks he is a white savior for the inner city (he's really, really not).

Even Jessa couldn't keep from laughing at Ben's terrible rapping.

Flame can't take negative comments, and aside from Anna, Ben and Jessa, no interviewed Duggar could say what hip-hop or rap even was.

We needed to see yet another video chat between Jill and the rest of the family.

Next week: the girls' getaway that gets awkward because of Josh (even though he isn't there). Also, possibility of blind dates? This can only go well.

And we begin to count on...another awkward and cringeworthy episode. :P

I can't even imagine them on a road trip not being awkward. The "girls" act like they are total strangers to each other. Their interactions seem so forced.

On the video chat, Jinger was definitely not interested in talking to Jill. And Anna was phoning it in. Joy is the only one that seemed to want to do the chat.

How can they have blind dates? 

ETA: Flame's friend obviously doesn't know about the rules that the Duggar's follow because he asked Jessa to "make Ben" go and rap in the room. Jessa couldn't possibly do that or she'd go straight to hell!

Edited by Kelsey
  • Upvote 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
lascuba

Someone mention in the last thread about how little time TLC seems to be investing in Jill and Derrick, and I'm starting to think that that's entirely the Dillard's choice (assuming a while episode focused solely on them isn't in the works). I think those two were genuinely emotionally devastated by the fallout of the scandals, and for Jill especially, it must have felt like a slap in the face to go from beloved good girl of the Duggars clan to having every thing she says and does dissected and criticized. It wouldn't surprise me if she and Derrick agreed to be part of the show only because it would open up a whole new line of speculation if they stayed out of it, but made it so their involvement was kept at a minimum. They could play up how oh so dangerous Cintril Amurkah is to provide an excuse as to why the cameras aren't there all the time.

@anotherone

Quote

Her best relationship is with the camera.  There she is comfortable and has a personality.

I don't even think that's the case. Jill is the one who is most comfortable in front of the camera. To me, Jessa comes across very affected, like she is trying way too hard. The times when she shows a personality are when she's having a real moment with her family--her questioning JD about the house; and way back when they were taking down a dead tree and she said, "Boys make everything complicated" when her brothers were doing a half-assed job at it. Or when she was so mad that she forgot her tv face, like in the Megyn Kelly interview or when as a teen a producer asked her what she would say to people who said her parents were overprotective and she said, "Get over it."

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lascuba said:

 

I don't even think that's the case. Jill is the one who is most comfortable in front of the camera. To me, Jessa comes across very affected, like she is trying way too hard. The times when she shows a personality are when she's having a real moment with her family--her questioning JD about the house; and way back when they were taking down a dead tree and she said, "Boys make everything complicated" when her brothers were doing a half-assed job at it. Or when she was so mad that she forgot her tv face, like in the Megyn Kelly interview or when as a teen a producer asked her what she would say to people who said her parents were overprotective and she said, "Get over it."

Where is the clip where Jessa said "get over  it"?  As far as the title that is  one pure joke - it's basically the same show .  The same people get it.   Unless they have one whole hour of Just Jill in scary CA then I don't believe for a second it's a new show.  Jill is barely in it.  

I think Jessa was less affected by the scandal as Jill was because Jill is the golden child.  Unless Jessa hides her feelings which I bet she does behind those glares and stupid laughs she does.  Her line to MK about we are still a family we don't need a show - was purely a pregnancy moment I am sure unless she believed it in that moment. 

She is playing a part - it was evident with Jana during the Molly scenes- she wants to come across as more mature and evolved.  But the girl can't.  plain and simple 

and if her and Ben do go off to the inner city - I really don't want to see that train wreck.  lol   ok _ I do but I would ROFL all the way 

Edited by nst
Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

I'm still lol'ing at the thought of Ben trying to preach to anyone in an inner city. 

Actually, I lol at the idea of ANYONE trying to preach to others without real life experiences or hardships they've overcome. And no, taking cold showers does't count.

  • Upvote 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
lascuba
34 minutes ago, nst said:

Where is the clip where Jessa said "get over  it"?

I wouldn't even know how to look. She was a teen at the time, that's all I remember as far as timing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
choralcrusader8613
4 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I wouldn't even know how to look. She was a teen at the time, that's all I remember as far as timing.

It's screencapped on a fundie snark tumblr here: http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/24341786529/such-a-delightful-young-lady-dont-be-such-a

The episode listed in the tags is "Duggars Do New York".

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyBottlePop
12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm still lol'ing at the thought of Ben trying to preach to anyone in an inner city. 

Actually, I lol at the idea of ANYONE trying to preach to others without real life experiences or hardships they've overcome. And no, taking cold showers does't count.

I would watch him do that. Maybe he would come to awareness! 

The thing that angers me most about Ben and Jessa and Jill and Derrick is their arrogance in what they believe. I'm a Catholic, but I've never ever liked the idea of missionary work or trying to convert someone. My opinion is who knows what's the right way? I believe that for me, Catholicism is the way, but I don't have the right to tell anyone that any other faith or no faith isn't the right way! 

Like Harley Quinn said, Ben isn't taking into account any other kind of viewpoint or life experience. He has had a cushy life. 

Edited by BabyBottlePop
spelling mistake
  • Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lascuba
5 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

It's screencapped on a fundie snark tumblr here: http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/24341786529/such-a-delightful-young-lady-dont-be-such-a

The episode listed in the tags is "Duggars Do New York".

Oh, god. I'm watching the episode now, looking for that clip, and I had forgotten that Michelle handed their cab driver a family picture. Here's the clip:

Jessa's part start at around 2:45.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that when they filmed on location there had to be approval and permits -so those "random" cops showing up and the woman officer asking Michelle that question was scripted :D

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaraOswin

Thanks to those who found the clip of Jackson dancing.

Jana going over and trying to figure out what he was doing was quite sad. JB's response wasn't great either but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Didn't Jill talk about how Izzy dances in church? I wonder what JB thinks of that.

Oh...also in the clip there was a bubble that popped up saying they haven't purchased new baby gear since 1988. I really hope that doesn't mean they were using the same old car seats. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn
33 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

. I really hope that doesn't mean they were using the same old car seats. 

You know it does. 

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
iweartanktops
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Oh, god. I'm watching the episode now, looking for that clip, and I had forgotten that Michelle handed their cab driver a family picture. Here's the clip:

Jessa's part start at around 2:45.

Why did JB say it was good to see an honest cab driver? Are they not usually honest people? I don't understand why he was impressed by that, or how he came to the conclusion. Weird. 

  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lascuba
1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Why did JB say it was good to see an honest cab driver? Are they not usually honest people? I don't understand why he was impressed by that, or how he came to the conclusion. Weird. 

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o5hx8rbCX01qietwz_500.gif

 

  • Upvote 37
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

Raunchy? And the children ignore such? How/what would these wholesome kids know about raunchy?

Oh, that's right, Josh was their ringleader.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
zee_four

 

7 hours ago, devoe364 said:

I polled the women I work with in retail. There are about 35 of us. Most are under 25. 4 are openly LGBT. 3 are in their mid to late 30s (me being one of them). 4 are married. 10 are in relationships. 

Only 6 have never recieved an unsolicited dick pic. 2 are lesbians. 

Its pretty sad. 

I'm 28 and om the younger side of my classmates and friends. Only time i gor unsolicited dick pics was playing Chat Roulette. But unsolicited might not be the right term for those, we played Chat Roulette in college to get those rando dick shots, every one was a shot in one of our drinking games

Edited by choralcrusader8613
duplicate removal
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

Oh, god. I'm watching the episode now, looking for that clip, and I had forgotten that Michelle handed their cab driver a family picture. Here's the clip:

Jessa's part start at around 2:45.

I think the taxi driver was very gracious about the picture. I hope they gave him a good tip. After all, he was an honest taxi driver.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaraOswin

The Duggars don't strike me as good tippers. Or tippers at all, really.

  • Upvote 36
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 cats and counting
25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think the taxi driver was very gracious about the picture. I hope they gave him a good tip. After all, he was an honest taxi driver.

Probably one of those fake $10 bills with scripture on it.

  • Upvote 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
Coy Koi
1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

The Duggars don't strike me as good tippers. Or tippers at all, really.

"Here's a tip: Next time, accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Lord and Savior."

  • Upvote 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
fraurosena

Hey, they gave him the photograph... wasn't that tip enough?

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
quiverofdoubt
3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Thanks to those who found the clip of Jackson dancing.

Jana going over and trying to figure out what he was doing was quite sad. JB's response wasn't great either but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Didn't Jill talk about how Izzy dances in church? I wonder what JB thinks of that.

Oh...also in the clip there was a bubble that popped up saying they haven't purchased new baby gear since 1988. I really hope that doesn't mean they were using the same old car seats. 

I think that just means they've only bought used gear. So used carseats.  Did you see mchelle oggling the car seat cover? (ugh, so not safe!!!!) But she really wanted it and was clearly trying to convince jbob of how she needed it, without actually asking. sad she can't just ask for the things she wants.  (though i'm glad he was too cheap to spring for it).  She seemed in awe of all the new baby stuff out- perhaps things had changed in the baby gear department in the 15 years or so since she was prepping for josh.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      A happy summer solstice to all northern hemisphere FJers! And a happy winter solstice to all southern hemisphere FJers! (I know it's already Monday is Australia, so I'm late for most of you.)

      ETA--Oh! I just checked, and the winter solstice is at 1:31 PM on Monday, June 21 in Eastern Australia Time. So, for once the time zones worked in my favor. I'm not late!
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I'm so angry at the Bishops right now. Shit like this is why I left the Catholic church. They play politics so blatantly.  I hope this convinces more people to leave. 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I’m okay. I can do this. 
       
      (I’m not okay.)
      · 5 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I have an extremely stressful weekend coming up. If you can spare me and the kitties some good thoughts I’d appreciate it. 
      · 1 reply
    • Mrs Ms

      Mrs Ms

      One of my siblings has a work related thing coming up where they get to visit a fundie place. Has promised a detailed rundown of the encounter for me and another sibling via video chat. Not that I am jealous or anything….
      · 1 reply
    • BemusedByFundamentalism

      BemusedByFundamentalism

      My in-laws gifted me a hand crank Singer 127k family piece for my birthday. It's from 1926... whoaaahh I feel so loved! Any tips are welcome 😃
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      They don't make movies like that anymore....
       
       
      And...oh yeah.  KHAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!
      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      My grandmother came from a town in Missouri of (now) population ~14,500 and 8 Baptist churches.  Not counting all the other denominations, that's just the Baptists.  
      MY grandfather came from Drimoleauge, Ireland which has a current population of ~450 people (not a typo) and 1 church and 5 pubs.  
      If I get a time machine take a wild guess which ancestors I'm going back to visit?  I'm not social, don't enjoy bars, and prefer to imbibe at home but sitting in a pub has to be better than being Godbothered to death by people pretending they don't drink.  
      Fun unrelated fact - Martin Luther spent so much time on the toilet he had a desk built so he could work there, and would take meetings while actively pooping.   He also wrote letters to people with vivid descriptions of his poops.   That should make everyone feel a little better about their work place and emails.
      · 2 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Dear FJ ladies of a certain age.  Did you know that joint pain can appear/increase with perimenopause and menopause?  No?  Me neither till my rheumatologist told me yesterday.  It's all down to the fall in (o)estrogen. 
      Looking online, it'll either settle down as your hormones adapt to their new levels OR you're stuck with it!  I don't fancy needing NSAIDs for the rest of my life.
      · 3 replies
    • GoddessOfVictory

      GoddessOfVictory

      This evening a biker dude went out of his way to follow my car into a retail store's parking lot to lecture me on - get this - braking when the light turned yellow. I had been going the speed limit and it was by no means the shortest stop I've ever made. He condescendingly told me that next time I should hit the gas because people like him could "go splat" into my car. Really dude?!? If you're going to drive any vehicle, especially a motorcycle, actually learn to drive it and don't effing tailgate me when I'm going the speed limit. And if you did rear-end me, guess whose fault it would be? Certainly not the person who was obeying the law.
      Also, I hate living in a society where I have to say this, but I am soooo thankful my male coworker was with me. The biker stopped his bike right behind my car when I parked and wouldn't move it until his lecture was over. If I had been alone I would have been terrified.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.