IGNORED

Fear the Walking Dead

DaffyDill

What did you all think of the midseason finale? I didn't  like Daniel losing his mind. Chris has gone psycho and is scary AF. Yes, the hacienda is reminiscent of Herschel's farm, except Herschel didn't intentionally turn folks into walkers. I dont get Celia's motive for doing that. What did Thomas die of anyway?

I still cannot stand Madison. She is a huge part of Nick's problem. She thinks she always knows best and she doesn't know shit, especially about Nick.

So, back into the wild for the survivors. I would have tried harder to stay at the compound, with stone walls, and the ability to produce food. Not to mention real beds with sheets! What's a few zombies in the basement when you have all these assets?

I was a bit bamboozled about Daniel loosing it so quickly. There was no build up (that I could see...but I am not the sharpest crayon in the box) he just went. :pow:

Thomas got bitten when he was at the church where Celia poisoned all the parishioners. He was cradling the priest or one of then, when they died. Although we didn't see him get bitten, I think it was left for us to surmise. 

I think it was too blown up to have been habitable. Daniel must have spread around more petrol than what was shown because no way would that little bit we saw have caused that explosion. Unless there were chemicals in the wine cellar. 

Strand is still the only reason I am watching it. I think I have lost moteldad as a viewing partner for when the season starts again, he can't even remember anybodies names and is over all the stupid decisions being made. Oh and he was encouraging Travis to kill Chris. :tw_smirk:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

OMG. Frank Dillane should get an Emmy nod for his performance in this epi. 

Oh I have to disagree. This will be my final episode of FTWD. I gave it a shot tonight, but nope.

The final straw I think was the blokes in the jeep that didn't get back in the jeep, but fumbled with reloading their guns. Just stupid.

I also didn't think that this was a strong enough episode to resume with after the mid season break. I will probably just read here to get your views on the episodes, but won't bother with watching them again.

To each her own. I like character driven episodes that make the ZA more than just horror. TWD also has stupid unbelievable moments (Glenn under the dumpster?). If anything, I may not resume watching TWD because I am losing interest during this overly long hiatus. 

I think Frank carried the episode quite well, Madison or Alicia or Travis sure could not have carried an episode alone. 

I also like the introduction of a thriving survivor community, we'll see how long that lasts. I don't understand why the pharmacist didn't offer Nick a new set of clothes and a shower, I wouldn't want him bringing those pathogens into my compound.

I did not care for FTWD much at first. Typical dysfunctional family, so what? We did get to see a little more of how society collapsed in FTWD, but the characters did not draw me in. I still don't care for Madison or Travis.

• 1 month later...

Tonight's episode...wow. What happened to Chris? Nick gouges out a zombie's brains by way of his eye sockets using only his thumbs! Alejandro apparently really is immune to zombie venom. 

I just lost a long post. 

Two hours tonight. Chris is dead, Travis went apeshit crazy and beat two people to death.

Luciana is stupid too. Going down with the ship instead of surviving with Nick.

Oh, Alejandro is not immune, he's been running a con like Nick suspected.

And Madison and Alicia want to go in exile with Travis now that he is banned for comitting murder. Brilliant.

At least Nick got laid.

I still dislike Madison. She's a hypocrite, as is Travis. Don't like him either. Haven't since the beginning.

Lots of gore tonight, not just zombie gore either.

This show has come a long way.

See now I regret stopping watching it @SilverBeach. I might have to wait until they show the whole thing on box sets and binge it. 

I hope that Nick at least washed his hair before he jumped into bed (or wherever he decided to do the deed, no judgement here)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been binging this as I have heard that FTWD will combine with TWD this season.  I finished watching Season 2. You were right @SilverBeach it did get better. They actually stopped making so many stupid decisions and wasn't too bad. 

I am halfway through  episode 7 in Season 3. I was really liking it until Maddie once again started doing stupid things.  Raiding the other camp to "rescue" her daughter was just dumb. I will see how it ends in the morning, bed time for me now. I stayed up too late last night and the kids (goat kids, not people kids) wake up early for their feed.

Archived