IGNORED

Fear the Walking Dead

DaffyDill

So I thought I'd give FTWD it's own thread seeing there are 15 episodes this season.

I liked the first episode of Season 2, but not as much as the original Walking Dead episodes. It's a shame the first season was only 6 eps in a way, because the whole thing seems so rushed, and we don't really know any of the characters. The character I liked the most was Liza (Chris's mum) and she's already gone, and the others for the most part are pretty annoying. Except Strand. He's interesting. Oh, and Nick - he's alright too. 

I really was expecting Strand, who seems on the ball, to set down some ground rules on the boat once they were clear of land, but everyone just wandered in and out of rooms, and there weren't any plans made, or rules about saving food, who if anyone they should contact etc. And Alicia! Stupid girl! Although, she fell for a friendly guys voice and got suckered in and I guess that's understandable - sort of, but not really.

They all should realise though they can't rescue boats full of people without putting themselves at risk. Even though they're all kind of in shock, they know enough to realise they are lucky, and people will try to take it from them. 

A frustrating show which will hopefully improve once we get to know the characters?? 

I have yet to watch the new episode, so I only skimmed your post. I am excited though. My husband fell asleep and I had promised to wait for him. I will resist waking him up, but not sure I can resist watching now that I saw this thread. 

Well that is depressing. I just realized it isn't on Hulu+ yet. We don't have cable, so I am outta luck. Huge bummer.

I agree that the characters are annoying. I also think the acting isn't great. But maybe it's just the writing. I don't know. But something just feels...off. I'll probably keep watching. But I just hope it picks up. The main reason I like The Walking Dead is because of the characters. Even the ones I don't like are at least interesting. With FTWD, the characters just suck for the most part. It's like a cast full of Lori.

I love the episode purely for the fact Nick finally got his hair washed, although it was only sea water. 

I started a thread for the new season of TWD, and it got merged with the old stuff, so I didn't dare start a new thread for FTWD. I hope this thread stands.

Sea walkers are cleaner fer sure, I like that.

The couch on TTD was good. I like Kim Dickens more as herself than as that character she plays.

Lou Diamond Phillips made a good point that the government is napalming cities to cover it's tracks.

Also,one of the sea walkers was noted to have been a passenger on the plane featured in the vignettes. Liked that tie in.

Nick is responsible for that little girl getting infected. Like he said though, kids never experience normal, like school and sports. They are the saddest victims. I wish teenage island dick had let the little boy go. At least the boy would have had a mother figure. 

I really want to know who Strand was talking to. His story arc will be very interesting.

Not too bad an episode.

Oh, and Nick changed his shirt! Kept the old man jacket though.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/04/18/fear-the-walking-dead-we-all-fall-down-review

I think the show is getting better. Or is it that we are beginning to know the characters? I don't know. 

The characters do annoy me with the way they wander all over the place. No one sticks together, they stop at that bit of the coast with no plan in mind, nothing.

And yes, Nick found the drugs that killed the little girl, and possibly left them out, not realising she'd find them. 

The characters do things I don't understand...like Chris helping the adult son kill the walkers at the fence. And Travis is yelling "Chris!!" "No!!"  Why??? It's a good thing Chris learns to kill walkers. And maybe it was a little cathartic for him, after the death of his mother? But even as he's got the pick raised to kill the last one, Travis is still yelling for him to stop. If Travis thinks he can somehow protect his kid from the walkers, he's delusional - everyone needs to be able to defend themselves.

This isn't as good as TWD, but then, that's had 6 seasons for the characters to be built up, for them to learn to take care of themselves, the people on FTWD haven't. I'm still watching to see how it goes.

I thought this latest episode was OK. I think it's getting better.

I did have a bit of a "Yeah!" *fistpump* moment when Nick appeared all covered in blood to save Alicia. (interesting factoid: the actor who plays Nick is the son of Stannis Baratheon from GoT)

Madison annoys the living hell out of me, as does Alicia, somewhat - but she's young, so gets a pass....for a while. 

Strand is interesting, and ruthless, as we saw at the end of the episode. They could easily have taken on those two people, although I understand when he says "people" are the enemy, because they will want what you have.

OK, tonight's episode just started and I am already annoyed. They are all too stupid to live except Strand and the drug addict.

Spoiler

Nick kinda enjoys walking around covered in walker guts. He fits right in. 

Oh, I stumbled upon an old TWD episode with the Governor. He killed a walker who fell into a river and reanimated. So, there was a precedent for wet walkers, that was interesting to see.

Spoiler

Now we know where Abigail came from. Strand's back story is interesting.

OK no more spoilers. You  gotta see it for yourself. It was good tonight. Imma watch the Talking Dead, will return to comment, hopefully some of you will have watched by then.

Strand is on the couch!

I kinda liked that episode. I didn't spend the whole time say "oh for fuck sake!!!" so it is a step in the right direction. Even Moteldad said it wasn't too bad. He has nearly given up on TWD and FTWD but this may make him come around.

Yeah, I liked this episode, aside from saying out loud "See Alicia you stupid girl? This is your fault!". Anyhow, I think she has sensed that guy may be a weaker link, so she's playing him now, which is good to see.

I canot stand Queen Madison of The Single Facial Expression. I still want to shove her over the side.

Loved Strand's back story, very interesting. Explains a lot about his behaviour.

Chris and his "Should I shoot them?" When in doubt, perhaps, but puncture their raft so they have a chance to get to shore if you want to play it safe. 

Then again, after this episode, when in doubt, fire I guess...

Spoiler

I don't get why Connor etc left that boat to take Alicia and Travis, and left the young guys etc there. Were they (the young guys and girls that took it over) supposed to kill the remaining people, and then toss them overboard, and take The Abigail back to wherever it is he came from?

ETA:

Yes I think so DaffyDill.

Spoiler

Seems a bit silly though, leaves so much room for something to go wrong (from their point of view, obviously we want something to go wrong). You would think that if this was something they do regularly they would have this down pat. Dupe some stupid people on a boat, board said boat, kill everybody, take boat back to home base. Done. No room for errors that way.

On 5/3/2016 at 0:56 AM, DaffyDill said:

Yeah, I liked this episode, aside from saying out loud "See Alicia you stupid girl? This is your fault!". Anyhow, I think she has sensed that guy may be a weaker link, so she's playing him now, which is good to see.

I canot stand Queen Madison of The Single Facial Expression. I still want to shove her over the side.

Loved Strand's back story, very interesting. Explains a lot about his behaviour.

Chris and his "Should I shoot them?" When in doubt, perhaps, but puncture their raft so they have a chance to get to shore if you want to play it safe. 

Then again, after this episode, when in doubt, fire I guess...

Reveal hidden contents

I don't get why Connor etc left that boat to take Alicia and Travis, and left the young guys etc there. Were they (the young guys and girls that took it over) supposed to kill the remaining people, and then toss them overboard, and take The Abigail back to wherever it is he came from?

ETA:

You are so right about Madison and her uni-face. She irks me to no end.

Okay so I'm not super into this show so I only half pay attention when it's on.

I am finally getting around to last week's episode. It starts with Nick at some camp...and some helicopters flying over.  What the heck is going on? Why isn't Nick on the boat with everyone else? I am confused.

Now they are showing people on the boat. Does no one care that Nick isn't with them?

Can someone fill me in?

Yeah, I was reading a recap of last week and the week before (haven't watched this week yet.) I still don't understand why Nick got separated from the group and why it seemed to take them forever to even notice he wasn't on the boat.

He was on a mission @ClaraOswin. Once you see this weeks you will understand more. 

You know how I said I was glad to see him wash his hair, even in the sea water, well I think it looked better when it was all Tim Minchin rather than sully sleaze-bag slicked back.

They made some solid decisions this week and some not so smart ones, communication is always the key, time to stop treating the youngsters like kids and start including them in the decision making.

My husband has given up on the show. I may be headed that way too. I just can't seem to care much about these characters.

Don't give up! It has gotten better. I still don't care for that mother and her one-note performance, but there are other good characters.

As is turns out, Strand was in a relationship with a man whose last name was Abigail. They met when Strand stole his credit cards in a hotel they were both at. Abigail is a filthy rich developer of some sort.

Strand sent Nick to shore to rendezvous with another one of Abigail's cohorts, who has what is needed to get them into Mexico. 

A pirate group tricked the folks on the Abigail into letting them come on board because a pregnant woman was with them. That pregnant woman turned out to be a real bitch.

Strand's group eventually regains control, but the father and Alicia were taken off the Abigail and onto the pirate's boat in San Diego. Lo and behold, on the pirate's boat is the lady Strand cut loose in the prior episode, the lady from the plane who seemed to know what was up when thinks went wonky. She was very pissed and when the pirate's found her, turns out she was the one who gave up the Abigail, not Alicia. I knew we had not seen the last of the plane lady even though Strand set her adrift. She's the one to watch, she has a Carol/Michonne/Maggie kind of spirit.

I am persevering, was very pleased to see that we will still have Strand. I would have liked his partner to have stuck around for a while, would have been interested in that dynamic. 

Feel a bit like we have seen the storyline of the confined "walkers" in the compound though with the "walkers in the barn" fiasco at Herschels' farm.

Chris is becoming a bit of a problem that will need to be addressed very soon I should imagine.  Good on Alicia for telling Maddie about him. 

Overall I think I will stick with it 'til the end of the season. I see the dreaded mid season finale is coming up. 

Archived