IGNORED

Kim C. of LiaS pregnant again

Hisey

Welcome, Deanna! I'm also sorry to hear that your parents have chosen to treat you so harshly. On the other hand, it's been good to see you living your own life and making your own decisions.

Best wishes with everything even if you don't return to FJ!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the kind words. I've been lurking on here since probably 2008ish and I always wondered how y'all would respond if I chimed in. I look forward to adding my 2 cents every now and then. :)

2 hours ago, Denonner said:

Well, you're wrong about one thing. They totally disowned me lol. And I'm excommunicated (for living with said bf).

My family hasn't changed any of their core beliefs at all. They are just no longer being peer pressured by all those legalistic hypocrites into pretending that they have a problem with pop entertainment, normal clothes, or pretty hairstyles. 

Hi guys! Just by the way haha

Deanna

:( I'm so sorry your parents have chosen to treat you that way. Unfortunetly families are often messy buisness and innocents get hurt. I hope you don't have any regrets and know that there isn't anything wrong with you. If your parents can't look beyond a different set of choices that is their fault. They are the ones loosing out on being in your life. Take care of yourself! 

Welcome, Deanna! I'm so sorry your family has disowned you. I hope you're able to eventually find peace and make your own family through whatever means you can. Family isn't just the people we're related to, after all. 

Glad to have you here. <3

Hi Deanna, welcome to FJ. Sorry to hear your parents are treating you so badly, and I hope you are happy living the life you have now.

Hi Deanna, I'm glad you've been able to live your life as you choose it but I'm so sorry your parents can't accept your choices.  Welcome to FJ.  I'd love to hear your take on the things we discuss here!

Hi Deanna! Glad you stopped by. The situation I got out of was by no means as extreme as yours, but I can relate to your story in a lot of ways. My oldest sister was the first to "get out" and my parents were pretty harsh with her, but she led the way for me and my younger sister, plus my mom, to eventually break away from the extreme control of my dad. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of your siblings eventually join you on "the other side." 

Welcome Deanna! I'm glad you posted. Your mom's blog was one of the ones that first got me interested in reading about fundamentalist christianity back many years ago. (Mainly in a WTF sort of way--I'd never heard of quiverful or homeschooling for religious reasons before that.) I'm so glad that you are going your own way in life and not just doing what your parents want--but very sorry to hear that you're estranged from your family, because that must be so hard. I hope you're doing ok and that you have support. 

Wow, lurking since 2008! I mostly lurk, but this thread caught my eye. I just had to go check the FB of a mutual (unfollowed) friend for the pictures of Deanna's wedding. They are still there. I heard all about the wedding back in the day. But, there's nothing like finding a picture of DPiaT from the year of ToolO'ween that was shared recently to remind me why I unfollowed the person :pb_rollseyes:

Welcome, Deanna!  I wish you all the best in putting together the life of your choice.  One of my family members and her husband are BSC and in a sort of small home-made cult (not reformed, but definitely fundie) and I wish at least one or two of her adult children would break free, go get a real education, and have a life.  Doesn't look promising for them, though.

Editing to add, if you feel free to disclose it, how did you manage to lurk on this site while you were living at home?  I'm impressed.

Welcome, Deanna! I'm so glad you posted, and look forward to reading your comments. I'm so sorry your parents disowned you. My own father disowned me (not sure why), so perhaps I can relate a little. Please know that you deserve better, much better. I hope you are able to have contact with your siblings. 

I've looked at your facebook occasionally and I love your style and your new haircut! You seem like such a strong person. Good luck to you in whatever your next step is in life.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Hisey said:

You're thinking what?

Nothing more than that these situations are obviously very complicated. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, I agree. Deanna did just say that her family had written her off.

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Yes, I agree. Deanna did just say that her family had written her off.

Are we assuming the Deanna that posted here is legit and that we didn't get trolled?

27 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Are we assuming the Deanna that posted here is legit and that we didn't get trolled?

Good point; we really don't know. 

On 5/9/2016 at 10:44 PM, Denonner said:

Well, you're wrong about one thing. They totally disowned me lol. And I'm excommunicated (for living with said bf).

My family hasn't changed any of their core beliefs at all. They are just no longer being peer pressured by all those legalistic hypocrites into pretending that they have a problem with pop entertainment, normal clothes, or pretty hairstyles. 

Hi guys! Just by the way haha

Deanna

How are you doing on your own?  Are you working?  Do you have a place to stay?  Is there anything you need? 

On 6/21/2016 at 9:10 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Good point; we really don't know. 

I think it's her.  She puts the "nonn" in all her usernames.  Not that I stalk or anything.  lol  It's just that I have read her stuff and noticed that. 

On 6/21/2016 at 3:59 PM, DomWackTroll said:

I always think of the Jeub women - leaving fundamentalism or even just breaking away from a particular family dynamic is never neat and clean.

Archived