IGNORED

Family Research Council condemns Paypal while asking for donations via... Paypal

PayPal should boycott FRC donations. After they have been made - return the money, yes. But not the processing fees (on both ends) and add a "logic and reasoning" surcharge. Average refund? Maybe $1.00. :martian-disgust:

7 hours ago, sparkles said:

The snark just writes itself, doesn't it?

It really does. I mean, what can you say about it that the situation doesn't say for itself?

7 hours ago, sparkles said:

The snark just writes itself, doesn't it?

This!

Now we have to wait for the FRC response to making themselves look stupid. :)

To be fair, these are the same people that hired Josh Duggar with his impressive GED and SOTDRT education as a spokesperson.  :562479b38219e_WinkingmygrinD:

Well I for one certainly hope that FRC supporters listen to them and boycott PayPal. That should cut their donations nicely.

what is the extremism they are saving their daughters from in this article.  I've never heard it phrased quite that way I don't think. 

Hypocrisy.  The staple diet of religious extremism since, well, ever. May they choke on it sooner than later. :roll:

8 hours ago, Rowan said:

PayPal should boycott FRC donations. After they have been made - return the money, yes. But not the processing fees (on both ends) and add a "logic and reasoning" surcharge. Average refund? Maybe $1.00. :martian-disgust:

PayPal should just make it a policy that they donate some cents of the money that people donate to such lunatic fundie groups to charities like Planned Parenthood, gay rights organisations and so on.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

Well I for one certainly hope that FRC supporters listen to them and boycott PayPal. That should cut their donations nicely.

what is the extremism they are saving their daughters from in this article.  I've never heard it phrased quite that way I don't think. 

Trans-bathroom scare. Despite the fact that it has never occurred, they are convinced that trans-rights will allow men in skirts to lurk in women's bathrooms and rape young girls. Because in fundy land, claiming to be trans is a defense against rape charges or something, and if guys aren't wearing skirts, there's a magical barrier that prevents them from entering the women's bathroom. 

28 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Trans-bathroom scare. Despite the fact that it has never occurred, they are convinced that trans-rights will allow men in skirts to lurk in women's bathrooms and rape young girls. Because in fundy land, claiming to be trans is a defense against rape charges or something, and if guys aren't wearing skirts, there's a magical barrier that prevents them from entering the women's bathroom. 

Oh that makes sense as much as anything they say makes sense

what if the trans-man is wearing pants instead of a skirt?  Are they still a threat then?

36 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Because so many rapists who by definition have serious problems with women and violent dominance issues are comfortable cross-dressing?  

Who is coming up with this stuff and are they familiar with people as a whole...at all?

15 minutes ago, Curious said:

Oh that makes sense as much as anything they say makes sense

what if the trans-man is wearing pants instead of a skirt?  Are they still a threat then?

If a man in pants attacks, it's obviously all the woman's fault. She must have severely flashed an ankle... 

Because so many rapists who by definition have serious problems with women and violent dominance issues are comfortable cross-dressing?  

Who is coming up with this stuff and are they familiar with people as a whole...at all?

In which buffy speaks for me. Everything she said.

I shared a bathroom with a m > f trans woman at a job. She was far more interested in talking about how to find jeans that fit or makeup colours or joking how we were hiding in the bathroom to take a break than raping me. Maybe cos she was just another woman making casual small talk in the bathroom, nor some weird fundie boogeyman?

Seriously this trans women are going to rape our daughters narrative bugs the fuck out of me.

My husband had a m > f trans person that was doing her year as the preferred gender before the sex reassignment surgery at his work.  There was apparently some concerns how that was going to work since man leaves work Friday, woman comes to work Monday.  They ended up sending a letter to the whole dept (with the trans persons blessing) explaining briefly what was happening and how things would progress.  They ended up having some kind of sign she put on the bathroom when she was in there so people could decide whether to enter or not based on their comfort level.  I guess that was probably the best compromise they could come up with, but it bothered me a bit.

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

My husband had a m > f trans person that was doing her year as the preferred gender before the sex reassignment surgery at his work.  There was apparently some concerns how that was going to work since man leaves work Friday, woman comes to work Monday.  They ended up sending a letter to the whole dept (with the trans persons blessing) explaining briefly what was happening and how things would progress.  They ended up having some kind of sign she put on the bathroom when she was in there so people could decide whether to enter or not based on their comfort level.  I guess that was probably the best compromise they could come up with, but it bothered me a bit.

This makes me a bit uncomfortable too, just because I think a trans person shouldn't be required to explain themselves or broadcast such a personal journey, just to make others feel comfortable. In the ideal world, other people shouldn't be making a fuss. But, then again, I'm a cis heterosexual woman, and I'll never have to experience this. And you said she was okay with it.

If they need to worry about anyone's actions in a bathroom, FRC needs to look at the sexual predator they hired as their public face.

Sickeningly hypocritical but also par for the course. They support people like Duggars who blame their issues on anything and anyone but their own religious views and practices. 

I guess now that equal marriage is legal across the country, they needed to find another unworthy cause to hold their rallies about.

43 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

If they need to worry about anyone's actions in a bathroom, FRC needs to look at the sexual predator they hired as their public face.

The same person whose mother made fearmongering robo-calls about trans people in bathrooms, then minimized the actual sex abuse that happened in her own home? 

I remember something in the Bible about motes and beams... :pb_rollseyes:

I work with a trans-woman right now and I've used the bathroom at the same time. It's only an issue if you make it an issue. I like my mom's view on it. "I might feel differently about sharing a bathroom with a trans-woman if there weren't doors on the stalls. Or with a cis-woman. Or, really, anyone."

2 minutes ago, Terrie said:

I work with a trans-woman right now and I've used the bathroom at the same time. It's only an issue if you make it an issue. I like my mom's view on it. "I might feel differently about sharing a bathroom with a trans-woman if there weren't doors on the stalls. Or with a cis-woman. Or, really, anyone."

if only everyone were like you!  and your mom!!

Archived