IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

My dad, sister, and I saw JFK, Jr. in NYC once. It was sometime around 96-97 (I know he was working on George at the time.) We were walking down a side street and saw him come out of a building, get on his bike and ride off. He was stunningly handsome. 

The only other celebrity encounters I've had were actually more near-misses and kind of embarrassing. The first was the weekend of Super Bowl 1996. I was flying to visit my cousin and had a layover in Dallas. My first flight was delayed and I had a tiny window to wind my way through a mob of gigantic guys and their handlers to get to my next gate. I didn't realize til I heard people on my flight talking that those behemoths were the Pittsburgh Steelers (although all the black and yellow should've tipped me off). 

Finally, one night when I was studying in London, my roommate and I went out for dinner and a few drinks. As we headed back to our residence hall a little worse for wear, my very excitable Italian roommate spied (I swear!) Johnny Depp about a block ahead of us. She started yelling, "Johnny, yoo hoo, Johhnnnyy!!" The poor man looked up at us and took off running like a frightened gazelle. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a long list of celebs I have run into, met, etc.  I should really compile the names onto one list. 

One of my favorite encounters was sitting behind Richard Simmons on a flight.  He had a fluffy pillow with an embroidered pillow case.  The pillow case came into my "space" and I may have planted my right foot on it. 

Giada deLaurentis and I shared an elevator for about 15 floors.  She is quite possibly the tiniest adult I have ever seen.

Maria Shriver shared office space within my company.  Saw her several times.  She is also quite tiny, but, alas, her hair is not.  That girl has a LOT of hair.

I went to the premiere of The Producers movie and Nathan Lane and I rubbed elbows at the buffet.  He is actually taller than I am.  LOL

I went to a funeral where the Fonz was also in attendance.

I waited in a valet line with the woman from Big Fat Greek Wedding.  I do not recall her name, but she was nice.

Mr MM and I sat with Jane Lynch at an event.  She is also nice.  I wondered why she was in the nosebleed section with us.

Mr MM was the ONLY technician Don Henley allowed in his home for his AC systems.  Apparently, Don is an arse.

.........And yet NO ONE has a pic of Josh Duggar, post-rehab?!?!?!

I saw Michael Douglas at Sloan Kettering last year.  Aside from that, maybe Smugger is hiding and dieting and working out.  He'll re-present himself to society as a new reformed Smugger, complete with his very own bible-based, ATI approved diet and exercise program.  People will be able to order the program materials online and he and Anna can tour the country doing appearance and leading classes. A Christian Weight Watchers/Crossfit.

10 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I saw Michael Douglas at Sloan Kettering last year.  Aside from that, maybe Smugger is hiding and dieting and working out.  He'll re-present himself to society as a new reformed Smugger, complete with his very own bible-based, ATI approved diet and exercise program.  People will be able to order the program materials online and he and Anna can tour the country doing appearance and leading classes. A Christian Weight Watchers/Crossfit.

That is terrifying.  Because it's ridiculously possible.  Anna could have a fitness ministry for mommies of many, all about how to keep in shape for your headship so he doesn't stray.  Of course they'd never say that though.  

If Pro Surfers count as celebrities, I've met tons. Even had dinner with Kelly Slater. ugh is he dreamy :56247955dd693_32(12):

I've met Bruce Springsteen once and saw Bon Jovi here and there but never spoke to him... my cousins went to school with his kids so it would be school functions for his kiddos where I felt he shouldn't be bothered.

Saw Sarah Jessica Parker running through NYC. It felt like real-life Sex & the City. 

That's about it. I've never been one to seek out celebrities, probably because I'm such an introvert if I were in their shoes I'd be in permanently hiding in my house, so I leave them alone. 

9 hours ago, Purposing said:
That is terrifying.  Because it's ridiculously possible.  Anna could have a fitness ministry for mommies of many, all about how to keep in shape for your headship so he doesn't stray.  Of course they'd never say that though.  

She can team up with Jessa to design a line of fundie-friendly workout attire! Then they'll make Jana sew all their designs.

I also had  an interview to be the personal assistant of Ronnie from The Real Housewives of Vancouver :D

trust me that was entertaining 

11 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

My dad, sister, and I saw JFK, Jr. in NYC once. It was sometime around 96-97 (I know he was working on George at the time.) We were walking down a side street and saw him come out of a building, get on his bike and ride off. He was stunningly handsome. 

You should read his assistant's story she wrote about him - it was fascinating 

On 4/9/2016 at 9:03 PM, MarblesMom said:

Our local Hutterite colony receives LOTS of Federal subsidies for crops.  (Over $500k last time I checked - and that was just for corn, I didn't look at the other options...)    And pay little to no taxes (up to the individual) - and they decline to participate in jury duty.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I live in Saskatchewan. There are colonies everywhere, and they pay little to no taxes, because they are communal religious institutions and no one actually earns a wage. They are also exempt from military service and their kids are exempt from laws that require them to stay in school until they are 16.

School on most colonies is not much better then the SOTDRT, The kids are able to read and write and do basic math, but not much else, unless they have a really liberal bishop.

They hide all the technology in the basement (my old Colony Mennonite friend's parents used to do this) so that no one sees it, but everyone knows they are there (laptops, tablets, TV) and the kids don't get to use them, but if the bishop asks, they belong to the kids, who aren't baptized yet, so therefore are not yet Church members.

Seriously, if you want another group to snark on, the Mennonites, Hutterites and Amish are full of snarkable ammo. 

OOh I love famous people sightings!

We see Usher or someone from his family every couple of years. I met his mother in a Kroger - she was buying a ton of stuff for an Easter party. My MIL met Usher at an antique market. His wife was there too and was NOT happy about being recognized. 

Met Jimmy Carter on a plane. He walked down the aisle and shook everyone's hands.

Have met several food network hosts - alton brown, guy fieri, mario batali, Michael Simon

Adam savage we see almost every year - sometimes its in a big crowd but I've talked with him 1-1 before. Really cool guy. 

We see plenty of other famous people, or have friends that do since our city has recently been the new hollywood of the south. 

1 hour ago, Alicja said:

Oh! I almost forgot! My mom and I almost ran over Jack Kevorkian emoji23.png

Sadly, my mother's best friend went up to Michigan to commit suicide with Kevorkians help. She died on a Saturday and on Monday my mom received a letter from her explaining why she did it, though we all knew why....she had an awful chronic disease and was running out of money to pay for the care she needed. I believe she was one of the last two people to die with Kevorkian's help.

4 hours ago, nst said:

I also had  an interview to be the personal assistant of Ronnie from The Real Housewives of Vancouver :D

trust me that was entertaining 

You should read his assistant's story she wrote about him - it was fascinating 

I'll have to find that. I love reading about historical figures. 

Brandon Routh the actor who played Superman came into the restaurant I worked at in college. Also, the University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz came into the restaurant a few times, too. He's a big deal in the state of Iowa. One day, I ran into Kirk's chest. That... was... awesome.

32 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

I'll have to find that. I love reading about historical figures. 

I am older than JFK junior would be if he were alive today. I cannot think of him as a "historical" figure, even if he is dead. 

I was at a professional conference the day he died, and we all sat at lunch talking about our memories of his salute at his father's funeral (It was Jackie's idea; the kid didn't understand what was happening) and how gorgeous and charming he was as a young man. I remember feeling for Caroline Kennedy  in particular.  Her brother was all she had left of her childhood. 

It is really odd to know that what one has lived/knew as "current events" passes into history so quickly.  But I am not yet a historical figure. ;)

On 4/7/2016 at 8:29 AM, Bad Wolf said:

I think People and others would interview anyone if they thought it would sell magazines. Joshy's long journey from the dark to redemption.

That sounds like the perfect season finale for this dull show... (wouldn't put it past TLC at all)

4 hours ago, for_the_Kitties said:

I have not met him personally, but have seen Guy Fieri 3 times driving around town.  Twice in his yellow Camaro, 3rd time in some other yellow sports car.  He really loves the color yellow for his cars.

Years ago, when he was at the height of his football fame, I saw Joe Montana in passing as he visited my place of employment.  Of course, he was surrounded by suitably awed higher ups, so I just saw him from my work alcove.

A friend of mine swore she and her husband saw and spoke with David Bowie on their honeymoon.  No pics though!  Still, she wasn't the sort to make things up, so I think she probably did :)

I think Josh is probably staying out of sight and trying to get some color back after being confined indoors for 5 or 6 months.  He's probably extremely pale.

14 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am older than JFK junior would be if he were alive today. I cannot think of him as a "historical" figure, even if he is dead. 

I was at a professional conference the day he died, and we all sat at lunch talking about our memories of his salute at his father's funeral (It was Jackie's idea; the kid didn't understand what was happening) and how gorgeous and charming he was as a young man. I remember feeling for Caroline Kennedy  in particular.  Her brother was all she had left of her childhood. 

It is really odd to know that what one has lived/knew as "current events" passes into history so quickly.  But I am not yet a historical figure.

I kicked myself for describing him that way after I posted, but couldn't think of a better way to put it. I didn't mean historical in terms of age, so much as he was the son of a president, the nephew of an attorney general and a senator, and the grandson of an ambassador. He witnessed first hand or second hand a lot of history being made.

I'll purpose to do better next time :kitty-wink:

I ran into Miley Cyrus back near the end of her Hannah Montana days.  I went to college near Pasadena, which is near Disney Studios in Burbank.  It's not terribly uncommon for Disney stars to go into DT Pasadena, as it is more of an upscale area.  Anyways, I was in the (multi-story, very nice) Forever 21 looking for a top, and Miley comes in.  She was with some friends, and obviously had just come from filming (hair was still in).  They ended up with so much stuff, the counter was piled almost as tall as she was.

The girl was TINY.  It was the only time I felt like I could easily break another human being.  She's petite, sure, but I've never seen anyone so rail thin (and my own sister is a size 00 at 5'8).  She wasn't rude or anything though.  Perfectly polite to the (understandably overwhelmed) cashiers.  Was nice to the other shoppers.  Not entitled or above anyone.  

Back in the day when I was a caseworker in NYC, Ron Silver, Oscar nominated for Enemies, a Love Story and president of AFTCA worked at a desk directly behind me. He worked in what we called the junkie unit. He was so very funny. When we had bomb scares, we would go ann hang out in a friend's van and share dobies. RIP, Ron..

On 4/10/2016 at 5:31 PM, Ungodly Grandma said:

Biden seems hot. What did you think?

Biden is a decent looking man.  

I've seen Dr. Jill Biden deliver a commencement speech. Very smart and beautiful woman.

I am so jealous!  Of you and your dad.  Wow.  Paula LMAO.  She adopted a few kids and then had to go to jail for a while because she was drunk off her ass driving them around Los Angeles.  In other words, I'm sure your dad had a great time lol.  

I am obsessed with Diane Keaton.  There's that gay stereotype of gay guys idolizing Cher,  Madonna or Streisand, knowing every album, concert tour dates, and dance moves and every hair style she's ever had.  That's me but with Diane.  It's really weird.  When I can't fall asleep I watch Diane Keaton movies in my head.  XD I know them by heart. Possibly my earliest memories are watching the movie Baby Boom.  I've seen and own ever movie she's ever made aside from 5.  I always liked her but when I was a teenager I read a biography of her and there are so many similarities between us that it caused me to enter gay diva worship mode.  

My avatar is Diane Keaton playing Sister Mary in "Sister Mary Explains It All".  It is currently on YouTube.  She plays an elderly nun on the eve of her retirement and all the kids she taught are now grown up and they attend her retirement ceremony or whatever it is.  It's basically Diane Keaton as a nun getting on stage and going over Christianity/Catholocism.  As she tries on last time to get everybody to believe, she's so jaded that she just makes everone an unbeliever.  She's way too literal in her understanding of the bible.

"Stealing and murder are sins.  You must pray for forgiveness.  Mortal sins like masturbation are not and praying for forgiveness won't save you from the depths of hell"

She also made a documentary movie called "Heaven".  She's an atheist and interviewed dozens of people on their thoughts about the afterlife.  Half of the people were strangers she approached on the street for interviews and the other half of the people are her closest family members but who is family and who are strangers is never revealed.  Great movie.

I think a lot of y'all would really appreciate both movies.  

I didn't know Diane Keaton is an atheist. Interestingly enough I wanted to incorporate the movie Annie Hall when naming my son. Now before I knew I was having a boy I decided on the name Keaton. So my son's name is inspired by a female atheist actress. Absolutely hilarious considering my husband is religious and I identify most closely as an atheist agnostic. Should be interesting to see where on the religious spectrum our son lands.

20 hours ago, Purposing said:

I am so jealous!  Of you and your dad.  Wow.  Paula LMAO.  She adopted a few kids and then had to go to jail for a while because she was drunk off her ass driving them around Los Angeles.  In other words, I'm sure your dad had a great time lol.  

I am obsessed with Diane Keaton.  There's that gay stereotype of gay guys idolizing Cher,  Madonna or Streisand, knowing every album, concert tour dates, and dance moves and every hair style she's ever had.  That's me but with Diane.  It's really weird.  When I can't fall asleep I watch Diane Keaton movies in my head.  XD I know them by heart. Possibly my earliest memories are watching the movie Baby Boom.  I've seen and own ever movie she's ever made aside from 5.  I always liked her but when I was a teenager I read a biography of her and there are so many similarities between us that it caused me to enter gay diva worship mode.  

My avatar is Diane Keaton playing Sister Mary in "Sister Mary Explains It All".  It is currently on YouTube.  She plays an elderly nun on the eve of her retirement and all the kids she taught are now grown up and they attend her retirement ceremony or whatever it is.  It's basically Diane Keaton as a nun getting on stage and going over Christianity/Catholocism.  As she tries on last time to get everybody to believe, she's so jaded that she just makes everone an unbeliever.  She's way too literal in her understanding of the bible.

"Stealing and murder are sins.  You must pray for forgiveness.  Mortal sins like masturbation are not and praying for forgiveness won't save you from the depths of hell"

She also made a documentary movie called "Heaven".  She's an atheist and interviewed dozens of people on their thoughts about the afterlife.  Half of the people were strangers she approached on the street for interviews and the other half of the people are her closest family members but who is family and who are strangers is never revealed.  Great movie.

I think a lot of y'all would really appreciate both movies.  

I saw Heaven. It was really interesting as I recall. :)

My mom, sis and I were on a plane to LA with Hugh Hefner when I was about 7 years old. He was in 1st class. We were not. ;)

About a year after the OJ verdict my sister was browsing in a little antique shop in a small town in CA when someone spotted Judge Ito walking down the sidewalk. When he saw a bunch of ladies looking out the shop window at him he turned tail and ran. I can't say I blame him. :)

My sis saw James Spader on a plane right after Sex, Lies and Videotape came out.  They made eye contact and my sister's jaw dropped. He gave her a sheepish look like, "yeah, I'm that guy". :)

I have a friend who is now a famous musician and another one who is a famous artist. It's so weird when we're out together and strangers come up and tell them how awesome they are, often ignoring everyone else in our group. It's OK though, they both really are awesome. :D

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived