IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

32 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Here's one of my claims to fame... and notice that Curious George has his/her/their hand on my butt...:pb_lol:

pix5_(5).jpg

I am deFrauded. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I live in Canada, most of my celebrity sightings have been Canadian:

• saw Mordecai Richler and Donald Sutherland at local malls in my town in Quebec when I was a teenager;
  • saw Colin Mochrie and Rick Mercer walking down the street downtown a couple of years ago;
  • saw Mary Walsh of This Hour has 22 Minutes at The Bay;
  • I've seen a number of NHL players in the Market when in town to play;
  • stood in the popcorn line at a movie theatre behind former PM Harper (and his bodyguards).  Didn't vote for him but was impressed he's get his own popcorn.  Everyone in line behind me said the same thing...;
  • and years ago, when I was working for the government, we heard that the Dalai Lama was in the complex to see the minister.  We tore out to look for him (as if we'd ever see him...).  Well, we did see him and his security guards in the lobby of our building.  He answered a few questions from the people assembled, then left.  Very cool.  He really does radiate.

due to my line of work, i have met everybody and their brother from beaver cleaver to henry kissinger. i have always spoken with them normally and respected their privacy. BUT, you bet your sweet bippy if i saw josh today, i'd take a pic and sell it to the tabloids in a second. 

Most of the time I have spotted celebrities it has been in passing.  I wouldn't say anything to them because I wouldn't know what to say.  I don't normally approach strangers, so I wouldn't do so to a celeb.  I'm not terribly good at recognizing celebs in their natural environment though.  I remember one time I was stopped at a traffic light in NYC and Dustin Hoffman was crossing the street in front of the car.  My boyfriend who was driving had to point him out to me repeatedly. 

I used to ride at the same stable with Harvey Keitel's and Lorraine Bracco's daughter Stella.  I remember the first time I saw Keitel he was dressed down so much he looked like someone hired to muck stalls.  It's weird because even though I truly had no clue who he was, I found myself looking at him.  Then my mother said to me a few minutes later when we were outside, "Did you see Harvey Keitel?"  When she said that, I knew he was the guy in the wife beater.  I saw Bracco once when she was coming to pick her daughter up.  Stella was a sweet kid and I was fond of her.  I never discussed her parents or her stepfather with her.  I made sure to treat her like any kid in the barn because I'm sure she didn't need people asking her about family gossip or what Harvey Keitel is like in real life.

My oddest celebrity sighting was when I was 6.  I was on a class field trip to NYC and I spotted Woody Allen hailing a cab on a corner.  My mother was chaperoning and she confirmed that it was Allen.  People are always shocked that a 6 year old could recognize Woody Allen of all people.  I guess it was around the time Annie Hall came out and his face was in the media a lot.  If you know what he looks like, he's hard to miss.

I'm not going to count the celebrities I've seen stumping for political candidates, but I do have one random celebrity sighting. I was at a gay bar with friends when Caitlyn Jenner walked in with her film crew. That was really kind of cool.

15 hours ago, nst said:

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson filming the xfiles

:56247951a4b60_32(2):

On 4/8/2016 at 9:48 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

Somewhat OT but where do the Duggars go to church? Their original home church seems to have folded. The Dullards seem to go to Cross Church when they're in the area but what about those at the TTH? Maybe they home church with just the family now to avoid the public?

The last thing I read about their church was that it was held in a warehouse that Boob owns. Attendance was by invite only. This information was in Proverbs Mom's blog before she flounced/

I have seen Kat Von D in person she was doing a book signing at Borders in Center City Philly is 2010,  I have met Vice President Biden a couple of times (he was still Senator Biden at that time), and I have met Alexis Mateo.

26 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

The last thing I read about their church was that it was held in a warehouse that Boob owns. Attendance was by invite only. This information was in Proverbs Mom's blog before she flounced/

Doesn't it seem weird that their show is considered part of their ministry but there are loads of questions about the most basic thing about that ministry: where it's held and who's in attendance? 

I had a pass to go backstage after seeing a Broadway play a few years ago.  Before I went to NY I looked up which plays were going on while I'd be there.  If you'd asked me who I wanted to see on Broadway, I'd first say Diane Keaton then Stockard Channing and Rachel Griffiths.  Turns out Rachel Griffiths and Stockard Channing just so happened to be playing mother and daughter in a play written by the guy who created Brothers and Sisters.  The play was about a wealthy Palm Springs couple who both held very high positions in the Reagan administration and their daughter, Rachel Griffiths goes home in modern day for the holidays to tell her parents she has just written a tell all book about their family's secret past that isn't revealed until the end.  

The parents were played by Stockard Channing (Rizzo, First Lady Abbey Bartlett, Cynthia Swan Griffin) and Stacey Keach (the guy with the amazing voice who narrates American Greed on CNBC) and their adult kids were played by Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under, Brothers and Sisters) and Justin Kirk (Uncle Andy on Weeds) and the only other person in the entire cast was Judith Light playing the alcoholic aunt who left rehab to be with her family for the holidays.  

Rachel Griffiths was the first one I met before the play.  She had clearly just gotten out of the shower and made her way to the theatre.  Her hair was wet, no make-up and she walked in holding a sad little paper plate with a brownie on it covered in saran wrap.  For some reason that brownie on the sad paper plate will stick with me always LMAO.  I asked her if I could get a photo with her and she said to come back after the play so I did.  

I went back after the play and it was AMAZING.  First person I met was Judith Light.  She asked I wanted her to sign my program and I said yes.  THEN I saw Rachel Griffiths.  She scoped me out!  She came right up to me and was like "I was looking for you."  I assume perhaps this was because I didn't take pictures of her earlier before hair and makeup.  We talked for at least 10 minutes.  She told me she wished she had been in the audience because Nicolle Kidman, Keith Urban and Victor Garber were in the audience.  I'm surprised I didn't see them surprisingly the theatre was no bigger than 50x50 feet.  She also told me I was hot.  I'm a gay guy.

Wrapping up, as I walked thru Times Square after I stopped to light a cigarette and look at my autographs I noticed that I only had Rachel Griffiths and Stockard Channing's.  Apparently I must have grabbed my program out of Judith Light's hands when Rachel Griffiths came up to me and don't remember.  Can't see Judith Light on TV without cringing.  She ALWAYS been such an advocate for the gay and AIDS communities.

55 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Although that could be a security measure, it surely isn't Christian. But it's not like the Duggars are very Christian anyways...

A few years ago I was in Chicago for New Year's Eve and Shane from Road Rules and a lot of Challenges that followed was my gay shirtless bartender.  It took me a little bit to figure out who he was.  I thought I knew him for a few minutes, which wouldn't have been crazy because I live a couple hours from Chicago and it seems that about half of the gays who grow up here end up living in Chicago.

11 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

Although that could be a security measure, it surely isn't Christian. But it's not like the Duggars are very Christian anyways...

My first reaction was that it was odd but their fans are pretty nutso I could see it being necessary. 

57 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I have seen Kat Von D in person she was doing a book signing at Borders in Center City Philly is 2010,  I have met Vice President Biden a couple of times (he was still Senator Biden at that time), and I have met Alexis Mateo.

Biden seems hot. What did you think?

For people who are curious about the Duggar church, the blog post from Proverbs Mama is copied at this link:

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

:56247951a4b60_32(2):

YOU SAW THE :pb_surprised: X-FILES BEING FILMED?! My favorite show!!

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My first reaction was that it was odd but their fans are pretty nutso I could see it being necessary. 

I believe their fans are nuts, but the Duggars don't seem to bother with safety, even when it comes to dealing with fans who might have sketchy intentions. Haven't they opened the door for random fans who show up and such? The Duggars might be Z grade celebrities, but you don't need to be in the A list to attract stalkers.

18 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I believe their fans are nuts, but the Duggars don't seem to bother with safety, even when it comes to dealing with fans who might have sketchy intentions. Haven't they opened the door for random fans who show up and such? The Duggars might be Z grade celebrities, but you don't need to be in the A list to attract stalkers.

Lol good point.

8 hours ago, Rescinded and Mended said:

o show up in hospitals to visit sick patients: If you do it, be discreet. Don't bring cops to barricade the elevators. DO NOT bring your entourage to take up space, eat all the food in the kitchen, and trip up the nurses when they are carrying around bags of IV fluids. Keep things quiet and be respectful. These are sick people, and this is not about you. If you absolutely feel the need to do all this, there is a large conference room on 7th floor. Patients can be brought to see you, or you can come up to our floor alone.

I had recently moved to Baltimore, and was working night shift in a suburban hospital ICU when the doorbell rang, quite a while after visiting. The hospital had fairly liberal hours, so I answered the door. It was, I later found out, a Very Famous Baltimore Sports Player  (named neither Unitas Nor Ripken, both of whom were WAY more gracious than this yahoo) and his entourage, demanding to see a patient. I'd just gotten him down, and he was tired and wanted to sleep,, and I asked if they could come back another day. Besides, I said, the ICU is for family, really, and perhaps you could come tomorrow, I believe he'll be moved out tomorrow. The guy got mad. Do You Know Who I AM? was spoken. No, sir, I don't, but I know I'm Mr. X's nurse, and he is very tired. Perhaps you could come tomorrow. I will be sure to tell him you came when he wakes up. Visitor wannabe speaks his name. I shrugged. I'm sorry, sir, I don't know you.  My patient heard the belligerent guy's mouth and asked if he could just come in. So  I allowed him in for five minutes or so, but  the entourage had to go to the waiting oom . By this time the other nurses were saying things like, "Do you KNOW who that IS??? " Um, no, I don't.

You shouldn't have talked to him like that. He's FAMOUS!! Um... I have a patient to protect. 

Long story short, too late, I know, Belligerent Mouthy guy only stayed about ten minutes, then sashayed out of the ICU like he owned the place. The patient apologized, but he asked me, "you REALLY don't know who he is?" NO, I'm not a football fan.

The belligerent guy has since died, but every thing I've even seen about him makes me sure that for some people, fame is a drug, and he'd drunk plenty of it.

ETA: And later, I worked at a hospital on which board of directors Mr. Johnny Unitas sat. He was most gracious, kind, and always smiling, holding doors for people.... just like folks!! the first time I saw him there, I walked into the department of nursing, whose door he'd just left, and my jaw had dropped. (I knew who he was because I'd stood in line for two hours to get his autograph for Mr. Four one time) Nursing secretary told me, Yeah, get used to it, he's here all the time.

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

YOU SAW THE :pb_surprised: X-FILES BEING FILMED?! My favorite show!!

it was the episode the guy is on fire in a lab - but I saw the part where they talk outside to his girlfriend

my parents saw the episode that he jumped on the train being filmed 

-saw Morgan Freeman in a Broadway theatre. We didn't bother him.

-My dad got blackout drunk with Paula Poundstone

-I saw Diane Keaton at LAX once.

HOW COULD I FORGET?  I worked for a billionaire.  I really just think of his as my old boss.  He was the most down to earth guy.  All emails to and from him had to be in Comic Sans MS.  He owns several companies.  He's famous because of one of the companies and the rest are just pretty well known.  He's really branched out recently.  Two years ago he financed a Christian movie.  I was shocked.  He never seemed like a 'man of god' or whatever.  I forget what it was called, but I remember I watched a clip of it and it seemed really low budget surprisingly.  Too bad it wasn't the one with JB and the kids pretending to run.

22 minutes ago, Alicja said:

-saw Morgan Freeman in a Broadway theatre. We didn't bother him.

-My dad got blackout drunk with Paula Poundstone

-I saw Diane Keaton at LAX once.

I am so jealous!  Of you and your dad.  Wow.  Paula LMAO.  She adopted a few kids and then had to go to jail for a while because she was drunk off her ass driving them around Los Angeles.  In other words, I'm sure your dad had a great time lol.  

I am obsessed with Diane Keaton.  There's that gay stereotype of gay guys idolizing Cher,  Madonna or Streisand, knowing every album, concert tour dates, and dance moves and every hair style she's ever had.  That's me but with Diane.  It's really weird.  When I can't fall asleep I watch Diane Keaton movies in my head.  XD I know them by heart. Possibly my earliest memories are watching the movie Baby Boom.  I've seen and own ever movie she's ever made aside from 5.  I always liked her but when I was a teenager I read a biography of her and there are so many similarities between us that it caused me to enter gay diva worship mode.  

My avatar is Diane Keaton playing Sister Mary in "Sister Mary Explains It All".  It is currently on YouTube.  She plays an elderly nun on the eve of her retirement and all the kids she taught are now grown up and they attend her retirement ceremony or whatever it is.  It's basically Diane Keaton as a nun getting on stage and going over Christianity/Catholocism.  As she tries on last time to get everybody to believe, she's so jaded that she just makes everone an unbeliever.  She's way too literal in her understanding of the bible.

"Stealing and murder are sins.  You must pray for forgiveness.  Mortal sins like masturbation are not and praying for forgiveness won't save you from the depths of hell"

She also made a documentary movie called "Heaven".  She's an atheist and interviewed dozens of people on their thoughts about the afterlife.  Half of the people were strangers she approached on the street for interviews and the other half of the people are her closest family members but who is family and who are strangers is never revealed.  Great movie.

I think a lot of y'all would really appreciate both movies.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived