IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Naaahh... It' s got to be something with guns. Think about it. We had DIY, we had something with cars... What male activity is left? Hunting. We will see JB demonstrate to Joy how to use and clean a gun (and her aiming but not really shooting). Then her brothers will take her deer hunting. She will point out the deer and watch while they shoot, skin and clean the animal. Then she will cook it with her sisters for their 'spring feast'. They will babble on how she really likes the outdoors and loves to serve her family by providing nutricious fresh meat. I called it.

Didn't they do that on 19KAC when a bunch of the older kids of both sexes went turkey hunting or something? I remember because Josiah was paired with Joseph for a TH, which I thought was odd. I think the episode was an FU moment in response to that photo of JD messing around with guns. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if they plagiarize that idea, since it's not like these people are interesting enough to generate plot lines on their own.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Didn't they do that on 19KAC when a bunch of the older kids of both sexes went turkey hunting or something? I remember because Josiah was paired with Joseph for a TH, which I thought was odd. I think the episode was an FU moment in response to that photo of JD messing around with guns. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if they plagiarize that idea, since it's not like these people are interesting enough to generate plot lines on their own.

I recall an episode where Jim Bob took Jinger hunting for turkeys or something.

Seriously? They went turkey hunting? What were they going to do with a dead turkey? I can't see them plucking and getting the guts out. Although, I prefer to get my turkeys oven ready from the grocery store. I've done the other way once. Never again.

Yeah, some guy with a very thick southern accent came to their house and brought chicken from his 'restaurant.' Then he invited them turkey hunting. The boys kept calling the turkeys "gobblers." Jinger was the only female who did actual hunting.

It may have been the same episode Boon tried to have a sex talk with Jinger. While hunting turkeys.

1 minute ago, season of life said:

It may have been the same episode Boon tried to have a sex talk with Jinger. While hunting turkeys.

I vaguely remember this episode- in a "i saw the promos but not the whole thing" kind of way. What exactly was this "sex talk"? Curious minds need to know. Or was it plain old "wait for the right guy, don't do anything till then, you're female body is shameful and doesn't belong to you"

On 4/1/2016 at 5:44 PM, patsymae said:

Was Joy the one who on a long-ago episode didn't want to nap? And was told that you nap until you are 6 or something by Jessabitch? And then when she did say OK got taken to task for not saying "yes, Ma'am." Say it again, "yes, "ma'am."
My heart bleeds for that poor girl, and although she is 18, she is a girl 

I believe that was Johanna. 

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I vaguely remember this episode- in a "i saw the promos but not the whole thing" kind of way. What exactly was this "sex talk"? Curious minds need to know. Or was it plain old "wait for the right guy, don't do anything till then, you're female body is shameful and doesn't belong to you"

IIRC it was something along the lines of your guess, definitely nothing in detail or practical. Perhaps I'll go re-watch it, it used to be on youtube.

Well, we all knew it was fake. Jinger didn't actually do anything but raise her hand under JD's direction. We now know what Jana and Jinger pretend to do for the cameras, let's see what Joy doesn't do. TLC must think the audience is stupid. I hope the ratings are even lower next week.

The only thing that would up the ratings would be an in depth interview with Joshy. Not going to happen.

I want to comment on the dumb ways Jill and Derick handle Israel. First, as some have already pointed out, it's just ridiculous to allow a baby to gum on a fan. Even if he doesn't actually chew the wire, he could bring the fan down on top of himself. But on top of that, he's not learning that electrical appliances are dangerous; he's not learning to avoid electric cords; and he's going to think he can chew on any old random appliances that take his fancy. It's just a recipe for future danger.

Second, that scene where Israel was pulling the diapers off the shelf bothered me. Jill's voice in the background did not sound amused. If she doesn't want him doing that, then why not give him something more appropriate to play with? I can understand that they might not have a lot of toys at their home in "Cintral Murrica," but every parent who pays attention knows that babies his age love kitchen implements--plastic measuring cups, spatulas, wooden spoons, measuring spoons, small pots with lids, etc.. Let him have a few of those to play with, for gawd's sake.

If we needed ANY more evidence of the lousy upbringing the Duggar kiddults have had, you can see it in how Jessa and Jill are handling their babies. They don't seem to have much of a clue. Despite all the work they did in raising their siblings, they don't know much about babies.

there are pictures and  reports of Mary and Joseph doing a speaking engagement with Spud 

no one wants to hear from them - they have nothing important to say imo 

especially if we saw on screen was any indication 

I did a lot of babysitting in my youth and if I saw one of my kids grabbing a fan and gumming it I'd swoop in so fast that TLC wouldn't have a chance to film it.  I mean, WTH, where is the line between filming a reality show and intervening when things become dangerous?

I wonder if any of the TLC crew were concerned enough about Izzy to intervene.

And BTW, where were the parents?

I'm sure they let him do whatever he wants purely for good filming purposes..

And I'm certain nobody is surprised that the car buyer was an actor. 

34 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I did a lot of babysitting in my youth and if I saw one of my kids grabbing a fan and gumming it I'd swoop in so fast that TLC wouldn't have a chance to film it.  I mean, WTH, where is the line between filming a reality show and intervening when things become dangerous?

Who? Jill and Derick? Preaching on street corners, in English, to Christians.

1 hour ago, Jucifer said:

A lot of the Jill and Derick footage looked to be filmed by themselves and not the show. I can't recall if the fan was one of those clips or not though.

Well, dammit, now I have to rewatch the whole show. ;)

I can't imagine anyone filming their baby in such dangerous circumstances without throwing the goddamn phone down and rushing to his rescue, but maybe it's just me. ;)

Not snarking on you, Clara.  I'm overtired and over the Duggars. ;)

5 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The clip has been removed from Youtube, but this article talks about it: http://www.crushable.com/2012/10/03/entertainment/jinger-duggar-turkey-hunt-19-kids-and-counting-jim-bob-sex-talk-840/

Basically, Bob compared turkeys to boys and they were hunting turkeys cuz it was mating season.

Anna Hackle? What did she do? I know at one time a few years ago there was a rumor that she and JD might have been courting which wasn't true. In thst ring episode she didn't do or say anything bad.

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, we all knew it was fake. Jinger didn't actually do anything but raise her hand under JD's direction. We now know what Jana and Jinger pretend to do for the cameras, let's see what Joy doesn't do. TLC must think the audience is stupid. I hope the ratings are even lower next week.

The only thing that would up the ratings would be an in depth interview with Joshy. Not going to happen.

Some of the audience IS stupid, and it's pretty scary to witness.  Have you had a chance to read the Counting On Facebook page?  It's disturbing what their fans believe and support with regard to this family.  

I think the ratings will continue to steadily plummet.  On that same page you'll see a small group of people who have been quite effective getting sponsors to pull.  So much so that Nancy Daniels made mention of it here:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/03/31/jill-jessica-counting-on-advertisers-dropping-show-like-bad-habit/

I found it interesting that she also says there are millions and millions of fans, yet the last show pulled in just over one million viewers.  I'll further that by saying I'm sure some of those viewers tune in out of curiosity's sake - you know that train wreck aspect where no matter how much you want to, you just can't look away?  I'd love to watch for that reason but as a Nielsen family, I'd be doing the world a disservice...

7 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Some of the audience IS stupid, and it's pretty scary to witness.  Have you had a chance to read the Counting On Facebook page?  It's disturbing what their fans believe and support with regard to this family.  

I think the ratings will continue to steadily plummet.  On that same page you'll see a small group of people who have been quite effective getting sponsors to pull.  So much so that Nancy Daniels made mention of it here:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/03/31/jill-jessica-counting-on-advertisers-dropping-show-like-bad-habit/

I found it interesting that she also says there are millions and millions of fans, yet the last show pulled in just over one million viewers.  I'll further that by saying I'm sure some of those viewers tune in out of curiosity's sake - you know that train wreck aspect where no matter how much you want to, you just can't look away?  I'd love to watch for that reason but as a Nielsen family, I'd be doing the world a disservice...

We all know for sure that there are more than a few hate watchers tuning in!

Did someone already mention the awesome SOTDRT spelling on Jinger's car when they finally had it flipped and ready to sell? It came 'equiped' with [random basic features that most cars have].

I also have  to say I found myself feeling sad for Jessa. She's gorgeous and somewhat funny and she cracks jokes and laughs and looks at Bin and he gives her nothing. Not a chuckle, not a smile, not a glance. Totally ignores her attempts to be funny or engage in banter. It's really sad. And there was a moment when he was in the kitchen and she was on the couch with the baby and he said something and she corrected him and he looked genuinely angry for a moment before moving on. 

12 hours ago, Lovebug said:

Did you guys see this?  It's a crappy article from a trash site, but it does have the screen caps of the conversation the "hired" person had about buying the car Jinger supposedly flipped.  Enjoy!

http://www.inquisitr.com/2952974/jinger-duggar-car-sale-faked-for-jill-jessa-counting-on-duggars-have-staged-scenes-before/

The end of the article asks if it is wrong to stage the car buying segment.

It's WRONG TO STAGE ALL OF THE CRAP THEY SHOW!  It's not real, people.   It's scripted.   Don't pass it off as a  reality show.   

Ok, don't try to pass it off as a show, if you want to get real. 

44 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

The end of the article asks if it is wrong to stage the car buying segment.

It's WRONG TO STAGE ALL OF THE CRAP THEY SHOW!  It's not real, people.   It's scripted.   Don't pass it off as a  reality show.   

Ok, don't try to pass it off as a show, if you want to get real. 

They always end the articles that way, it's just a rhetorical question.  I'm guessing they just want to start a lot of comment traffic on the site. 

I wonder if shows like this are going to permanently kill reality tv.  Some like the Kardashians sort of actually follow their lives, scandals and all.  But there is this segment that is really completely made up and just so ridiculous, and that may turn people away from reality TV altogether.  That Daniels woman, she was very successful at TLC and keeping viewers up.  She bet a lot on this show.  But I wonder if it's going to backfire and just make people more disillusioned with reality TV and that's a big part of TLC's programming.

4 hours ago, anotherone said:

That Daniels woman, she was very successful at TLC and keeping viewers up.  She bet a lot on this show.  But I wonder if it's going to backfire and just make people more disillusioned with reality TV and that's a big part of TLC's programming.

Daniels also has a boss she has to answer to. I can understand why she continues to speak as though the show is a ratings star. She needs it to be successful. It is going to be hard to explain why a show is on the air when you can't make any money off of it because few will sponsor it. At this point, TLC is probably making more from sponsors of Say Yes to the Dress shown at 3am than they are making off the Duggars at prime time. We have to remember that TLC is just in the business of making money. The fact that TLC is teaming up with Tyler Perry reflects that fact. They are moving on and sooner or later will leave the Duggars behind. 

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived