IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

43 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

@zee_four I've skied Copper, Keystone and Breckenridge. Never had a chance to ski A-Basin. We always stay in a condo in Silverthorne. Some of my earliest memories are my mom enrolling me in Ski School when I was about 5. Of course, that was before it was Ski/Ride School. Showing my age...

PS, I was just there the week of March 14, when it snowed all day, everyday for the entire week.

I grew up in Eagle County and taught BC ski/ride school for years. I was in ski school back when it was just ski school too ha ha.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Who is "she who shall not be named (pm me please)?

i don't know who it is either...can someone pm me as well?  I am sorta new still and just learning names

I don't see a reason to do this "she who shall not be named" thing. Either say the person's name or don't talk about her, but don't couch whoever this person is in secret terms.

Edit: Not smacking down people who've asked for the name, FTR

8 hours ago, Hera said:

In this new season of life, I, like, can no longer be a tomboy, so I, like, purpose to be more ladylike and stuff.

Every time I read that word i think "propose." it actually seems to make more sense. 

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Who is "she who shall not be named (pm me please)?

Anna :D  episode - ring trying one on 

Looking at Kristin's instagram, I zeroed in on the baby shower collage.  What was the theme of this shower because those cookies had arrows, tipis, and feathers?  They also had some cute looking forest animals along with their initials I guess, but the tipis, arrows, and feathers

12 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Haha, I feel like this right now. I didn't have any orange juice for mimosas, but I did have watermelon juice.

Champagne and watermelon juice, tastes A LOT like Boone's Farm Strawberry whatever.

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill! Reminds me of my youth.

11 hours ago, nst said:

and it's also because sierra knows how to talk to people or the camera and not be silent and act like she is doing the camera a favor. 

the bathroom scene, any scene in the last two episodes 

sierra maybe kooky but she can carry a conversation with strangers nonetheless

11 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

@nst My thoughts exactly!

I feel like "Pimping Out Tacos" needs to be a thread title soon, you guys.

And also "Doing the camera a favour"!

15 hours ago, season of life said:

Jana does stuff with treehouses and lights.

Jinger does stuff with cars.

What "masculine" activity do you assume Joy will partake in? I bet you TLC googles activities for guys and assigns one to each of the girls. Oh, and I bet you Joy isn't courting or interested in anyone either. Cuz so far, Jana and John haven't mentioned anyone.

Leaving the toilet seat up? Stubble in the bathroom sink? Heading to the barber shop and requesting a Men's Regular hair cut?

Naaahh... It' s got to be something with guns. Think about it. We had DIY, we had something with cars... What male activity is left? Hunting. We will see JB demonstrate to Joy how to use and clean a gun (and her aiming but not really shooting). Then her brothers will take her deer hunting. She will point out the deer and watch while they shoot, skin and clean the animal. Then she will cook it with her sisters for their 'spring feast'. They will babble on how she really likes the outdoors and loves to serve her family by providing nutricious fresh meat. I called it.

7 hours ago, anotherone said:

Every time I read that word i think "propose." it actually seems to make more sense. 

I feel like it's entirely possible they've just been using the wrong word all this time.

16 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

1) I live in Texas and yes sometimes in the summer it was just way too damn hot to play (run around) outside. Fortunately, I grew up with a pool in my backyard and we lived in the pool during the summer. My mom didn't like us to be outside for too long during the heat of the day (12-3pm) because of 'sun sickness'. I am not quite sure what the real term for sun sickness or if it's just a regional term, but my sister had it once and she got extremely itchy, sunburned, and fatigued.

I live in New England, and we always get one week in the summer when it's 100+, and I got sun sickness working in the garden last year. Not enough water, too much hard work, and so I got extremely nauseous, fatigued, and got a splitting headache. Definitely not a regional term! I can see why the Duggars would want to be careful when it's that hot out, but if I remember correctly, they drink mostly soda. Water's what they need, and getting the little ones to drink enough water to prevent sun sickness might be a challenge.

As for the whole show, the word I would use to describe it is contrived. Live everyone here has already said, it's all fake situations, fake lines, fake emotions. It's amazing that they don't realize how obviously fake it is.

Also, this is my first post. :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

11 hours ago, zee_four said:

If you must ski Scummit Keystone and A Basin are better ;-)

-signed a girl from the county with a rivalry next door whos partial to Beaver Creek

Yeah, but Beaver would be a really weird baby name. : )

^Around here we call that heat exhaustion, or heat stroke if it becomes more dangerous and life threatening. 

2 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Looking at Kristin's instagram, I zeroed in on the baby shower collage.  What was the theme of this shower because those cookies had arrows, tipis, and feathers?  They also had some cute looking forest animals along with their initials I guess, but the tipis, arrows, and feathers

We were chatting about the cookies a month or two back (fun fact: they're from the cookie business that collaborated with Sierra to bring us those valentine treat packages valued at approximately the price of two months' student loan payments) - some people suggested that the arrows are because they're Quiverfull, and the tipis and feathers are because they're racist.

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Naaahh... It' s got to be something with guns. Think about it. We had DIY, we had something with cars... What male activity is left? Hunting. We will see JB demonstrate to Joy how to use and clean a gun (and her aiming but not really shooting). Then her brothers will take her deer hunting. She will point out the deer and watch while they shoot, skin and clean the animal. Then she will cook it with her sisters for their 'spring feast'. They will babble on how she really likes the outdoors and loves to serve her family by providing nutricious fresh meat. I called it.

Tell me, do you have an inside track with TLC and GodBobbers? This sounds perfectlypossible. :content:

18 hours ago, patsymae said:

Was Joy the one who on a long-ago episode didn't want to nap? And was told that you nap until you are 6 or something by Jessabitch? And then when she did say OK got taken to task for not saying "yes, Ma'am." Say it again, "yes, "ma'am."
My heart bleeds for that poor girl, and although she is 18, she is a girl 

That was Johannah.

I thought that was really weird to have to say, "yes, ma'am" to your sister. Did they have to say, "yes, sir" when rheir brothers told them to do something? Most 5 year olds don't need naps, they could be in all day kindergarten. Obviously, some kids would need a nap, but it didn't look like Johannah did.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I thought that was really weird to have to say, "yes, ma'am" to your sister. Did they have to say, "yes, sir" when rheir brothers told them to do something? Most 5 year olds don't need naps, they could be in all day kindergarten. Obviously, some kids would need a nap, but it didn't look like Johannah did.

In the episode, they explained that their house rule is that kids younger than 6 take naps, no exceptions. Also, in Growing Up Duggar, the girls talk about how they're to regard their older siblings as "their elders", like Josie would have to take orders from Johannah and so forth.

I do remember that in all-day kindergarten (wasn't an option in my town for anything different afaik), we did have to take naps. I think it was after lunch.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

In the episode, they explained that their house rule is that kids younger than 6 take naps, no exceptions. Also, in Growing Up Duggar, the girls talk about how they're to regard their older siblings as "their elders", like Josie would have to take orders from Johannah and so forth.

I do remember that in all-day kindergarten (wasn't an option in my town for anything different afaik), we did have to take naps. I think it was after lunch.

In the duggars house individualization isn't an option. House rule is you nap till you are six. Regardless of your personal needs. 

All day kindergartens usually have a test or quiet time, but most allow quiet activities for the children who don't need sleep. Like a book or coloring or puzzle. Giving them down time without actually forcing a nap. Because most schools recognize that children's needs vary. 

19 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Just finished reading part 3! Here is my :twocents-02cents: 

1) I live in Texas and yes sometimes in the summer it was just way too damn hot to play (run around) outside. Fortunately, I grew up with a pool in my backyard and we lived in the pool during the summer. My mom didn't like us to be outside for too long during the heat of the day (12-3pm) because of 'sun sickness'. I am not quite sure what the real term for sun sickness or if it's just a regional term, but my sister had it once and she got extremely itchy, sunburned, and fatigued.

"Sun sickness" a.k.a. "sun poisoning" -  the precursor to heat stroke or sun stroke (heat stroke caused by the sun) - is very real. After an episode involving sunburn, one might be extremely sensitive to the sun's rays even in the less-direct times of day such as in the morning or late afternoon for months.

I am on antibiotics frequently, and many increase sun sensitivity. A few summers ago, I got sunburned while in the pool less than an hour of time - while wearing 50 spf sunscreen. (The sun's rays reflect off the water thus also increasing exposure.) For 2 months afterward, my skin stung in the sun, even with a long-sleeve shirt on in direct sun hours (11-1), and without a layer before or after. Any prolonged time also made me feel unwell - flushed, weak, etc.

I thought it was Jill putting the kids down for their naps. Johannah got to nap in a closet. I figure since they keep them up all hours of the night those kids still need naps at 6. 

1 hour ago, quiverofdoubt said:

In the duggars house individualization isn't an option. House rule is you nap till you are six. Regardless of your personal needs. 

All day kindergartens usually have a test or quiet time, but most allow quiet activities for the children who don't need sleep. Like a book or coloring or puzzle. Giving them down time without actually forcing a nap. Because most schools recognize that children's needs vary. 

I went to a private Quaker elementary school for Pre-K and Kindergarten, which is to say it's probably as progressive as anywhere else. We had nap time, and while they obviously couldn't enforce sleep, you did have to remain quietly in your cot the entire time. That seems consistent with what I've seen elsewhere, too. Honestly, I don't see an issue with having a required nap time under a certain age. I wasn't a good napper, and I sometimes got bored and restless, but it wasn't damaging.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived