IGNORED

Products worth EVERY cent

Mela99

I saw a list on BuzzFeed this week about products from places like Sephora that are worth every cent. I bought one of the items - the Estee Edit Pore Stick for $28.00 and oh my god. AMAZING. Awesome.

So, FJers - what beauty products do you use that are worth every single cent?

The Body Shop Hemp hand cream. It's the only thing that keeps my hands from getting chapped in the winter. I also love The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter.

Buxom lip glosses. They actually moisturize my lips better than lip balms.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer.

LUSH Vanishing Cream.

NARS the multiple

For me it would be Benefit They're Real mascara and Revlon's copy of Clinique Chubby Sticks. Revlon took the idea and made it better IMO. Also I LOVED the Revlon lip butters but they seem to have been discontinued :(

Body Shop body butters have been mentioned. I prefer the Olive or Shea. Also Korres Natural Lip Butters. 

Too Faced Better than Sex mascara is my obsession of the moment. This plus my eyelash curler makes it look like I'm wearing falsies. :) 

UD Naked palettes - I have them all and it was worth the investment! They have good color payoff, little to no creasing, are very blendable, and the packaging is very luxe. 

Korean skincare products -- my wedding is in two months and I am doing the whole "ten step" routine to prep and my FI said my skin looks more glow-y and I've noticed a difference, too. It helps that I recently realized that my skin type isn't as oily as it was when I was fifteen. Brands I love are Etude House, Innisfree, Tonymoly, Benton, and the face shop. Sheet masks are amazing.

Benefit gimme brow is perfection.

NARS orgasm blush is the only blush I'll use?

MAC's Ruby Woo is super pretty on every shade of skin!

Colourpop is super fun and affordable!

Anastasia Brow Wiz-I've never found a brow product that makes my eyebrows look so perfect and yet still natural at the same time.

Chanel Natural Finish Powder-I love the loose powder for my initial application and the pressed for touch ups. Makes my skin look more smooth and even without building up to a cakey foundation like appearance.

YSL Rouge Volupt Shine lipsticks-Not the longest lasting formula, but it feels FANTASTIC and makes my lips look so shiny and smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation. It's 48 dollars and it hurts but it is the only i mean ONLY foundation I like. It is matte but not drying. It is full coverage but not cakey. It doesn't clog my pores. I have tried dupes in hopes of saving money and I just had to face the truth that this is the best and put down the $$$$

12 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation. It's 48 dollars and it hurts but it is the only i mean ONLY foundation I like. It is matte but not drying. It is full coverage but not cakey. It doesn't clog my pores. I have tried dupes in hopes of saving money and I just had to face the truth that this is the best and put down the $$$$

I can totally vouch for this recommendation. All of it. That $48 dollars is painful but totally worth it. You also don't need to be too much on so it lasts awhile. 

I'm a voyeur in this thread. I've yet to Treat Yo'self with high-end cosmetics. Miss GG is already there. Sephora is her crack. She dropped $69 yesterday on highlighter & setting spray. I'm feeling the need to bite the bullet for a really good full coverage foundation that actually matches my skin tone. Right now I'm mixing 2 MAC in order to get near my complexion. $48 doesn't seem so bad if I could get a match. 

Body Shop body butters. Shit smells so damn good.

Becca highlighters. They're so damn expensive but I swatched Pearl last time I was in Ulta and I just about died. It was so pigmented and soft.

I just discovered and love Blinc mascara. It creates a tube that slides off when you wash your face. Much less effort, which is my personal favorite.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Sugar's Fresh line.

Benefit Benetint lip and cheek stain. I am very fair with blue undertones (think vampire) and most lipsticks and blushes, no matter how "rose" or "berry" they look in the tube, end up looking orange on me. This stuff is very sheer and very berry, and it gives me some nice natural color on my cheeks, and a long lasting color on the lips.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod820420&skuId=2160251&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=242511015&catargetid=330000200000384941&cadevice=c&gclid=CNDo84uSxswCFQmqaQod2dQOSg

I can also vouch for Make up forever duo mat. That's good shit.

Tatcha Kyoto Red lipstick  

DevaCurl No Poo Decadence and DevaCurl Supercream Coconut Curl Styler

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 1:04 AM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer.

LUSH Vanishing Cream.

NARS the multiple

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer is great and so is their "All Nighter" Setting Spray.  

I use Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer every day, even though I rarely use eyeshadow/eyeliner over it. I like it on it's own just to cover some red/purple unevenness on my eyelids. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade, it cost me $30 but it is worth every single cent!

• 1 year later...

Most of my splurge purchases are skincare related. I love nip+fab's dragon blood line, and I love purchasing all natural facemasks and anti aging creams even though I'm 20. 

I'm going to be completely redundant and say that I absolutely love The Body Shop body butters. They are one of the products I have consistently used for the longest amount of time.

I don't know if this is considered a splurge or not, but Lime Crime lipsticks for $20 each. I call them my "hooker lipsticks," because the pigment is pretty intense and doesn't come off.

• 4 weeks later...

Benefit They're Real Tinted Mascara Primer

I'm very pale and just like a tint on my lashes so this is perfect.

I also like Becca Under Eye Brightener

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2016 at 1:49 AM, Geechee Girl said:

I'm a voyeur in this thread. I've yet to Treat Yo'self with high-end cosmetics. Miss GG is already there. Sephora is her crack. She dropped $69 yesterday on highlighter & setting spray. I'm feeling the need to bite the bullet for a really good full coverage foundation that actually matches my skin tone. Right now I'm mixing 2 MAC in order to get near my complexion. $48 doesn't seem so bad if I could get a match. 

I highly recommend Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation.  

My splurges are usually Chanel-related.  I love their lipsticks.  

Whoever said Nars Orgasm Blush Only, I agree.  

I also really love Bobbi Brown BB cream, Benefit Boi-ing concealer (the pink one in the stuck with moisturizer around the concealer), Benefit dandelion, really Benefit everything.  I've never used a Benefit product I didn't love.  

Cle de Peau concealer is a good splurge too, but I actually prefer Boi-ing, and it's 60 dollars cheaper.  

And I know everyone says it's not worth it, and Nivea Creme is the same, but I love La Mer. 

Archived