IGNORED

Ruth Wissman engaged

Odd1Out

According to the Wiisman Instagram page, Ruth is engaged. Anyone have a clue who the groom-to-be is? I guess Christopher Maxwell will have another wedding to photograph. 

I never saw that picture of Andrew before. He looks so so awkward in a lot of pictures, but this is simply the worst. And at the same time he can be pretty handsome in pictures.

A fundie man with a job!? My word.

Do we have a forum for the Wissman's? I've never heard of them before.

The are a singing family with 13 kids from Nebraska. They are quite talented and popular in fundie circles. So far they have married of 4 of their children.

wissmannfamily.com/family

They have 13 kids:

Rachel was married to Alan Busenitz a few years ago, when she was already 30+ and they had their first child, Kendrick, in january

Ruth got engaged recently

Josiah is married to Abi (I forgot her family name); according to the website they have 2 children, but I think they are either expecting #3 or already welcomed their third child

Bethany is married to Dan Beasley; they have two kids so far and have moved cross-country multiple times in the last few years; Dan is a lawyer, if I remember correctly

Andrew married Kori (née Knuth) in 2011. They have no kids so far.

the rest of the Wissmann children are still single and at home: Elizabeth, Matthias, Stephen, Hannah, Susanna, Alaythia, Nathanel, Charissa

I hope you are a little less confused now, @Jana814

Dan Beasley is the guy who accidentally shot and killed his first wife playing a game of breaking and entering IIRC?

15 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

Dan Beasley is the guy who accidentally shot and killed his first wife playing a game of breaking and entering IIRC?

No, that was Joshua.  http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/lincoln-man-gets-to-years-for-fatally-shooting-wife/article_794fddfe-a91c-11de-bbfb-001cc4c03286.html

I think he has married again.  That story was awful.  The Beasleys rallied around Joshua as though Alaina was - not a person - for want of better words.  Alaina's family was not at all convinced that the shooting was accidental.

The Beasley Family on FJ for more details.  http://www.freejinger.org/forum/383-beasley-family/

Thanks - I vaguely remember the shooting from the local news years ago. Agreed I think a lot of people found the incident very sketchy besides Alaina's familyz

I'm not familiar with the Wissmann's but holy cow they live really close to the town I grew up in and we share Facebook friends with kids I went to high school with.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

No, that was Joshua.  http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/lincoln-man-gets-to-years-for-fatally-shooting-wife/article_794fddfe-a91c-11de-bbfb-001cc4c03286.html

I think he has married again.  That story was awful.  The Beasleys rallied around Joshua as though Alaina was - not a person - for want of better words.  Alaina's family was not at all convinced that the shooting was accidental.

The Beasley Family on FJ for more details.  http://www.freejinger.org/forum/383-beasley-family/

I'm new to these families.  Wow - that story is nuts.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Whoa!  Fundie divorce?  They were married only a few months. 

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Whoa!  Fundie divorce?  They were married only a few months. 

What did I miss?  I just stuck the Beasley link in there without properly catching up.

Who divorced?  Joshua B and Emily?

What did I miss?  I just stuck the Beasley link in there without properly catching up.

Who divorced?  Joshua B and Emily?

I think she meant the shady death of Alaina as a fundie divorce.

7 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

I think she meant the shady death of Alaina as a fundie divorce.

Thanks, I think you are right.  The Alaina shooting is still as fishy as hell.  Per 911, he didn't even comfort her as she lay there bleeding out.

I was rather hoping that it was a real Fundie divorce though.

Josh and Emily had a blog going for about a year or so after their wedding. They seemed to be happy; working, studying, traveling, and enjoying their families when they visited, and allowed themselves to be on the blog. It disappeared about a year or two ago.

Anna Beasley was the one doing more blogging. Last I knew she was in Nepal with a missions team, but she also had a job in theatre that required her to move out. In another state. Only the oldest Beasley son Caleb seemed to be doing the full-out-fundie-quiverful thing; he and his wife had 6 kids last I knew. I think most of the Beasley kids are now adults. The son next-older than Anna got married around the same time as Rachel and Alan B.(Rachel was formerly Wissmann) and they appeared to be not-so-fundie; some photos were of her wearing jeans and another(gasp!) was a kiss photo BEFORE THE WEDDING. I guess they figured out they were being watched by FJ and knew they had to set boundaries. JMO

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

Josh and Emily had a blog going for about a year or so after their wedding. They seemed to be happy; working, studying, traveling, and enjoying their families when they visited, and allowed themselves to be on the blog. It disappeared about a year or two ago.

Anna Beasley was the one doing more blogging. Last I knew she was in Nepal with a missions team, but she also had a job in theatre that required her to move out. In another state. Only the oldest Beasley son Caleb seemed to be doing the full-out-fundie-quiverful thing; he and his wife had 6 kids last I knew. I think most of the Beasley kids are now adults. The son next-older than Anna got married around the same time as Rachel and Alan B.(Rachel was formerly Wissmann) and they appeared to be not-so-fundie; some photos were of her wearing jeans and another(gasp!) was a kiss photo BEFORE THE WEDDING. I guess they figured out they were being watched by FJ and knew they had to set boundaries. JMO

Thanks for the update.  Good to know that most of them are apparently veering towards the mainstream.

I don't understand what you mean though. Set boundaries on what they put out for public consumption or go private with potentially embarrassing content?

Being watched and snarked on by FJ for what you put out there for pubic view isn't very important in the grand scheme of things.  Accidentally shooting your wife an a "game" is going to draw a lot of attention though.

Exactly. The shooting is what he has to live with for the rest of his life, as does all his family, Alaina's family, and now Emily and her family too, and that the public knows, well, it makes it harder. So, when it keeps getting brought up,(I heard rumors of Emily being private-messaged about it and being defensive) I think they just want to keep their social media for friends and family who are supportive and can help them move on with life. I can't really blame them.

here's a rabbit hole i haven't fallen down yet! is the wissman family the family that is often discussed in the babies thread as having adult kids who all don't seem to be very quiverfull? 

Here is what I know of the Wissmanns (from back in the day):

- Bethany's husband (Dan) wrote a blog post about how he and Bethany started their courtship. People on FJ thought he sounded like a douche, because he said he noticed Bethany but put her only on a list of potential Mrs. Beasleys. Then, per his blog post "When I moved to Virginia in July of 2008 the thought crossed my mind that I should talk with some girl’s dad just to put my name in. I didn’t want to leave and let the best girl slip through the cracks without even being there to put up a fight. But I didn’t know which girl’s dad to talk to, and I felt God wanted me to wait."

So um....he had a list of potential wives (I guess), wasn't sure who to settle for, and eventually found love with Bethany. They now seem pretty smitten with one another, but their courtship always rubbed me the wrong way. Like she was his best option, so he just settled with her.

-Something about black face. I wish I had the post, but I guess the Wissmann's dressed in black face for one of their dramas and got A LOT of backlash (as they should have).

- Kori (Andrew's wife) created a fake account on FJ and was interacting with us. It was weird though. It happened around the time Rachel got engaged. She would make comments like "I bet the Wissmann's are relieved ancient Rachel is finally getting married." She would also comment on how sexy Kori (herself) was in pictures, and how defrauding she was. Someone discovered that the e-mail she used on FJ linked up to an e-mail Kori used to sign-up for another social media account and that was how she was outed. She high-tailed it out of here immediately after. I was a little sad to see her go. It would have been fun to get more commentary from her.

Anyways, that is all I have on the Wissmanns. For fundies they have remained pretty low on FJ radar the last few years. I think mostly because their adult children seem to be drifting away from the strict fundie lifestyle.

Archived