IGNORED

Investigation of FLDS Graveyard of Babies Born of Incest

1 hour ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

:confused2:

Why do they do YouTube videos if they're not allowed to be on the internet? 

Maybe it's supposed to improve the FDLS' image? Although you'd think a group that marries off 12 year old girls to 50+ year old men (who are probably some combination of their uncle, cousin, and nephew), expels young men for minor infractions, is engaged in a number of criminal enterprises, and shuns the outside world would be beyond caring about what other people think of them, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People love to drive through The Crick to gawk at the plygs. I bet this was suggested to them by people stopping at the cafe. It's not an image thing so much as a way to boost traffic at the cafe.

On a side note, if you don't stop at the cafe or gas station a van with limo tinted windows and several radio antennas will follow you until you leave town. My dad and I tried it once when I was a teenager. 

I stumbled upon a podcast that gives the history of polygamy and goes into really great detail about the various sects. It's called A Year of Pologamy. It's free on iTunes.  

I read in a survivor book (I can't remember which) about families having a certain hairstyle so the boys would know who their sisters and sister moms were. 

One of the Orthodox sects has a rabbi that uses a genetics expert to approve or deny marriages. A couple is presented to the rabbi and he sends their blood to the expert who tells him if their children would have Tay Sachs or other genetic issues. If only the FLDS would do the same.

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

What on earth are they making? 

The boxes say Power Heat. It's a canned heat product, like Sterno, made of ethanol gel. We keep some around for cooking when the electricity goes out.

8 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I read that in the Kingston clan, which is even more incestuous than the FLDS with half and full brothers and sisters "encouraged" to marry, babies are often left to die:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/inside-the-order-one-mormon-cults-secret-empire-20110615

I just read this article last week.  It ends with the two teenage boys (that stole the silver) going back to the order.  Since this was written in 2011 I'm curious where they are now. 

:confused2:

Why do they do YouTube videos if they're not allowed to be on the internet? 

I've never heard that they're not allowed on the internet, though I'd expect Internet use to be highly monitored/restricted. When Oprah visited them, she mentioned how modern they were, with cell phones and ipods aplenty.

46 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I just read this article last week.  It ends with the two teenage boys (that stole the silver) going back to the order.  Since this was written in 2011 I'm curious where they are now. 

I was just thinking the same.  Surely there is no way they would be unscathed but unless they escape again, Im guessing we'll never know.

That video. Those two little girls are so sweet and trying to hard to smile. I just can't handle thinking what their lives must really be like. 

Did they steal that hairstyle from history, or just make it up? Aside from the hairspray, that's actually a style you could have easily done in the 19th century... It's a bit like watching a youtube vid from a time machine. :pb_confused:  

The older one child makey me really sad for some reason. There's just something in her eyes...

If you want another inside look there's a woman named Brenda Nicholson. Her Facebook is public and she has posted quite a bit on her life in the FLDS. It appears that she and her husband left with all of their children in 2012. I haven't found if she posted how she and her husband were matched but it would seem that he never took another wife. Her parents converted from Methodist. She grew up in SLC and went to Alta Academy when Warren was the principal. She even had her first few children in the l&d room at the school. 

I watched the videos and it made me so sad.  By now those little children likely have children of their own and are one of an army of wives, joyfully submitting.

I watched the videos and it made me so sad.  By now those little children likely have children of their own and are one of an army of wives, joyfully submitting.

Given the restrictions on marriages and sex that Warren imposed from prison, the younger ones may thankfully not be in that position. However, that doesn't mean their lives aren't made miserable by his many restrictions nonetheless.

I know I was watching a FLDS video, but the woman in the end of the video of the hair tutorial #3 looked a bit like michelle duggar to me for an instant....I think i'm getting tired, or hanging out here to much if I am seeing her in other video's :VAPLEURER:

14 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

The boxes say Power Heat. It's a canned heat product, like Sterno, made of ethanol gel. We keep some around for cooking when the electricity goes out.

Yes, they were making Power Heat. Its used for chafing dishes so used a lot in restaurants/catering. They also had boxes marked Sure Heat and Green Heat, those would be the artifical logs for gas fireplaces. They're made of concrete. At one point I also saw them painting artificial pinecones that also looked to be concrete. Not sure what those were for.

The thought they don't have Internet access may have come from the original raid that caused the SaveTheFLDSChildren site. The FLDS put it out there that this was their first true Internet use. Granted we know better from survivor stories and now it seems to have changed, but at the time that was the manipulation.

5 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

The thought they don't have Internet access may have come from the original raid that caused the SaveTheFLDSChildren site. The FLDS put it out there that this was their first true Internet use. Granted we know better from survivor stories and now it seems to have changed, but at the time that was the manipulation.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that. Thanks!

Ah, I hadn't noticed that. Thanks!

Well, as soon as they got the kids back they deleted the site. I haven't checked in ages to see if it's active, but even then you could buy real FLDS dresses through it. It was a true PR ploy if there ever were one and a dirty one at that!

15 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Well, as soon as they got the kids back they deleted the site. I haven't checked in ages to see if it's active, but even then you could buy real FLDS dresses through it. It was a true PR ploy if there ever were one and a dirty one at that!

"Everything in my closet is so boring and 21st century. I wish there was a place I could order cult dresses from."

7 minutes ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

"Everything in my closet is so boring and 21st century. I wish there was a place I could order cult dresses from."

This even made Mr. D laugh, and he usually seems a little uncomfortable with my fundie obsession. 

18 hours ago, missegeno said:

I've never heard that they're not allowed on the internet, though I'd expect Internet use to be highly monitored/restricted. When Oprah visited them, she mentioned how modern they were, with cell phones and ipods aplenty.

I'm thinking to show people how they're relatively "normal." Look, guys! We have fun! Even in our long prairie dresses and high hair we romp around and have fun at the office just like regular people!

Or, maybe they are just sharing it between the different communities (the hair tutorial thing)? Are there other people clamoring to know how to do the "full wave" or whatever the Stepford Wife Voice Person is calling the hair-do in the video?

59 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

fldsdress.com?or fldstruth.org? something earlier? I remember always being frustrated at how boring fldsdress.com was when I constantly stumbled upon it looking for more sensational dirt! Little did I know, it WAS the dirt!!! I never found anything beyond items for sale on that site, and just bible passages on fldstruth.org (not much about the internet in that book). The domains are both pointed away now. You seem to have been following them longer than me - I want to know all the things in the murky recesses of your memory!!!

I was curious, so I checked the whois and dns history (all publicly accessibly for free) for fldsdress.com. Looks like the last dns update was Dec. 1, 2011. So that was probably when it was taken down, though my memory swears it wasn't that long ago. They seem to have maintained a yearly autorenewal for the domain. fldstruth.org is similar. Both domains were originally on April 29th, 2008. Going to keep hunting for pre-raid dirt.

I know what I am doing this afternoon with my youngest daughter. Her hair reaches the middle of her back.

My husband walked in on me watching the mirthful gel girls video. I am so ashamed. My house is a disaster and I'm watching FLDS videos.

Archived