IGNORED

Investigation of FLDS Graveyard of Babies Born of Incest

It's politics. Put the right amount of money in the right number of hands: and you're golden. OR get some good dirt on a politician and blackmail them.

I'm getting real fed up with how women and children suffer when men have absolute power.

Misogyny at its finest. Jesus weeps.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to know more visit http://politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/ This site was probably mentioned before but this person knows a lot about the FLDS and posts interesting links. Can't remember if he did a post on the babycementary but worth checking out if you want to go down the rabbit hole of Mormon fundamentalism....

Being incredibly secretive and isolated helps minimize the evidence available to prosecutors (not easy to see much around 8 foot fences). Plus, Utah voters are very concerned with upholding religious freedoms, and policies targeting religious groups tend to receive a particularly critical eye from politicians and voters. I think Arizona isnt quite as intense in that regard, but it's still Arizona. Add to that police officers and other public officials who often grew up in the community that they serve, providing these cities with a bunch of flds police, etc. who technically can be of any religion they choose. The flds church teaches that God's law is supreme to man's law. So they uphold their version of God's law first, and man's law second.

15 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I think at some point, the FLDS cult will just implode because of the inbreeding going on, since Warren Jeffs has his communications watched to see if he would order a Jonestown like tragedy, which is something I think he's capable of doing.

I read a recent article about the different ways that Warren Jeffs' wives try to smuggle miniaturized recording devices into the prison for visiting hours.  Twice they've tried a watch with a little compartment.  One time something in a hairdo set off the alarm, but she wouldn't allow herself to be searched and had to leave.  His correspondence is carefully monitored, but he does get up to 300 (!) letters a week, down from 1000 letters/week when he was first incarcerated.  Letters in code have been intercepted. The key problem is that communications with attorneys are privileged.  Although all of Warren Jeffs' attorneys strongly deny being couriers, there have been reports of communications carried out through attorneys.  

At one point, phone privileges were rescinded because the person on the outside was using a speaker phone, which is not allowed. 

Thanks for sharing the article- I have ready "Under the Banner of Heaven" and also "The 4 O'Clock Murders".  Both give very chilling accounts of the type of control FLDS leaders excercise over their congregants.  

If I recall correctly, one of the wives of Tom Green has a child with severe disabilities.  She was smart enough to say "no more children" after that.  Tom Green is still a nutcase.

2 hours ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

Thanks for sharing the article- I have ready "Under the Banner of Heaven" and also "The 4 O'Clock Murders".  Both give very chilling accounts of the type of control FLDS leaders excercise over their congregants.  

Just checked.  The 4 O'Clock Murders is at my library.  Will pick up tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

Thank you! I just downloaded these to my Kindle. 

On 4/3/2016 at 0:30 PM, 16strong said:

The baby graveyard is sad, but what's really sad is the children living with the consequences of inbreeding. Who knows what physical and mental ailments they suffer from on a daily basis. When these children reach childbearing age, what will happen to their children? Will they even be capable of caring for them? And the poor moms who have multiple disabled children and no access to good healthcare. It is all so sad.

I am reminded of a news story I saw once, about a family group (in Turkey? I could be remembering wrong) that walks on all fours (hands and feet) because they are unable to stand upright, due to inbreeding. Frightening to think of the implications for this group of people.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:00 PM, countressrascal said:

All I can say is that the article is true-Count and I owned a medical clinic in the area for 25+ yrs and saw things that would shock the world regarding genetic in breeding I was part of Dr Taby's investigative team, then worked with the CRS (Children Rehabilitative Services) and AZ medical program to treat children that have congenital diseases, majority of our patients were FLDS. Sad part of all of this was the families that would let their children die due to lack of medical care because there were too many. We tried to get them to do genetic testing/counseling no way, however there was some light -women after the second special needs child would ask about birth control. 

In my professional opinion they need to go away. 

Bless you & Count for doing what you could to help them.  Even if you saved just one life, it was worth it.

Wikipedia has some interesting articles about inbreeding and pedigree collapse.  It is also worth reading about Charles II of Spain.  Families of Royalty could teach the FLDS a great lesson.  Too bad they have banned the internet.

A main-stream Mormon friend of mine told me that the FLDS breed for a certain color of hair, a kind of strawberry blonde.  So sad that the babies pay for the insanity of their "prophet, seer and revelator".

23 hours ago, Granwych said:

If I recall correctly, one of the wives of Tom Green has a child with severe disabilities.  She was smart enough to say "no more children" after that.  Tom Green is still a nutcase.

I wonder what became of Tom Green's wives. I know one of them began a relationship with a woman after he went to jail, but I don't know what became of the other 4 wives. Some of his wives had 6 kids by the time they were 20-ish.

3 hours ago, nana sew dear said:

Wikipedia has some interesting articles about inbreeding and pedigree collapse.  It is also worth reading about Charles II of Spain.  Families of Royalty could teach the FLDS a great lesson.  Too bad they have banned the internet.

A main-stream Mormon friend of mine told me that the FLDS breed for a certain color of hair, a kind of strawberry blonde.  So sad that the babies pay for the insanity of their "prophet, seer and revelator".

Ginger supremacists. 

I grew up near a large population of old order mennonites in Ontario. They recognized about years ago that their children were being born with higher levels of learning disabilities, mental retardation and a rare disease compared to the general population. Most of these communities have increased the groups that they will marry with and about a general ago it became quite common (and our encourage by their elders) to marry someone from their community who is from another province or from the USA. They made that change deliberately to try and increase their genetic diversity.  They haven't solved the problem and they still have higher levels of learning disabilities compared to the general population, but at least they recognized what the issue is. 

3 hours ago, nana sew dear said:

Interesting, especially given Warren Jeff's prohibition on the color red. I read "The Witness Wore Red" by Rebecca Walls (I think) a few weeks ago and it was an interesting read - different in tone than Carolyn Jessop's books, but still very enlightening (and horrifying). 

On the topic of FLDS, is anyone following this news story about the apocalypse prediction for tomorrow?

http://kutv.com/news/local/flds-people-reportedly-brace-for-apocalypse-on-wednesday

This article says that Lyle Jeffs may be released, even if their apocalypse doesn't occur.  Disappointing but apparently he's a low flight risk.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3742101-155/with-or-without-apocalypse-good-chance

Interesting and saddening article.  I've not encountered FLDS before although I do recognise Warren Jeff's name, looks like Im about to fall down another rabbit hole.  Any recommendations for background reading on this group?

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

Interesting and saddening article.  I've not encountered FLDS before although I do recognise Warren Jeff's name, looks like Im about to fall down another rabbit hole.  Any recommendations for background reading on this group?

Links posted above are good (I posted two documentaries upthread).

I also keep a pulse on this account that @Angelic83 posted: http://politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/

The FLDS have a YoutTube channel. It's not the most interesting, but it lets you see some of how they do: https://www.youtube.com/user/FLDSProductions

There are a number of other videos on YouTube if you just search for "FLDS" and click on anything you consider interesting. There was a heavily staged tv series about 2 years ago called "Breaking the Faith" that kind of covers the experience of leaving, from a heavily staged "reality" perspective. Starcasm covers this aspect: http://starcasm.net/archives/253320

Carolyn Jessop, Flora Jessop, and Elissa Wall are all really ex-FLDS who have written books about their experience (Escape, Church of Lies, Stolen Innocence) and whose names you will see a lot of (Willie Jessop. I also really enjoyed Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer. I haven't read Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs or Prophet's Prey by Sam Brower but I hear good things about them as well.

You'll also see a lot of Willie Jessop, who seems more than happy to talk to the media about his former days on the "God Squad." He has now rejected the church and opened a BnB in this building: http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/56223239-78/jessop-flds-jeffs-compound.html.csp

There are also a LOT of articles coming out lately, mainly in Utah-based newspapers like the SLTribune and Deseret News, because the church trust is under investigation for fraud and they've taken a number of the high-ups into custody (and subsequently released a bunch of them too).

Come, join me in the FLDS obsession!

Sorry about the grammar issues in that last post! My brain was all over the place and I rearranged the post a number of times before submitting. I'm on tapatalk, so I can't fix it now.

I just watched one of the hair tutorials on the YouTube channel you posted, @missegeno...I don't think I've seen anything creepier in my life. That voice!

Apricot, I enjoyed (is that the right word?!) Under The Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, and also The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.  Both are novel-like in their writing but based on real events.

22 hours ago, refugee said:

I am reminded of a news story I saw once, about a family group (in Turkey? I could be remembering wrong) that walks on all fours (hands and feet) because they are unable to stand upright, due to inbreeding. Frightening to think of the implications for this group of people.

A documentary was made about the family, called The Family That Walks On All Fours. It features the Turkish Ulas family and it was released in 2006. The whole documentary is on Youtube.

The FLDS wouldn't know about that though. Warren ordered all dogs killed when he took over. :my_cry:

2 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

The FLDS wouldn't know about that though. Warren ordered all dogs killed when he took over. :my_cry:

Wait, he seriously did that? Why am I even surprised? I don't know much about Warren because I was young when the news about his arrest and the scandal broke.

Archived