IGNORED

Raquel not completely wrong on "purity"

Petrel

She's going to church somewhere because she was bragging tweeting about leading a youth worship or something.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2016 at 6:45 PM, Terrie said:

Maybe if you referred to Him as "The Star-breather," God would like you more.

I don't much care for him so I think we're good lol.

Meh. I've always enjoyed Raquel threads because I find the inanity of teenagers (of all ages) pretty hilarious. That probably makes me very mean. :tw_flushed:

I wouldn't disagree if her threads were moved to Wide World of Snark instead, but then she still goes on "mission" trips, so...

On 4/26/2016 at 8:00 PM, nausicaa said:

Yeah, I really don't get Raquel's "niche" anymore. She is just a garden variety early 20s white chick who wears bikinis, loves margaritas and coffee, dates around, has a lame tattoo, and is down with God. Around these parts those women are pretty much a dime a dozen. 

And does she go to church? I just realized I never hear her talk about that. I feel like she'd selfie-up her church outfits a la Alyssa Bates. 

Oh, she does! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

The church she used to attend was so far away that her family only went once a month. Recently she was getting involved with IHOP, but I'm not sure where she is going to church now. 

No. :laughing-jumpingpurple: But International House of Prayer does! From what I can tell it is very cult like, but I think that they require members to spend too many hours in prayer for Raquel to stick with it. She is entirely too self-absorbed to spend that much time praying and focusing on others. 

Just now, formergothardite said:

No. :laughing-jumpingpurple: But International House of Prayer does! From what I can tell it is very cult like, but I think that they require members to spend too many hours in prayer for Raquel to stick with it. She is entirely too self-absorbed to spend that much time praying and focusing on others. 

Is IHOP the church her family is going to?

That's sad. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

No, her family is involved in another church. They are very, very into Calvinism. She briefly got involved in IHOP, but it seemed to be a short phase. Raquel's inability to stick with things and care about others probably helped her avoid getting sucked into a cult. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

No, her family is involved in another church. They are very, very into Calvinism. She briefly got involved in IHOP, but it seemed to be a short phase. Raquel's inability to stick with things and care about others probably helped her avoid getting sucked into a cult. 

Whew. Thanks.

Of course, Calvinism can be a cult all its own. BTDT. Never again.

On April 5, 2016 at 2:31 PM, iweartanktops said:

@Curious, a couple weekends ago me and @daisyd681. read through the whole blog! It was quite intense all at once. 

How are you not in a coma?  I only read one entry and I am can feel my eyes glazing over.  Her blog is better than a sleeping pill!

• 3 weeks later...

Because nothing screams purity like retweeting something about stripper names and answering (yes, thank you, Raquel,Capture purity.JPG I was dying to know what color underwear you had on). 

wait - it's all okay - she was tweeting Bible verses a few tweets before that.

Archived