IGNORED

Raquel not completely wrong on "purity"

Petrel

4 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

@Curious, a couple weekends ago me and @daisyd681. read through the whole blog! It was quite intense all at once. 

I'm surprised you have enough IQ points left to be anything other than just autonomic nervous systems now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Curious said:

Wow, her blog is like reading Cosmo for the self-righteous. 

Omg. :pb_lol: That is amazing. Can "Reading Cosmo for the self-righteous" be a post count title?

20 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

Omg. :pb_lol: That is amazing. Can "Reading Cosmo for the self-righteous" be a post count title?

where is @happy atheist?

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

@Curious, a couple weekends ago me and @daisyd681. read through the whole blog! It was quite intense all at once. 

Yeah, it was a lot. I had to keep checking that I was reading new posts and not rereading the same one over and over. I finally started reading the threads here concurrently so that it wasn't just all drivel. 

Much like Lori, Raquel pretty much just writes the same things over and over.

She is special, knows everything and won't admit when she has been a hypocrite. She is what Lori would have been like if she was able to blog in her teens/early 20's. 

4 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

I hope she doesn't grow up to be that bitter and spiteful.

She already comes across as a little bitter God hasn't sent her Prince Charming yet, The whole "It will happen in God's time thing" always strikes me as a little passive-aggressive. There's an undercurrent of "It WILL happen."

I can easily see Raquel finding her own Ken and then making life a living hell for everyone. She seems like the type who would think nothing of locking her children in their rooms for several hours a day so she can "rest". 

12 minutes ago, Terrie said:

She already comes across as a little bitter God hasn't sent her Prince Charming yet, The whole "It will happen in God's time thing" always strikes me as a little passive-aggressive. There's an undercurrent of "It WILL happen."

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I can easily see Raquel finding her own Ken and then making life a living hell for everyone. She seems like the type who would think nothing of locking her children in their rooms for several hours a day so she can "rest". 

That's why I hope she won't. Somehow. She might be a nitwit, but nobody deserves to be that unhappy, and the people around her CERTAINLY don't deserve however she'd be lashing out.

I see her in relationships where she points out all of the other person's flaws, and constantly reminds them of how they can "grow". One of my best friends in high school was that way. We are no longer friends, because she's like Raquel. She did this to every man she met, and loved to talk about how someday God will bring the right man, because she's still a virgin holding out for marriage. :roll:. She advertised it to everyone, while leaving out the detail that her precious virginity was quite technical. 

Anyway, she recently married someone after 3 months of knowing him. I don't expect it to last since I imagine he's now hearing about all the ways he can "grow," just like the others. 

From her Twitter feed. She's retweeting.  But it brings into question this 'best friends' stuff I see from her.

just friends.JPG

Doesn't she refer to one of the boys at the Peruvian orphanage as her best friend? And I swear he's under 18. Ew.

50 minutes ago, clueliss said:

If you pay attention she has a LOT of male 'best friends."

I have a hard time snarking on this because my closest friends are a couple of "Seymour's" best childhood friends. I even went on vacation with the guys (with Seymour's blessing, not behind his back) when Seymour couldn't go.

Yes, but you probably aren't putting blog posts out there that may or may not be fiction describing lovey feelings about 'friends' that may nor may not be boyfriends and may or may not be best friends and letting all get murky and weird.  Nor are you likely posting things about a best friend in Peru and posting pics on your blog and Instagram with inappropriate hugging photos of boy orphans that you visit on mission trips.  

It is the whole picture of friends that may or may not be friends.  And purity that she may or may not be following.  

I don't have issues with guys and girls being friends.  I have issue with someone who babbles about purity on her blog posting pictures like that (or in this case retweeting) when it comes in conflict with what she says elsewhere.  

On 4/3/2016 at 10:16 AM, Shoobydoo said:

Speaking of which, a short rant about how Honey I'm Good is an awesome song. Here we have a song that is EXPLICITLY about the merits of not drinking to excess and being responsible to your partner in life. I love that song because it's just so nice to hear a song that makes behaving like a decent human being sound fun. And the video is utterly adorable.

Disagree, although I really like the song. If one more drink will make you forget the partner you have and hook up with randoms you met in a bar, that doesn't exactly scream "great relationship" to me.

I even like most of Meghan Trainor's songs because they just sound fun and dance-y when I want to slide around my apt with my ipod like an idiot :pb_lol: I just try not to listen too closely to the lyrics. I think "And know we'll never see your family more than mine" is the worst line in Dear Future Husband. How could you possibly make a statement like that without even knowing who your future husband will be or what his family is like or where you/they will live? /overthink

Yep, "best friends" who she has seen twice in their life for one week once a year. She shows no concept of scale, boundaries or correct social behavior. 

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I have a hard time snarking on this because my closest friends are a couple of "Seymour's" best childhood friends. I even went on vacation with the guys (with Seymour's blessing, not behind his back) when Seymour couldn't go.

What @clueliss. said. 

Also, going to an orphanage where you hang all over the orphan boys and call them your best friends, is not the same as having a best friend who is of the opposite sex. 

A bit late but I was always amused that All About That Bass includes the line 'I'm bringing booty back'.

Honey, booty never LEFT in the first place.

I could go so many places with this one.  Frankly, you want to drink?  Fine.  You want to wear a bikini, go for it.  But is she posting a picture like this for the future husband?  Is she defrauding someone else's future husband?  

Capture 4.JPG

On 4/5/2016 at 3:37 PM, Shoobydoo said:

I like it!

Raquel seems like someone who just gets drawn into drama like a moth to the flame. She reminds me of a relative who is very romantic and is always falling for the wrong guy because he's needy and he needs her.

Because it is so pure and upstanding etc to retweet something from Bitch Problems.  No  problem with the word 'bitch' on my end.  I own my bitch status.  I do however know people who do have issues with the word.  And considering her blog and what she writes about etc, I find it ironic that she'd risk alienating her readers/followers with this.  Oh!  Wait!  We're talking Raquel who doesn't think about such things.  

By the way, the post reads (second cap)

Capture 04252016.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

She makes me so stabby!  I wish she'd pick a narrative and stick with it, beyond everything you do is wrong but when I do it it's ok and God forgives me.  Special Snowflake God loves me more.

27 minutes ago, ck29_2000 said:

She makes me so stabby!  I wish she'd pick a narrative and stick with it, beyond everything you do is wrong but when I do it it's ok and God forgives me.  Special Snowflake God loves me more.

Maybe if you referred to Him as "The Star-breather," God would like you more.

Yeah, I really don't get Raquel's "niche" anymore. She is just a garden variety early 20s white chick who wears bikinis, loves margaritas and coffee, dates around, has a lame tattoo, and is down with God. Around these parts those women are pretty much a dime a dozen. 

And does she go to church? I just realized I never hear her talk about that. I feel like she'd selfie-up her church outfits a la Alyssa Bates. 

Archived