• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Curious

announcement Free Jinger Outlook ~ Spring 2016

Enraged
Curious

It's that time of year again, when we have our theoretically quarterly updates post.  This one hopefully won't need drinks and snacks to get through ;)  I don't have a lot of prepared commentary like I sometimes do, so I'm just going to jump right into the issues.

Helpmeets

We have done some restructuring of the helpmeet team.  We have removed members of the team that were either inactive or had real life circumstances that changed and no longer allowed the time necessary to devote to being a helpmeet.   We thank all those people for the time and effort they have put into FJ and appreciate the work they did.   All of those people are welcome to return to the team if their circumstances change and they have time to devote to FJ again.   I know I will miss seeing them regularly in the helpmeet forum.

We have added some new blood to the team to fill the spots that were vacated.  These were mostly people that volunteered. There are a couple that were voluntold ;)

Tech Support (orange names)

December

Helpmeets (blue names) in no particular order:

Fundie Farmer

Arete (formerly Aretejo)

SpoonfulofSugar

ChoralCrusader8613

Criscat

Eater of Worlds

Welcome Aboard brave, brave people :)

Rule Changes

Normally I have already made changes to the rules page before I announce changes, but circumstances with the upgrade and real life have prevented that this time.  So these changes will be added tomorrowish.  They go into effect immediately, however.

*Please do not threaten to flounce repeatedly (or say things like this is my last post and then post 20 more times in the span of an hour).   This is annoying, attention seeking and disrupts threads.   This does not include the one off "joke" type I'm flouncing comments.

If you post that you are flouncing and continue posting with additional flounce comments, the following sanctions will begin:

1st offense: A no point warning

2nd offense: Banned from thread for 48 hours

3rd offense: 48 hours in the Prayer Closet or JTTH (helpmeet choice)

4th offense: 3 point warning

5th offense: 72 hour full site ban (to give you some time to cool down and regain perspective)

It is our SEVERELY fervent hope that we will never have to go past 1st offense with anyone, but measures will be in place to stop future thread disruptions if they are needed.

* We have no desire to control our member's off-site interactions and/or behavior.  We do get to control the types of things that are talked about here, however.   Please do not post accounts of trolling a fundie's blog, driving by houses, going through their trash, etc.     You are certainly free to do all those things, but giving an audience to that kind of thing is not the place FJ wants to be.  Please be careful that you do not interact in such a way as to give the impression you are a representative of Free Jinger.

Welcome New Members page

The following items are going to be listed on the Welcome New members page.   These are "unwritten" rules that we don't want to have to codify (at this time), that have sort of been lost or changed over time.   These items will be enforced if people insist on pushing boundaries.   There has been a change that many people do not like over the course of the last few months, likely due in part to the large influx of new members coming to us via the various Joshgates.   Hopefully these guidelines will help us get back on track.   We are also going to be editing the welcome message the system sends out to highlight some of the areas of the forum that will help new members acclimate/integrate more smoothly.

* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about.   It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.

* Please do not internet armchair diagnose children from pictures.   Most of these kids have no control over anything in their environment and no say in whether their lives are up for public consumption.   The last thing they need is to google themselves down the road and find out a bunch of strangers on the internet think they were on the autism spectrum or some other random diagnosis.

Duggar Forum Plan

The Duggar forum has become increasingly...unpleasant over the last few months.  Hopefully the above changes will help clean some of the problems up.   In addition to those changes, we have implemented a plan which gives helpmeets dominion over various threads to help keep them on track.  We have had an admittedly poor showing of helpmeets in the Duggar forum and that is likely part of the problem.   Each helpmeet has taken on several threads to monitor to get things back on track.

Please respect these helpmeets requests and decisions when they post in the threads, in an official capacity.  If people do not take hints, warnings will be given out until such time as the forum rights itself.

Cosmetic Forum Changes

* We have deleted the unused AMA Q&A forum

* There is a new Quiverfull of Bateseseses forum for all your Bateses snarking needs (please remember we are NOT a Bates fan site)

* Quiverfull of Hobbies has been merged into Quiverfull of Wordlly Distractions

* Quiverfull of Worldly Distractions has been further organized to make finding the threads you want easier

* A forum for Lawn Care and Gardening has been added (per member request)

* A forum for Home Renovation, DYI, Decor and Decorating has been added

I think that is everything we have to report at this time.  Questions and comments are welcome, as always.

ClaraOswin

So I just clicked on my activity stream...the one I created a while back. And it wasn't showing me any unread posts even though I haven't been here since earlier. I clicked "everything" and the only posts it's showing are things from June. Any clue what the problem is? (Not sure if this is the right place to ask.)

Waffle Time
HerNameIsBuffy
9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So I just clicked on my activity stream...the one I created a while back. And it wasn't showing me any unread posts even though I haven't been here since earlier. I clicked "everything" and the only posts it's showing are things from June. Any clue what the problem is? (Not sure if this is the right place to ask.)

Please post this in the tech support forum  - thanks.

Unimpressed
CyborgKin

I see there's also a new Maxhell forum too.  Shiny!

Good work, and thanks!

Enraged
Curious
1 minute ago, CyborgKin said:

I see there's also a new Maxhell forum too.  Shiny!

Good work, and thanks!

Yes, I actually added the Maxwell and Zsu/PP forums after I made that post when looking through the forum and talking with the helpmeets.

This way merging won't need to be as aggressive and their whole FJ history is in one place.  We will see how it works and may give some of the  other popular families their own living quarters eventually.

ShepherdontheRock

"please remember we are NOT a Bates fan site"

I love it.

Waffle Time
HerNameIsBuffy
On 3/27/2016 at 0:58 AM, Curious said:

Yes, I actually added the Maxwell and Zsu/PP forums after I made that post when looking through the forum and talking with the helpmeets.

This way merging won't need to be as aggressive and their whole FJ history is in one place.  We will see how it works and may give some of the  other popular families their own living quarters eventually.

I'm not suggesting the Naugler's - but if that ever happens I hope we give them a working toilet and a kitchen for sanitary food preparation.  And some brains.  

Mischievous
DarkAnts

Curious, perhaps my bunny can cheer up your bunny 

image.jpeg

Nervous
church_of_dog

We had lovely spring weather today and I spent almost the entire day outside, working in the yard and visiting with friends.  In the evening, I came in and took a look at the computer and thought I might see what's new at FJ.  It has actually seemed quite mellow to me here for the last week or so (of course, I only generally focus on certain threads, but still).  Anyway, I was perusing along, enjoying my Willy Wonka updates and other lighthearted fun, and then suddenly I got a glimpse of @Curious' new avatar... :scared-yipes:

Edited by church_of_dog
trying to make @ work

Enraged
Curious
8 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

image.jpeg

Is this your real pet bunny?   I love bunnies so much.  I desperately want one!

6 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Anyway, I was perusing along, enjoying my Willy Wonka updates and other lighthearted fun, and then suddenly I got a glimpse of @Curious' new avatar... :scared-yipes:

Sorry.  I felt like it was only fair to warn people of my current mood.

Kind of a big "poke at your own risk" sign ;)

blessalessi

I just need to say thank you to whoever is responsible for making my life complete with the new Maxhell board. :D

Nervous
church_of_dog
1 hour ago, Curious said:

No need to apologize; totally understood.  It wasn't the scary image that I reacted to as much as understanding what it implied.  My thoughts were along the lines of:  "What NOW?  What the hell happened here while I was gone?  Why can't people just play nicely and remember not to throw the football in the house?  THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!"

Satisfied
ALM7
23 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, Curious said:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!  @DarkAnts Hide your bunny!  

::I think a Demon Bunny is impersonating sweet little Fluffy Bunny:::devilish:

treehugger

Yay! We have awesome helpmeets, new and old!  Although, I won't recognize @Arete anymore with the name change.  

Mischievous
DarkAnts
On March 31, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Curious said:

Kind of a big "poke at your own risk" sign

Yes it's my real pet bunny. She is a house rabbit. I purchased a harness and leash so she can play outside. They make great pets if you do,your research.

THERetroGamerNY

...somebody said bunnies??

I own two bun-buns! :)

Mischievous
DarkAnts
On April 1, 2016 at 9:01 PM, ALM7 said:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!  @DarkAnts Hide your bunny!  

::I think a Demon Bunny is impersonating sweet little Fluffy Bunny:::devilish:

My bunny is brave. She chases the cats when they get too close. 

Enraged
Curious

@DarkAnts I love your bunny's coloring.  I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that.  I want a house bunny SO bad!   Unfortunately, I don't think one would integrate into our current household very well :(  Maybe some day, though :)