Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
habert

Jeremiah at ALERT?

Recommended Posts

habert

Pickles has posted that Jeremiah is at Alert. I'm on my phone so I'm having trouble linking/verifying. She seems to think that Jed is not at Alert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

I just posted this in Duggars by the dozen. Looks legit, Jeer has very short hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiverofdoubt

What's the purpose of sending someone to alert? is it something the kid wants to do, a "fun, educational/challenging training" camp, like the duggars imply? is more of a brainwashing camp? a form of punishment? what's the goal, exactly?

Like, journey to the heart- it seems like a reprogramming/punishment thing, unless you're one of the goody goods who gets to lead then it may be more enjoyable.  Is it kind of the equivalent of that?

in other words, assuming this is true, did he go willingly because it sounded like fun, or is this more of a forced thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FundieFarmer

I told a friend who held a leadership position in the military about alert, and he called it "creepy, paramilitary shit that the military hates". Evidently these civilian guerrilla things are not viewed positively for a ton of reasons...not the least of which is the disciplinary & religious malarkey. So...interesting assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LawsonBatesEgo

I just googled and Jer is the one that has always looked a little over this family and its crap, so I wouldn't be surprised if Boob decided it was time for some reprogramming before he turns 18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShepherdontheRock
16 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

What's the purpose of sending someone to alert? is it something the kid wants to do, a "fun, educational/challenging training" camp, like the duggars imply? is more of a brainwashing camp? a form of punishment? what's the goal, exactly?

Like, journey to the heart- it seems like a reprogramming/punishment thing, unless you're one of the goody goods who gets to lead then it may be more enjoyable.  Is it kind of the equivalent of that?

in other words, assuming this is true, did he go willingly because it sounded like fun, or is this more of a forced thing?

I always got that impression about ALERT...didn't Josiah go there several times? Cueing the speculation that he's the family black sheep?

13 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I told a friend who held a leadership position in the military about alert, and he called it "creepy, paramilitary shit that the military hates". Evidently these civilian guerrilla things are not viewed positively for a ton of reasons...not the least of which is the disciplinary & religious malarkey. So...interesting assessment.

Doesn't surprise me for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
season of life

ALERT always sounded shady as hell to me. Let your kids join the military, not these creepy faux military camps. But that would mean allowing your kids to look at other perspectives and being with different types of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
choralcrusader8613
1 minute ago, season of life said:

ALERT always sounded shady as hell to me. Let your kids join the military, not these creepy faux military camps. But that would mean allowing your kids to look at other perspectives and being with different types of people.

And supporting the ebil government that goes against their beliefs. Can't have that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

Basic training takes 9 weeks and costs about $4,000 with equipment.

Emergency Response Training lasts 10 weeks and costs $4,000.

After that you can go for more training such as aviation, FAA accredited.

Fundies won't let their boys join the real military for all the reasons already mentioned, and they would have to commit to several years.

As for their daughters joining :laughing-rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShepherdontheRock
35 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

And supporting the ebil government that goes against their beliefs. Can't have that!

So much for all the patriotism they claim to have.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
season of life

People like the Duggars only thank veterans because it makes them look good. I would love to see them react to a female servicemember. Ugh.

If the boys joined the military (they ain't letting their girls join), they could get benefits like the GI Bill. It would take a financial load off Jim Bob and Michelle and the boys would be getting a paycheck. 

But no, let them stay in TTH till the day they die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
infooverload

The whole not letting their kids join the military is interesting, since we know these families are not pacifist. I was actually surprised when I saw Zach Bates actually went through the police academy. Considering police are exposed to so many different viewpoints and situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrchidBlossom
3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

What's the purpose of sending someone to alert? is it something the kid wants to do, a "fun, educational/challenging training" camp, like the duggars imply? is more of a brainwashing camp? a form of punishment? what's the goal, exactly?

Like, journey to the heart- it seems like a reprogramming/punishment thing, unless you're one of the goody goods who gets to lead then it may be more enjoyable.  Is it kind of the equivalent of that?

in other words, assuming this is true, did he go willingly because it sounded like fun, or is this more of a forced thing?

It is basically re-education. I think, much like how Jana went on to become a JTTH leader, some boys go to ALERT willingly, but they are also often sent their for being rebellious. I think it's basically you go there to get reprogrammed and then once you are on board, you get to help reprogram others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarWatch
5 hours ago, season of life said:

ALERT always sounded shady as hell to me. Let your kids join the military, not these creepy faux military camps. But that would mean allowing your kids to look at other perspectives and being with different types of people.

The Duggar kids can't join the military.  None of them has a high school diploma and most have not passed the GED exam.  Even with just a GED, you also have to have 15 college credits.  Also, I doubt that any could get a qualifying score on the ASVAB test, which is also required: http://official-asvab.com/samples_app.htm

Edited by DuggarWatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jas

I wonder if they are planning to send Jed when Jer comes back? If they went together they would have more chance of withstanding the brainwashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

He's the only Duggar boy with a decent head of hair and they shaved it all off. Oi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 cats and counting

One of the twins has always been the creative artsy type but I can't remember which one?

Perhaps ALERT is to brainwash that out of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
socalrules

Maybe going to Alert is like wealthy people sending their kids to expensive boarding schools. It is a point of pride and envy in the fundy community. Like a fundy Caste system, if you can't afford to go then your family is not one of the special families. $4k for a 9 or 10 week worthless program is ridiculous. Some private schools cost less than that for the whole school year. I wonder how most families pay for it. How do they decide which son gets to go? I can't imagine that families can afford to send every son to Alert. It is interesting that Joseph was allowed to go to Alert and go to Crown College for a year. Maybe Jim Bob has plans for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7

JD went to the guy version of JTTH, and I don't think he ever went to ALERT, the only Duggar male not to do so. I've always wondered why that was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
4 hours ago, jas said:

I wonder if they are planning to send Jed when Jer comes back? If they went together they would have more chance of withstanding the brainwashing.

But Jed is the older one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiverofdoubt
9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Maybe going to Alert is like wealthy people sending their kids to expensive boarding schools. It is a point of pride and envy in the fundy community. Like a fundy Caste system, if you can't afford to go then your family is not one of the special families. $4k for a 9 or 10 week worthless program is ridiculous. Some private schools cost less than that for the whole school year. I wonder how most families pay for it. How do they decide which son gets to go? I can't imagine that families can afford to send every son to Alert. It is interesting that Joseph was allowed to go to Alert and go to Crown College for a year. Maybe Jim Bob has plans for him. 

Not to mention most of the gothard fundies are struggling to get by as it is, some are really bad off. 4$k would never be able to happen. Maybe they have a scholarship program? i doubt it, because these programs main objectives are to 1) get money 2) convert more people so they can do more of 1)make money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone

My guess is they are sending him because he's a flight risk.  They must see some sort of free thinking in him and need to nip that in the bud before it gets to out of control.  The fact that he was allowed to go after just turning 17 when the rules state you must be 18 tells me he was a serious risk of making a run for it, I'm guessing both boys were hence sending one away and keeping one close to home. Divide and conquer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blessalessi

Is Alert the more punitive, labour-based version, while JTTH is the more guilt-laden introspection-focused one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShepherdontheRock

I feel like so many of the kids go to reprogramming camp of some kind that it's almost a rite of passage.

I wonder if they'll be more vigilant at sending kids to those camps in years to come...or if they'll stop caring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.