IGNORED

To snark watch or not to snark watch

Edhelfin

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

I don't believe that Nielsen is the only way they capture viewer data. It might be the "official" way, but I think they take information from every digital box the cable and satellite companies provide. It doesn't make business sense to rely only on estimates like Nielsen instead of the  more comprehensive, real time data that digital boxes provide. 

I am completely ignorant when it comes to TV. However, considering how personalized and demand based internet and everything else is becoming (I hate the recommendations and personalized ads, it is like constant commercial stalking) I am sure there are ways businesses harvest viewer data that is not Nielsen generated.

Buzzard recaps are enough for me.

I never want to support them by getting ad points, so if I must watch them, I do so on youtube or on one of those streaming sites.

But more importantly, most of what they do is BORING. I don't understand why going grocery shopping or curling hair, or making pickles is so captivating. I don't like the Kardashians either, but I'd rather watch Kim lose an earring.

And the interviews creeped me out.

Archived