IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

No, you're just holding Doug to his own standards. And as usual, he's failing miserably. 

And I keep noticing in these pictures that whereever DWP is, he doesn't seem to be with his family.  Not a fan of him, but I do feel bad for his children and wonder what will happen to them.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lurrrrrve the glasses of the woman on the right side of the pic (on @pook's post, bottom of previous page). 

That's a seriously shit-eating Dougie grin, like maybe he's a little loaded or high. 

Where is Tool's family and where are the vintagy glasses wearing young woman's families in all of this dress-up?  ...right...

9 minutes ago, pook said:

Where is Tool's family and where are the vintagy glasses wearing young woman's families in all of this dress-up?  ...right...

Yes, why are these young women out from under their fathers' umbrellas of protection? And who is protecting Liberty, Faith, Jubilee, and Virginia whilst Doug is gallivanting in Europe with strange women? 

I guess everyone is just swingin' from the chandeliers in VF Land these days. Anything goes. No need to even keep up appearances anymore. 

I've never followed the Dougie stuff very closely (only enough to understand that he is definitely a tool) but holy what. I need to go back and educate myself on this plotline. Fundies co-opting vintage / 1940s stuff is my trigger.

59 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, why are these young women out from under their fathers' umbrellas of protection? And who is protecting Liberty, Faith, Jubilee, and Virginia whilst Doug is gallivanting in Europe with strange women? 

I guess everyone is just swingin' from the chandeliers in VF Land these days. Anything goes. No need to even keep up appearances anymore. 

I like Sia and chandeliers, tools not so much.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well it appears that Doug is living in Durango, CO now. Not sure about Be-All.

WHAT???????  Details please. 

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

WHAT???????  Details please. 

Well, I noticed that a lot of the various and sundry pin up models and other ladies who comment on his facebook posts are from Durango, so I googled his name + Durango and an address pops up.

ETA: not the first result, scroll down a bit.

9 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well, I noticed that a lot of the various and sundry pin up models and other ladies who comment on his facebook posts are from Durango, so I googled his name + Durango and an address pops up.

ETA: not the first result, scroll down a bit.

Looks like Beall lives there too! 

PHILLIPS, DOUG WINSTON was born in 1965 and he registered to vote, giving his address as 852 E 5TH AVE, DURANGO, La Plata County, CO. His voter ID number is 601524509.

PHILLIPS, ELIZABETH BEALL was born in 1967 and she registered to vote, giving her address as 852 E 5TH AVE, DURANGO, La Plata County, CO. Her voter ID number is 601524510.

https://coloradovoters.info

7 hours ago, pook said:

?raspberry cordial

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 7.55.39 AM.png

Are any of them his daughters?

I can't believe that Doug is hanging out with the non fundie vintage / lindy hop crowd now. Where is Beall in all of this?

1 hour ago, Clementine said:

I can't believe that Doug is hanging out with the non fundie vintage / lindy hop crowd now. Where is Beall in all of this?

The one closest to him looks like she could be related, but I'm pretty sure she's not one of his girls. 

Who are all of these young women, Doug?

I hope its at least consensual what he is most likely doing with them behind Beall's back.

9 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Looks like Beall lives there too! 

https://coloradovoters.info

OK, this makes zip sense to me.  

None.  First, Durango is not a cheap place to live, especially not right in town where their address is listed.  Are there 7 kids left at home or 5?  That said, if Texans are going to go somewhere hip, it will be Durango.  Sweet little town (just under 20,000)  focused on the outdoors, clogged with tourists in summer, with a small-ish college and a river runs through it.  It's where you go if you want to ski/hike/mountainbike/run/showshoe/kayak your brains out, every day and head to the local brewpubs at night.  It is primarily a service economy.  

Does DW hope to become a sought-after cinematographer?  Pass the Colorado bar?

And here's the other thing that drives me nuts about these people.  WTF.  You blog and blog and FB and FB and your extreme change of venue is unmentioned? If they did mention this in a blog or fb, please send a link. 

So, I see a couple of potential scenarios.  

One, the Phillips family had a massive windfall and can afford to live anywhere.

Two, the Phillips family is poor as church mice and someone offered them their vacation/rental house in Durango.  If they registered to vote, they are there for longer than a visit.  

Gobsmacked! 

ETA:  Did a little sleuthing on Beall's FB.  There is a little inset pic of her and The Doug.  The backdrop is red sandstone typical of some areas of SE Utah (think Moab), and a few places in SW Colorado.  Realistically, about an hour to two hours west of Durango.  It must be true but I just can't wrap my head around it. 

Also, Beall's fb isn't current; she hasn't posted in over a year. I'll check her blog. 

Continuing:  Beall blogs at the eponymous Beall's Blog: beallsblog.com/  In Beall's bio at the end of the blog, she says this: "Our life together began caring for horses and cows in the morning and going to classes together in law school at night." I'd be curious to know if she graduated and how she went from law school to stay at home mom. 

She writes well and beautifully about her love for her husband and children.  If I didn't know about their toxic patriarchal beliefs, I'd be inspired by Beall's post on How to Prepare for the Rest of 2017.   But the whole thing is so carefully curated to not get into changed beliefs or anything about anything. 

In another post on peanut soup, I thought this was interesting:  "Half of my children are adults now, moving into new and exciting stages of life."  Are all of the oldest kids boys?  Are any of the girls living away from home?  

At the end of Beall's blog posts, there's a Q and A with Beall and Doug.  Vision Forum is finis, of course. 

And this: 

Q: Are you interested in running a ministry, working in church leadership, or running for political office?

A: I have zero interest. (Doug)

and there's this: 

Q: Have there been any significant changes in your thinking?

A:  Plenty. It is impossible to go through an experience like we have as a family over the last years without being challenged and deeply affected.  We have real struggles and mountains to climb, but our faith is strong.  And we are growing. We have a lot further to go and more to learn.

So, not giving anything away in the only area of interest.  Jeebus, that drives me nuts. 

This feels like deja vu; I may have posted on Beall's blog before.  Anyway, the blog started in early Nov. 2016.  Not a word on where they live, but maybe they don't want to risk confrontation with disgruntled ex NCFIC people. 

ETA: Per Beall's Instagram, they are back in Texas (I think). The Instagram posts are not dated. 

My pure speculation based on social media is that she is splitting time between Texas, where the older daughters live, and Colorado, where Doug lives. I could be wrong though.

7 hours ago, Clementine said:

Nope. Sure look young enough to be though. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Continuing:  Beall blogs at the eponymous Beall's Blog: beallsblog.com/  In Beall's bio at the end of the blog, she says this: "Our life together began caring for horses and cows in the morning and going to classes together in law school at night." I'd be curious to know if she graduated and how she went from law school to stay at home mom. 

Pretty sure Dougie once said that she "could have" been a lawyer because she was so smart.  I can't find where he said it but I thought he implied at one time that she came along to a few of his law classes or something, not that she was ever enrolled in law school.  DWT, do you remember?  You tend to have a good memory for this sort of thing. 

From Beall's blog post...

I loved genetics in school. I especially loved the charts we made showing all the possibilities in the gene pool.

If she never got past doing Mendelian sweet pea charts, she really didn't go far with her genetics studies.  :\  SOTDRT strikes again!!! 

Well, just another example of a woman's intellectual potential sacrificed to support the guy, regardless of his abilities.

If she's in Texas part time, do the girls live somewhere unsupervised for part of the year?  I'm so curious to know if a lot of the SAHD movement people have loosened up on that belief when the daughters get to a certain age (we're talking about you, Penningtons).  The Phillipses and the Penningtons have to know each other.  They lived geographically not far apart and a church the Penningtons attended for a bit was a sister church to Boerne Christian Assembly, plus the whole SAHD deal. 

There's a part of me that wants to know.  There's another part that respects them for not splashing their children's lives across the internet.  The kids can start their own blogs when they are ready, I guess.  BUT, they influenced many families to take up highly toxic and damaging beliefs about child rearing and gender roles.  If they have changed those beliefs, the do owe the world an explanation, and not some generic "Of course we've changed" b.s.. 

23 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

If she never got past doing Mendelian sweet pea charts, she really didn't go far with her genetics studies.  :\  SOTDRT strikes again!!! 

She graduated from William and Mary...

Just now, ladyamylynn said:

She graduated from William and Mary...

Yep, I know.  I just really, really hope it wasn't in genetics. 

Well, remember they did have that huge yard sale because they were moving into a much smaller house.  They just didn't mention the move was to CO.  

Per Realtor.com this house was built in 1903 and has 4 beds, 2 baths, 1,332 sq ft, 4,792 sq ft lot, and is now off the market.  Price is estimated at $554,151 - Yes, I'd say Durango is pretty expensive.

I'll speculate that they've all moved there, except for JTitus and Justice.  (Justice is off doing his own thing and JTitus is still off courting the Sproul girl.)  

Doug and Beall wouldn't leave the little ewe lambs alone in TX.  So I'm guessing Beall is living there with the girls and Honor.  That house is going to feel really cramped compared to what they were used to in TX.

Doug will be fine though - he's apparently off tripping the light fantastic with nubile young fillies in vintage glasses.  

So young Justice is 22 now.  Doug's ugly duckling has grown into his face and cleans up very nicely.  I find him better looking than Jtits who has too many teeth for my taste.  Justice needs to get rid of the straggly beard permanently though.  It does not suit him.

Those were some fascinating pictures. Good find! Also, very true, the comment about how its perfectly fine for DPIAT to run around with pretty girls, but his own daughters still can't go off to college. I sure hope they get out of this mess fast.

Continuing part three of Doug and Lourdes David and Bathsheba. I've bolded a few of the parts that stuck out to me.

After going over the background, DPIAT invites his son, Joshua, to come up and read. He sounds to be about 10-12, and reads fairly well, but far too quickly for public reading. He reads from 2 Samuel 11, covering David’s affair, and Uriah’s death.

There are 6 things Doug wants to discuss regarding David’s temptation.

1) David wasn’t doing what he was supposed to be doing as a king

He should have been at war with his army, instead of at home watching women, in contrast to Uriah who won’t go home during the battle.

2) Bathsheba was immorally and inappropriately publicly exposed in a manner in which she should have known better

She is publicly exposed, and doesn’t need to be. Before there was the internet and mass media, there were still women exposing themselves in manners they shouldn’t. There has always been sin.

3) David was a man of great position and influence who used them inappropriately

Let this be a warning to every man in a position of executive leadership, every man of wealth, every father over a household, that there is a warning in Scripture against abuse by authority. Even though we talk about men being leaders and being strong this should never translate into men abusing their authority. You don’t own your wife and children.

4) Bathsheba is not forced into adultery

There is no indication that she is coerced or forced, but she ultimately participates in the adultery

5) Understand the progression that takes place in David’s mind

David begins by seeing Bathsheba, then obsessing on her, then asking for information about her

6) David did not necessarily set out to commit a sin

Doug gives a analogy: Fathers are kings of their household and engaged in a battle for their family. If you’re comfortable in your position of power and leadership, and take your mind off the battle, it will wander to places where it shouldn’t ‘t go. You are a warrior for life, and you must be ever-vigilant. When you stop being vigilant you start to engage in fantasy. Be wise enough to recognize the deceptiveness of your own heart.

The cover up:

Bathsheba lets David know that she is pregnant, and David looks for some way to cover up his sin. Doug addresses the children in the audience and tells them that when you do wrong the tendency is to blame someone else, or to cover it up, or to hide from it. Dads must make it painful (not in an abusive way) for their sons to get away with cover-ups. While the Phillips children know that their father loves them and will happily forgive them “if I discover they are lying I will deal with it” because Doug can’t afford lying tongues to develop in the hearts of his children. Doug’s children get hot pepper sauce in addition to the rod to remind them of the burning of the wickedness of the tongue. Doug says he is always looking for hotter and hotter sauce.

Doug contrasts “the purity and nobility of Uriah” who just wants to be about the business of men, with David who’s trying to cover his sin. Doug suggests that from the time of adultery to this, David’s heart has gone cold, and his joy in God is dead. He seems to have little concern about this affair, and doesn’t feel repentance.

In order to cover up his wickedness, David has Uriah killed because he won’t go home to sleep with his wife. Doug thinks the adultery is horrible, but killing the man by using him like a pawn is a horrible crime. Doug wonders if we don’t do the same thing sometimes with our own children and wives, and use them to cover our sins.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Pretty sure Dougie once said that she "could have" been a lawyer because she was so smart.  I can't find where he said it but I thought he implied at one time that she came along to a few of his law classes or something, not that she was ever enrolled in law school.  DWT, do you remember? 

After her graduation from William & Mary it gets murky, but I don't believe she ever got a law degree, because if she had, both she and Doug would have been flaunting how she had the option of going to court every day and arguing with penis-ed people but chose to be a good, obedient woman instead. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived