IGNORED

Look out Michelle and JimBoob... a little competition coming your way from Pakistan!

holierthanyou

Oh but don't you know that is only counts if the family is white, American, Christian and photogenic (sarcasm)

Well, glad to read that he wants to educate his children well. But 100?

100?!? I tried, but the kindest thing I could come up with was "idiot".

Fathers aren't only sperm-donors. They are parents. There is no way you can be a good parent to a hundred children, each day. No way. That isn't parenting, it's abandoning your children.

As far as I'm concerned, his 100 children are a vanity project. I do not approve of anything that hurts children. Least of all vanity projects.

He'd better get a couple more wives... what an asshat.

There's no way this side of hell he can educate those kids.  His goal IS TO, which means he isn't already, even though some of the kids have to be teenagers by now.

He needs to put his teeny weeny away.

He's definitely going to need a few more wives.  Even at 20 kids/wife he'll need two more.  I can't even imagine how to school them.  He'd need his own school!  What a bizarre goal.  100 kids.  You can't have any meaningful relationship with any of them.  Not to mention there will be a slew in the middle that he won't know at all.  

Nobody should set a goal for how many children they want. I think that every person has a personal number of children that is the limit for them, based on their personality, resources they have (kids don't need fancy things, but it is irresponsible to add more children to a family that is struggling to get by with the number of people they currently have in it, or has such little space they have to resort to making shelf beds to fit 9 kids in one bedroom) and other factors in their lives.

Some people might be able to, and enjoy taking care of a large family and be able to raise 8 kids well, but some people might get worn out and overwhelmed at the thought of adding a second child. Setting a goal, like a lot of fundies do (even whether it is "I am not going to use birth control, I am going to have as many babies as God gives me") doesn't work, and it leads to the parents being disappointed if life doesn't go their way, or feeling like they have to have so many children but instead they feel burnt out, dreading having another, struggling to provide them with resources and attention and meet all of their needs at once. It is bad for the children as well-they can pick up on the fact that their parents see them as just a number or a status symbol, miss out on things their friends have, or things they really need, because their parents couldn't actually afford to have a tenth kid. They might feel neglected because their parents cant dedicate much time to them as there are too many children who want them and they cant cope with the amount they have.

Nobody can be a father to 100 kids and be a good father to all of them. How can he even remember all of their names and ages? With 100 kids with multiple women, how can he make sure that all of his children and their mothers are provided for-he has a duty to do his part, and stretching his resources between 100 kids is impossible. How much of a father can one man be to 100 kids-bet he isn't going to be the one changing diapers, getting up in the night, taking them to school, spending time with them, teaching them things. He wont be able to be there for all of the important moments-his children taking their first steps, their first words, starting school, losing their first tooth, spending birthdays and holidays with them (even as a family, all the children and their mothers under the same roof, there is still a lot of people to pay attention to). There is no way that one person can know all the things a dad should know with 100 kids-when their birthday is, what they like and dislike, their favourite foods, what subjects they like at school, what they are good at...and how will the kids develop a loving relationship with their dad if they have to share him with 100 siblings. Lets say that there are 10 women, 10 kids each...how can he spend time with all of them as a family? Either everyone is together and gets lost in the crowd-like in the Duggar house, they think that they spend more time with their kids than average parents as their kids don't go to school or anything, but they tend to ignore the kids and some of the quieter ones get forgotten. The other option is spending time with them in groups, but that would mean they would only see their dad a few times a month, and still have to share that time with their full siblings. He will just end up another irresponsible deadbeat dad whose contribution to them ended when he ejaculated.

The thing is in those cultures, it is normal to have multiple wives and kids so they may not see it in terms of kids getting one on one attention or concerns over resources. In fact, some of the Eastern cultures consider American/Western culture selfish, because people commonly limit family size to have more things, which is a common QF sentiment.. While it's good to think about the kids' education, he bit off more than he can chew. 

• 1 month later...

His favourite is his oldest daughter

You're not supposed to admit favourites!

When papa comes home I always open the door for him so he doesn't have to stand outside

You want 100 kids but you don't how to open the front door? 

This is one where I'd be SEVERELY interested in a follow up series. Hopefully one that shows failure and that he wound up treasuring who he has.

Girl can dream.

How about this comment in the comment section of the article?

But what about those men with hypersexuality? Will you condemn them for just being who they are and force them to use unlawful means to sate their urges? Or will you pump them full of drugs while ignoring the side effects to their health?

Women can be hypersexual too. But i guess female needs get ignored.

On 5/15/2016 at 4:38 PM, Toothfairy said:

Well Michelle you're out numbered. But who wants 100 kids

If God allowed Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar to have 100 kids, they would say they want 101. Always trying for more!

I've been doing some reading on the quiverful / "letting the lord plan my family" lifestyle lately, and it appears to me that most of the families practicing don't actively try every month like M & JB alluded that they do (or did). Most women don't track ovulation down to the very minute, and a good majority have under ten kids by their 40's. The general mindset is that using fertility treatments is going against Gods plan, as is actively planning for children. They'll come when God sees fit. Interesting contrast to the lifestyle a lot of these fundies lead where they are going for as many children as possible.

Don't some of the polygamists have +100 kids - Warren Jeffs, I'm looking at you with your jailed micro peen.

I bet JB sees them, and gets jealous of their minions (and the sex).  

On 2016-03-25 at 8:30 AM, roddma said:

The thing is in those cultures, it is normal to have multiple wives and kids so they may not see it in terms of kids getting one on one attention or concerns over resources. In fact, some of the Eastern cultures consider American/Western culture selfish, because people commonly limit family size to have more things, which is a common QF sentiment.. While it's good to think about the kids' education, he bit off more than he can chew. 

This is a little prejudice in my view, most Muslim families consist of one man and one wife so while polygamy is allowed it is not the norm in most places. Most Muslims haven't even met a person involved in a polygamous relationship.

16 minutes ago, elliha said:

This is a little prejudice in my view, most Muslim families consist of one man and one wife so while polygamy is allowed it is not the norm in most places. Most Muslims haven't even met a person involved in a polygamous relationship.

Actually the rule is you can have as many wives as you want as long as you can support all of them. Most people can't even think of it, and some of the people that actuallh can afford it, don't want to even think of it

12 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Actually the rule is you can have as many wives as you want as long as you can support all of them. Most people can't even think of it, and some of the people that actuallh can afford it, don't want to even think of it

Your comment is irrelevant to what I said. Your comment is also incorrect. A man cannot have more than 4 wives at one time. He also must be able to support them emotionally and financially and treat them equally. Some Muslims feel that this means that polygamy is only a theoretical possibility for extreme situations and exceptional men like the prophet himself but that for most people it is too hard. Others just don't want to engage in it and as it is not something you have to do they just don't. Some might want to but cannot afford it. In some countries it is also a common to put in the woman's marriage contract that she has the right to divorce if the man wants a second wife. 

8 hours ago, elliha said:

I don't think the statement was prejudiced. We are discussing a man in Pakistan who has three wives and wants to have 100 children.  The practice of polygamy may be as rare in Muslim countries as it is in the US, but it is not forbidden or looked down upon.  

The statement you saw as prejudiced was trying to point out that not everyone has the same standards we (middle-class "European-American" semi-secular materialsts) have.  We have an ideal about the amount of (and type of) attention a child should have, the material goods, education, etc. which is (when you think of it) elitist.  The post you were replying to suggested that to judge the polygamous man harshly for wanting more children than he could spend "quality time" with was a bit ethnocentric.  It sounded the opposite of prejudiced to me, though the position may have been unclear.

7 hours ago, elliha said:

<snip>. A man cannot have more than 4 wives at one time. He also must be able to support them emotionally and financially and treat them equally. Some Muslims feel that this means that polygamy is only a theoretical possibility for extreme situations and exceptional men like the prophet himself but that for most people it is too hard. Others just don't want to engage in it and as it is not something you have to do they just don't. Some might want to but cannot afford it. In some countries it is also a common to put in the woman's marriage contract that she has the right to divorce if the man wants a second wife. 

You are right to urge us not to overgeneralize about polygamy among Muslims.  A lot of times things may be permitted by a religion but are not necessarily a widespread practice.  

On 5/17/2016 at 10:59 AM, imokit said:

Don't some of the polygamists have +100 kids - Warren Jeffs, I'm looking at you with your jailed micro peen.

I bet JB sees them, and gets jealous of their minions (and the sex).  

Winston Blackmore in Bountiful has 155. 

And Michelle will never achieve what this woman apparently did. Holy mother of mothers, Batman!

www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-prolific-mother-ever

Archived