IGNORED

Vegan Recipes

Marianne

Field Roast breakfast sausages are so good. I could eat those daily. 

My favorite vegan cookbooks are Chloe's Kitchen (Chloe Coscarelli), Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen (same), and Oh She Glows (Angela Liddon). Angela in particular has a lot of recipes on her blog. I really, really try to avoid fake meat substitutes, but as an occasional treat they're pretty good. I also really like Chloe's tofu ricotta for lasagna and stuffed shells. YUM. It fooled my omnivore dad and boyfriend and my vegetarian mother. Win-win! 

On 3/22/2016 at 0:25 AM, Kailash said:

I've never heard of Veef. I love Tofutti sour cream though!

My favorite vegan food right now is Jackfruit Tamales. We get them already made from a health food store (I can't remember the name of it right now.) They are so delicious. I had a hard time believing it wasn't pork the first time I ate them.

I have a can of jackfruit in my cabinet that I need to use. I'm not a huge fan of meat substitutes, but I've read some really good reviews on Jackfruit. 

On 5/17/2016 at 3:40 PM, formergothardite said:

I have a can of jackfruit in my cabinet that I need to use. I'm not a huge fan of meat substitutes, but I've read some really good reviews on Jackfruit. 

If you try it, let us know how you liked it. My husband likes it too, but not as much as I do. I'm curious for someone else to see what they think.

Pineapple fried rice (vegan)
3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
1 can chunk pineapple
1/2 cup raw cashews
10 oz onions (chopped)
10 oz carrots (chopped)
1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
2 shallots (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped or pressed)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
vegetable stock (can use chicken too)

Stir fry with vegetable stock all the ingredients but the rice
Mix in a large bowl the rice and stir-fry and then add the soy sauce

Best part about this is you can add pretty much any vegetable you want in the stir-fry.  This is just the basic recipe (you could add meat to this if you wanted, but this is a vegan/vegetarian thread).  I've added frozen peas, broccoli, and green beans.

That soup is delicious! It's kind of warm for soup today but we've been having rain off and on so it's still good. I love the flavors of the soup, and added brown rice on the side.

Archived