IGNORED

What's your TV low point?

RoseWilder

I used to binge watch all those shows that were on VH1 whenever they were on. Flavor of Love. I Love New York. I Love New York 2. Real Chance of Love. Rock of Love. The Surreal Life. My Fair Brady. Charm School, both seasons. I Love Money. Talk about television lows.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Straight 8 hours of Say Yes to the Dress. I stopped once I hit the point where no dress could be considered classy or pretty anymore. 

I watched every episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life over the Memorial Day weekend. I found the lady so obnoxious that I couldn't look away. At one point she made her best friend drive five hours overnight to rub her feet for her and I was like, what the hell am I watching?

29 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I watched every episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life over the Memorial Day weekend. I found the lady so obnoxious that I couldn't look away. At one point she made her best friend drive five hours overnight to rub her feet for her and I was like, what the hell am I watching?

Just from the previews alone, I don't think I'd be able to watch that show. She seems so obnoxious, like you said. I'm all for shows portraying happy overweight people, but her claims in the preview for this season of "I want to be fat!" or "I love being fat!" or however she said it when she clearly has some health problems are just dangerous, imo. This is coming from someone who's also got weight problems, and it's just my opinion.

A whole Saturday of Breaking Bonaduce. When I went to the bathroom I actually looked in the mirror and thought about what the hell I was doing with my life. 

A whole Saturday of Breaking Bonaduce. When I went to the bathroom I actually looked in the mirror and thought about what the hell I was doing with my life. 

hopefully better than danny bonaduce

14 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Straight 8 hours of Say Yes to the Dress. I stopped once I hit the point where no dress could be considered classy or pretty anymore. 

Some of those dresses are downright fugly. I think to myself, "who would pay thousands of dollars to look like a clown?" There was one episode on recently where three high dollar brides had a special VIP night with Pnina Torne (sp?) I think her dresses are overdone and ugly and these women were fawning over them. One spent over $100K on dresses that night, which included her dress, a full-blown wedding dress for her mother, and dresses for her bridesmaids. That was one woman with far more dollars than sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4. Juni 2016 at 2:12 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Some of those dresses are downright fugly. I think to myself, "who would pay thousands of dollars to look like a clown?" There was one episode on recently where three high dollar brides had a special VIP night with Pnina Torne (sp?) I think her dresses are overdone and ugly and these women were fawning over them. One spent over $100K on dresses that night, which included her dress, a full-blown wedding dress for her mother, and dresses for her bridesmaids. That was one woman with far more dollars than sense.

Ugh! There are some Pnina Torney (sp?) dresses that are quite nice and classy, but they're nothing other designers haven't come up with before. The rest is just fugly as hell and not worth the thousands of dollars wedding crazed women are willing to spend on them. Some of these women pay more for a dress than I would ever consider spending on the entire wedding. 

BTW, I've done some research on Kleinfeld and some of the reviews are just downright terrible. Like, Kleinfeld using hot glue guns to repair wedding dresses, etc. There are so many nice little bridal shops in the world thankful for any customer, I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Kleinfeld's. 

29 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Ugh! There are some Pnina Torney (sp?) dresses that are quite nice and classy, but they're nothing other designers haven't come up with before. The rest is just fugly as hell and not worth the thousands of dollars wedding crazed women are willing to spend on them. Some of these women pay more for a dress than I would ever consider spending on the entire wedding. 

BTW, I've done some research on Kleinfeld and some of the reviews are just downright terrible. Like, Kleinfeld using hot glue guns to repair wedding dresses, etc. There are so many nice little bridal shops in the world thankful for any customer, I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Kleinfeld's. 

I hadn't read that about Kleinfeld, but I can't see going there if you are outside of the NYC area. I mean, seriously, you're going to go back for multiple fittings? In the exceedingly unlikely event I would get married, I would buy from a local store. Of course, I'd probably wear jeans and a t-shirt...

The one interesting thing I read about Kleinfeld is that Wayne Rogers (Trapper John from TV's M*A*S*H) was a part owner.

@GreyhoundFan

Just google Kleinfeld's and read some of the google reviews. There are some raves but also a lot of really negative and sad reviews that make me weep for the brides that had to have such bad experiences.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm MJB and I'm a reality show aholic and CRAPFULLY CRAP another 10 freakin days of the Olympics and no RHONY nor RHOOC?!

Honest to Stevus....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I read through the whole thread and I'm ashamed and slightly proud that no one has mentioned Pretty Wild. It followed the life of Alexis Neiers, one of the girls who was part of the Hollywood Hills robberies. She and her sister were aspiring underwear models. 

But my deepest tv shame lies in the entire season of Tool Academy my husband and I watched. There are truly no words...

Ladyamylynn, I'll take your word!

my true low point probably are the "World's ----est" collection on truTV. But ONLY when the cast of has-beens, ex-cons and  other comedians react to the clips. I can binge-watch ... and have!!!

The only one I haven't seen mentioned here is Four Weddings where the brides go to each other's wedding and judge them. I have watched marathons of that. 

On 3/26/2016 at 6:01 PM, alwayscaffeinated said:

Rock of Love and Flavor of Love. Train wreck doesn't even begin to describe these two shows. 

It's Flava of Love, but yes we watched both...

On 3/30/2016 at 5:41 AM, clueliss said:

Joe Millionaire.  Which 'cured' me of watching dating reality shows since.  

On 4/8/2016 at 3:12 PM, RosyDaisy said:

My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and Gypsy Sisters. (holds head down in shame).

I actually liked those. I watched the British ones first and they were much better.

My current shame is Married at First Sight. It's awful and predictable and I can't stop.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Snarfblatt said:

The only one I haven't seen mentioned here is Four Weddings where the brides go to each other's wedding and judge them. I have watched marathons of that. 

I love Four Weddings! One of my favorite things to do is to decide early on in the episode who is going to go all Mean Girl on the others. That one will usually complain if there is a church ceremony, especially a Catholic one, because they are long. There's also always one who whines that she doesn't like buffets, because they aren't "classy" and she feels she should be "served" at a wedding reception. I remember one where the power went out in the reception venue. The staff there did everything they could, but obviously the wedding was impacted. One whiny bride marked the bride in question down because she hadn't chosen a venue with a generator...seriously.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:26 PM, Pretzel said:

I also would rather go to a local store, especially since a trip to Kleinfeld's for me is a plane ride across country, plus a hotel room. While I'd like to visit NYC, going to that bridal store isn't on my list of touristy things to do. Some of those women on that show pay far more for a single dress than I would want to spend on the wedding itself. Even my brother's church wedding and sit down lunch was less than what some of those dresses cost.

The ID channel.  Any time of the day, any day.  Then I google the victims, and soon a few hours have passed.  Extreme Couponing marathons are also dangerous for me.  Are they all planning on having spaghetti sauce and toothpaste parties? That's the only explanation I have for them turning their garages into storage areas.

Yeah, I watched Pretty Wild.  Little brown kitten heels and homeschooling via The Secret (the documentary, not even the book). 

Anyone remember Love Is In The Heir?  About the exiled Iranian princess living in Los Angeles and trying to make it as a country singer?

At this point, Real Bethenney of NYC has mr truly & completely turned off the Houseeives shows. I will occasionally Google Jules and Dorinda to see what they're up to. The rest are beyond my frame of reference or even amusement. I once thought Carole was a person approaching mensch-hood but she's devolved into a 53-year-old bratty snot, and I'm guessing that her memoir had heavy editing, if not a ghostwriter. 

Leaves reruns of The Andy Griffith Show (but only those with Barney!) as my last guilty pleasure. I really should be thinner!! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived