IGNORED

Local Duggar supported politician is transphobic bigot

samithemage

Shocking, I know, but John Latour, a Fayetteville politician with connections to the Duggar's got himself into some hot water over the weekend.

http://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/03/21/resignation-urged-over-fayettville-alderman-john-la-tours-gender-challenge

Apparently, he deleted his angry post on his Facebook page. If only someone had taken a screenshot.  Oh wait! I did.

image.jpeg

He then explained that he was a man and could prove it by dropping his pants and showing his penis. 

... well, that's conservative. And classy.

eta:

Also, "Are you a woman?" is the worst pick-up line ever.

Has the world gone mad? It used to be that politicians wouldn't say anything to avoid any kind of scandal or misinterpretation. Now, anything goes! It's the Trumping of politics! Any publicity is good publicity!

4 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Has the world gone mad? It used to be that politicians wouldn't say anything to avoid any kind of scandal or misinterpretation. Now, anything goes! It's the Trumping of politics! Any publicity is good publicity!

The Trumping of Politics is the perfect way to describe how things are now.  You can be a racist, homophobic bigot and people will applaud you for speaking your mind.  It's complete madness.

1 hour ago, bashfulpixie said:

The Trumping of Politics is the perfect way to describe how things are now.  You can be a racist, homophobic bigot and people will applaud you for speaking your mind.  It's complete madness.

racism not so much (at least not here) but homophobia, sexism and antisemitism is more accepted now than it has been in the last 20 or so years.

After the overwhelmingly negative response his initial Facebook tantrum received, he apparently decided to faux apologize and replace it with this. Unfortunately... for him, the response is still overwhelmingly negative and filled with people posting screen caps of the initial tantrum. Silly man, the Internet never forgets.

image.png

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

The world has gone mad - just check out Australia's politics. We've had FOUR prime ministers in four years!

Obama would be laughing at us - as well as other long - term leaders...and everyone else of course.

He drew rebukes from other city officials during a council agenda session last month after asking whether a potential city contractor was a man or a woman and saying, "It's hard to tell these days." 

Oh Boy.  Flashback to the sixties when young men started wearing their hair longer.  It was like a constant refrain from the John Wayne types-- older, whiter, more conservative-- "Boy or girl?  It is so hard to tell these days!" as if there was no other signifier of sex than the length of one's hair.   "Get a hair cut!" was a very common jeer.  I thought that by the time all of us baby boomers grew up that sort of harassment would be left behind, but no,  here it is in another form.

Back to the present.  All the information I needed was in the first line: "Fayetteville Alderman John La Tour, a Tea Party conservative" because no matter what they claim, Tea Party members are nothing but racist, sexist, uneducated assholes and Sarah Palin is their patron saint.

31 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Oh Boy.  Flashback to the sixties when young men started wearing their hair longer.  It was like a constant refrain from the John Wayne types-- older, whiter, more conservative-- "Boy or girl?  It is so hard to tell these days!" as if there was no other signifier of sex than the length of one's hair.   "Get a hair cut!" was a very common jeer.  I thought that by the time all of us baby boomers grew up that sort of harassment would be left behind, but no,  here it is in another form,

That's the first thing I thought of. I remember those days. 

Even in the 80s many of my male friends had long hair.  They would be addressed as 'ma'am' by people who weren't paying attention, especially cashiers at fast food places.  We had lots of laughs over that. :)

33 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Back to the present.  All the information I needed was in the first line: "Fayetteville Alderman John La Tour, a Tea Party conservative" because no matter what they claim, Tea Party members are nothing but racist, sexist, uneducated assholes and Sarah Palin is their patron saint.

Exactly!

Of course he's a transphobic bigot. Why else would the Duggars support him?

I seriously HATE that family.

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Bet Jim Bob called him to offer moral support.

Nah, he sinned. You shall not dance, remember? 
That's what happens when you dance. Liberal Demons attack you, make you apologize for your godly bigotry and try to convert you to their side. 
So, don't dance. If Mr. La Tour wanted to complain about someone's genitals, he had to make a robocall.

He's more than a bigot, he is a predator. He demanded she prove her gender to him and implied she needed to do so by taking off her clothes and then threatened to expose himself to her. That's sexual harassment at the very least and I would say its sexual assault since there was the threat of bodily harm.

I am sure they duggars still support him considering they protected a sexual predator themselves.

The Duggars supporting a politician whose a bigot. Well get my smelling salts and point me in the direction of the nearest fainting couch because I am STUNNED. 

"Can't tell if a man or a woman" (roughly paraphrased).

Uuuuh, I have MAJOR tits, a uterus that shut down in menopause so I don't bleed any more, but I need to shave my face at least every other day. (Curse you, PCOS!) 

Do I *really* need to drop trou and show my Pretty Pink Girly Bits in public? 

LaTour is flipflopping so fast....

If he pulls this inappropriate behavior in a public place again, someone should pull out a magnifying glass.

I have seen behavior like this in bars and restaurants where they serve alcohol. 

Didn't the article say that this happened in the morning?

One too many bloody Marys may have been (partially) to blame. 

If I was the girl I would have just yelled "No thanks." Of course then he probably would have assumed that she was a he since she didn't want an eye full of him blessed manhood. :pb_rollseyes:

If this is the John La Tour I'm thinking about, my mom knows his family through homeschooling and some other activities. They have a website here: johnlatour.com

I would think this would be pretty embarrassing for his family, but then maybe they think he's just bravely defending Christian values.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2016 at 7:48 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Oh Boy.  Flashback to the sixties when young men started wearing their hair longer.  It was like a constant refrain from the John Wayne types-- older, whiter, more conservative-- "Boy or girl?  It is so hard to tell these days!" as if there was no other signifier of sex than the length of one's hair.   "Get a hair cut!" was a very common jeer.  I thought that by the time all of us baby boomers grew up that sort of harassment would be left behind, but no,  here it is in another form.

Re flashback, I once reminded an old guy that Jesus had long hair, boy was he offended!

3 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Re flashback, I once reminded an old guy that Jesus had long hair, boy was he offended!

Back in the mists of time I heard a comedian make a two-part comeback to that statement:  "Jesus could also walk on water." was the first part, but I can't remember the second part.  Has anyone here heard that joke before?

Duh. 

He will be on the family Christmas, ahem.. Happy Birfdayzz Jeebus!!1! card this year.

I'm sure the Duggars have an opening for an upright, self righteous, predator in their fold. He could be family!!

I had long hair back in the 70's and always had to shrug off comments by haters...even my dear departed Grandma...Then I had even longer hair *gasp* down to my waist in the early 2000's...and of course now with the Mohawk...I'm beginning to think that I keep setting myself up for hate mongering but that's okay

Archived