IGNORED

CWFA– Real Feminism is Serving Your Husband

dawn9476

Yup--I served my husband. With divorce papers. Twice. So I guess I ROCK at feminism.

The CWA are certainly a confused bunch. Beverly LaHaye describes feminism as "...more than an illness. It's a philosophy of death."

Well, which is it - illness or philosophy?

Then after castigating feminism thus, LaHaye and her peeps start defining "real feminism" as something that looks exactly like patriarchy (and is therefore acceptable and good for promotion).

LaHaye would be better off, and a lot more correct, if she were to say feminism allows for a whole range of choices - including complementarianism (for those who still support leaving other women to make their own decisions).

That picture with wonder woman tied up and on the stool, it seemed so wrong for many reasons. almost sadomasochistic.

Don't read Wonder Woman comics then, there's totally a bondage theme going on.

Yup. My mom serves her husband so much she turned blind to his abuse.

Guess she's the ideal Christian according to these people. No wonder I wanted to be a nun, with all the "submission" lessons she purposefully taught me, to prepare me for marriage, while I grew up.

Yup--I served my husband. With divorce papers. Twice. So I guess I ROCK at feminism.

Although I only did it once - and once is enough - I rock, too, since I served my husband in the same way. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Pursuing the same rights and opportunities as men = "a philosophy of death"? Okay, then.

If I didn't know these people are dead (ha ha) serious, I would think this--all of this fundie lunacy, that is--was all one big joke.

Oh barf. These people make me sick as they genteelly twist themselves into pretzels trying to combine exaltation of the patriarchy, all-male God, all-male pastors, woman's place as homemaker and child-bearer, modesty rules, complementarian marriage, no reproductive freedom for women, and not "politicizing" women, whatever that means, with the claim that they rly rly RLY TRULY are the real feminists.

Let's see: Believing myself to be fully human and socially autonomous = "philosophy of death."

Submitting to whatever a husband imposes up to and including forced sex, constant childbearing, financial destitution, loss of personal autonomy and being bashed with blunt instruments = ????

I don't have a husband. I live with 5 cats and I darn well better serve them or they'll make my life a living hell. :o

One of the cats, Donegal, is very fussy about the litter box. If it's not clean enough to his standard he uses the bathtub instead. I don't complain because it's easy to clean and better than using the floor. My other cats don't have the same standards regarding the litter box. :character-hobbes:

Nell

Although I only did it once - and once is enough - I rock, too, since I served my husband in the same way. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Same here, I rock as I served my husband with divorce papers because I wasn't going to wait for the abuse to become physical. For me, the phrase "till death do us part" does NOT mean being murdered. I know some fundies think I'm going to hell since I refused to tolerate abuse, but I don't care what they think.

Archived