IGNORED

Gilmore Girls

Ali

They aren't going to do the Fuller House thing, are they? 

Rory, single and pregnant/mom of a teen, estranged from her mom, trying to make amends? 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I'm watching episode 2 and loving it. :)

Of the new episodes?

19 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They aren't going to do the Fuller House thing, are they? 

Rory, single and pregnant/mom of a teen, estranged from her mom, trying to make amends? 

I really hope not!

I really enjoyed re-watching the whole series recently, and I'm looking forward to the new shows.

You can see the full cast list for the mini-series here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5435008/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

I see all my favorite characters on the list, except for Sookie...

I also see several attractive age-appropriate potential love-interests for Rory :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I just looked at the IMDB page, and it has Sookie listed for 2 episodes. Has something changed and she's actually going to be in it now?

21 hours ago, housetyrell said:

I just looked at the IMDB page, and it has Sookie listed for 2 episodes. Has something changed and she's actually going to be in it now?

I think I dreamed the fact that I saw an article that she was gonna be back??? Because now the internet is telling me she won't be back Even Jackson is coming back!

I am mostly just happy that Jess is back. I know, I know, some people don't like him. But he was definitely my favorite of all of Rory's boyfriends. Plus he reminds me SO MUCH of my husband. Down to the same jackets and shoes! And I think Milo Ventimiglia is mega hot.

I really hope they use the upcoming election like they used Obama's for Rory's job. I haven't read too many articles about it because I want to be surprised!

I am truly excited for this, but have been avoiding reading anything that could spoil anything. 

I actually LOVED Logan and was oddly super bummed when she didn't marry him. I think Matt Czuchry is my main reason for watching The Good Wife. 

I thought I saw Sookie would be back too! My husband and I were snarking on the Olsen twins for not being part of Fuller House and then discussed McCarthy not joining the cast of Gilmore Girls. I saw something pop up that very night. But now she isn't? 

I am also bummed Richard won't be on. So sad. Emily is my favorite Gilmore though, so I am pretty excited to get more Emily. 

52 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

I am also bummed Richard won't be on. So sad. Emily is my favorite Gilmore though, so I am pretty excited to get more Emily.

Me too. I love Emily, but I keep thinking about Richard telling her that she can go first. :cry2:

• 2 months later...

Gilmore Girls has finally made it to Netflix Uk&Ire ! This is a nice unexpected addition (finally). Gonna get stuck in watching.

I hope this also means that the new revival show will also get added here when it comes out. I was excited to read about a revival but didn't follow the news too closely about it cos I figured it might only be for Netflix US , like the original, and I wouldn't get the chance to see it anyway. 

I at least hope that Rory and Jess can be friends in the revival, since they ended up growing a lot and being positive influences on each other later in the series. He did treat her like garbage when they first started dating, which was unfortunate but they did have a lot of chemistry, particularly intellectually. 

And yay, glad Melissa McCarthy is coming back! Sookie is a great character and so much less abrasive than a lot of the characters she plays in movies these days. 

On 02/07/2016 at 1:31 PM, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Gilmore Girls has finally made it to Netflix Uk&Ire ! This is a nice unexpected addition (finally). Gonna get stuck in watching.

I hope this also means that the new revival show will also get added here when it comes out. I was excited to read about a revival but didn't follow the news too closely about it cos I figured it might only be for Netflix US , like the original, and I wouldn't get the chance to see it anyway. 

I hope we get it at the same time but we might have to wait longer because in the US they can already add it to their watchlist but it hasn't popped up on our one yet!

4 hours ago, nst said:

I don't get netflix 

But I am dying to know more spoilers about Luke and Lorelai

I can't tell if you're serious or not! How much of the series have you seen? I don't want to ruin anything for you. All about Luke and Loralei, though. I appreciate the friendship they developed in the first several seasons before they pursued the romantic aspect of the relationship. 

51 minutes ago, Jana'sHairScrunchie said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not! How much of the series have you seen? I don't want to ruin anything for you. All about Luke and Loralei, though. I appreciate the friendship they developed in the first several seasons before they pursued the romantic aspect of the relationship. 

I have seen every episode millions of times.  It's on currently again on one of my channels

I am on fan forum as well - also was on fan forum when the show originally aired

The Turtle aka April - I hated 

Hated Lorelai marrying Christopher that entire thing AWFUL 

Christopher sucked. I get that he and Loralei had a shared past and always could identify with each other because of that but holy crap they never should have been together. 

Now that you've referred to April as "The Turtle" I can't unsee it. The actress who played her has grown up to be quite pretty, I wonder if they will let her look nice in the revival or keep her looking all "shabby nerd" like she was in the series. 

On 7/5/2016 at 8:07 PM, Larry said:

I hope we get it at the same time but we might have to wait longer because in the US they can already add it to their watchlist but it hasn't popped up on our one yet!

Like Downton Abbey in reverse!

I kinda liked Christopher during the middle seasons, not so much when he became an ass hat and pressured Lorelai into marriage. He was so jealous and suffocating, it's no wonder the whole thing didn't work out. 

Actually, I think Luke was often a pretty manipulative ass as well, and unless the writers have changed that, I don't think I want Luke and Lorelai together so much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rewatching it and I'm part way through season 2. Does anyone know when the new episodes that I will probably both love and hate will be out? 

I am annoyed to no end with Lorelai. She moved WAY too fast with Max and it was so obvious that she was NOT ready for a serious relationship. Also, I'm supposed to believe that she's slightly younger than me and I'm super annoyed about that. Sookie is OK but kind of irritating. I like her with Jackson though maybe it's just when she's trying too hard with Lorelai. 

Emily is great. Richard is wonderful. :( 

I'm sad that I know Tristan is leaving to be on some show I never watched (One Tree Hill?). I like him so much more than Dean. Dean is SO BORING. I love Laine. I love Paris. 

Ooooooh and I also love most of Stars Hollow. 

I'm not sure I like Luke and Lorelai. I actually do like Christopher, at least this far. 

Just discovered this thread and wanted to tell you all to check out the Gilmore Guys podcast - it's very well made and quite funny! If you're a big fan or have a lengthy commute like me, it's a great thing to listen to!

On 7/12/2016 at 2:58 AM, Pretzel said:

I kinda liked Christopher during the middle seasons, not so much when he became an ass hat and pressured Lorelai into marriage. He was so jealous and suffocating, it's no wonder the whole thing didn't work out. 

Actually, I think Luke was often a pretty manipulative ass as well, and unless the writers have changed that, I don't think I want Luke and Lorelai together so much. 

One of my complaints with the writers is their lack of consistency.  They often seemed to change a character's traits to fit a story line.  

even Rory, supposedly destined by birth to be a  reporter, never seemed very curious. I never saw her track down a story, except when Logan was involved (that secret Yale club.)

4 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

even Rory, supposedly destined by birth to be a  reporter, never seemed very curious. I never saw her track down a story, except when Logan was involved (that secret Yale club.)

This drives me crazy.  The show does a lot more "telling" than actually "showing."

And Lorelai is so not frugal. I have no idea how she managed to save for a house on her salary, raise a kid, go to college and buy the all trinkets that clutter her house and take out she is constantly eating. 

6 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

One of my complaints with the writers is their lack of consistency.  They often seemed to change a character's traits to fit a story line.  

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

This drives me crazy.  The show does a lot more "telling" than actually "showing."

And Lorelai is so not frugal. I have no idea how she managed to save for a house on her salary, raise a kid, go to college and buy the all trinkets that clutter her house and take out she is constantly eating. 

YES. Yes, to what both of you said. My sleepy old dog is more inclined to follow a lead for a good story than Rory is. I could have bought that story line if Paris were the one to become a journalist and Rory wanted to go into something more scientific but the careers both characters chose were way OOC. I guess journalist just fit Amy Sherman Palladino's idea of a teenaged Mathilda striving for an intellectual career better than, say, doctor or teacher. 

I have never really questioned a lot of what they did on the show as it was implied that Lorelai is a very hard working mother. She must have payed for her house by installments, gone to a cheap CC etc. It was implied during season 1 that they had lived in that old shack on the hotel compound for years. I always pictured Lorelai saving a ton for the down payment to eventually buy whichever house she could get first, and as could be seen in season 2 when the house was infested by termites, it had not been in great condition. Btw, in season 1 the house had a bathroom on the 1st floor while in later seasons the bathroom must have magically disappeared. Or maybe it was just cluttered by Lorelai's massive amounts of tchotchkes. The house is also supposed to host Lorelai's room, Rory's room, kitchen, living room and bathroom only but it always seemed so huge. A lot on that show just doesn't add up. Like, how could they spend so much time at Luke's in the morning when both of them were supposed to be at work/school early? Why would Lorelai be able to sew costumes for her daughter's Shakespeare group but not be able to mix together a freakin' cake mix!?

Also, Lorelai got bitchier with every season. I really hated that and it remains a mystery why she was so loved nonetheless and why Rory was treated like the town's innocent little virgin angel.

Still love that show, though. 

Archived