IGNORED

Dixie Chicks World Tour 2016

ophelia

Is there anybody out there that is also going to a Dixie Chicks concert this year and totally freaking out about it?? I'm going to their show in London on the 1st of May and I just can't wait to finally see them live. I started listening to their music when I was 15/16 and I still LOVE it. They were kind of my gateway artist to country music.

So if there is anybody on FJ that also listens to the Dixie Chicks I'd love to get all fangirly in this thread.

I like them very much, but the tickets are very expensive. I could have bought advance tickets, but there was $30 per ticket extra charge. And the tickets are about $100 each at Madison Square Garden. I saw the Courtyard Hounds (2/3 of the Dixie Chicks) a few years ago and loved them

We just bought tickets!!  Thanks for bringing this to my attention, @ophelia!  I did not realize they were even together anymore, let alone touring. My husband actually likes them, too, so I'm pretty excited!!

I need to find a sugar mama before I lose my looks to pay my dog's vet bills and to buy me Dixie Chicks tickets.

Oh no!! I feel for you @urban teacher. My roommate and another friend of ours (who also loves the dixie chicks AND lives in London and lets me crash her place!! YAY!!!) gave me the ticket as an early birthday present. I hope you find someone!!! And I hope your dog is okay.

@Fascinated yeah!! good for you!! where are you going to see them?

@aquitana they charge crazy prices!

Omg I'm gonna try to get tickets!!! They are gonna be in Texas and in Nashville. Not sure which one is closest, but I'm gonna find out and see what I can get lol.

If I get tickets, then I sincerely hope that when Dolly does her tour it doesn't conflict because Dolly trumps everyone else for me lol. And it will hurt to have to give up Dixie Chicks lol

Dolly Parton came to Cologne one or two years ago and I wanted to go sooo badly, but I was so broke at that time that I simply couldn't afford it.

I hope you can see the Dixie Chicks AND Dolly, @FJismyheadship

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Dolly Parton came to Cologne one or two years ago and I wanted to go sooo badly, but I was so broke at that time that I simply couldn't afford it.

I hope you can see the Dixie Chicks AND Dolly, @FJismyheadship

I have S friend who is going to get me tickets if Dolly comes near me. All I have to do in return is write about it for her blog lol. That's my birthday present!

i hope I have the money and can see them too

That sounds like a great deal!! Please send a link to your blog post once you saw Dolly.

And I keep my fingers crossed that you have the money to go to the Dixie Chicks.

• 1 month later...

I saw the Chicks last sunday in London and it.was.amazing. Really!!! They were better than I ever dreamed of! It's been the best concert I've ever went to and I can't wait to see them again some day!

• 1 month later...

I am not a fan of the Dixie Chicks, BUT I went to a concert recently where I saw an ad that the Chicks were touring with Augustana this year and I think this may be the weirdest pairing I've ever heard of HA!

Archived