IGNORED

Male Headship Theology Enables Abusers

umsami

Yes, I know...no surprises here....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-ladd-bishop/male-headship-theology-enables-abusers_b_9463150.html

"Dr. Tucker also points out that an abusive husband is never going to give his wife permission to leave and take the children with her. The idea that an abused wife can address the abuse in a spirit of submission is absurd and dangerous. She should not be encouraged in any way to submit to this situation. However, complementarian theology does just that. It takes away her autonomy and authority, and therefore renders her vulnerable and powerless."

18 hours ago, umsami said:

Yes, I know...no surprises here....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-ladd-bishop/male-headship-theology-enables-abusers_b_9463150.html

"Dr. Tucker also points out that an abusive husband is never going to give his wife permission to leave and take the children with her. The idea that an abused wife can address the abuse in a spirit of submission is absurd and dangerous. She should not be encouraged in any way to submit to this situation. However, complementarian theology does just that. It takes away her autonomy and authority, and therefore renders her vulnerable and powerless."

Wasn't that cabinet mans plot?  Most men who threarn this don't want the kids the just want to manipulate their wives

The fundies we follow tend not to be intelligent enough to grasp nuance. Everything is black and white, either/or to them.

What really pisses me off are women who defend it and say that it doesn't cause problems for women just because it doesn't for them.

On 20 March 2016 at 5:38 AM, Jezzable said:

What really pisses me off are women who defend it and say that it doesn't cause problems for women just because it doesn't for them.

Couldn't agree more. Like Lori Alexander with her buckets of money and her big, empty house telling mothers of a dozen small children to stay with an abusive asshole because Jesus. 

:dislike:

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

Couldn't agree more. Like Lori Alexander with her buckets of money and her big, empty house telling mothers of a dozen small children to stay with an abusive asshole because Jesus. 

:dislike:

The worst thing is that the likes of her truly believe that they are helping. They think that they've got a "fix", for all situations. And they don't realize that "one size fits all" doesn't even work in retail.

Archived