IGNORED

Ted Cruz MERGED

DomWackTroll

9 hours ago, Witherwings said:

By no means am I a fan of either Trump or Cruz. I am not going to get into why I think we have gotten to this point with the GOP. Still, I have a hard time with your bolded. Saying she is nowhere near as bad is a stretch. 

From Whitewater to Benghazi: A Clinton-Scandal Primer

Be it a smear campaign against Clinton or not, she is still being investigated. She jokes about this and acts as if it is NBD.  People have differing opinions on her guilt. Yet, even if Clinton is completely innocent, do you feel comfortable with Clinton as president? I find it hard to believe she is obtuse enough to not understand what she was doing was wrong. 

My personal feelings are that the emails, her response to Benghazi, etc make her unsuitable for Presidency.  Not that I feel Trump is going to "Make America Great" (Does he not think it is? Shouldn't our President think it is?). I just cannot see myself voting for Clinton. 

I guess I'm not entirely sure I understand that logic.  So someone who was investigated (and cleared) is worse than someone who has declared bankruptcy four times or someone who has said that he's a Christian first and an American second?  I understand that the choices range from less than awesome to truly abysmal, but still.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

I'm curious, why do you think that Clinton is anywhere near as bad as Cruz or Trump?

I have explained one particular big issue below. I also understand that it may not be a black and white situation when it comes to finding her guilty, and that she may walk away more unscathed than Petraeus. That doesn't mean that her actions are not questionable to say the least. I personally feel that it disqualifies her as a reasonable candidate for me to vote for. I certainly do not feel that Clinton is the easy or obvious choice of the three. I really don't like that it will very likely come down to that, because I do not think Trump or Cruz are fantastic options. I really wish the DNC had a better candidate that could have knocked Clinton out of the race. Biden probably would have been a safe bet. 

1 hour ago, bashfulpixie said:

I guess I'm not entirely sure I understand that logic.  So someone who was investigated (and cleared) is worse than someone who has declared bankruptcy four times or someone who has said that he's a Christian first and an American second?  I understand that the choices range from less than awesome to truly abysmal, but still.

Trump's Four Bankruptcies (Some things to consider. This link is merely Politifact, so take it as you will.)

Clinton was cleared on Benghazi.  She is still being investigated over the email scandal.  Trump filing for bankruptcy isn't nearly as bad as the email scandal. Not only that, but he didn't break laws. That isn't as clear cut with Clinton. I find it hard to believe that the SoS was unable to understand what is and is not classified information.  She was also well aware that the attack was a planned attack, yet, depending on which foreign leader she was speaking with, she had a different story. This isn't a NBD, conspiracy joke. 

Clinton's Calls with Foreign Leaders after Benghazi Attacks

@Witherwings I personally don't think that this whole e-mail affair disqualifies Clinton from anything. I think it's blown hugely out of proportion. As far as I know, other secretaries of state did the same thing, and there wasn't any scandal.

And Cruz is surely loved by the people who know him personally: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/01/ted-cruz-jerk-hated

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/03/lindsey-graham-endorses-ted-cruz

1 hour ago, Sundaymorning said:

You beat me to it!  

Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.

Don't hold back, John Boehner, tell us how you really feel.  Ted Cruz claims that he has never had a conversation with John Boehner and has only exchanged pleasantries with him a few times, which tells me that you don't have to personally know Ted Cruz to despise him.  

For anyone upthread who wonders why Heidi married Ted, they are two peas in a pod of religious fanaticism and lust for power.  

Ted Cruz's father (a fanatical fundamentalist preacher) believes Ted was anointed by God to be president, and I'm sure Ted shares that sentiment.   Carly Fiorina is a weird choice for VP.  Like Palin and McCain, it's just get a woman, any woman, on the ticket, even if they don't have broad appeal.  

You don't need to convince me that Cruz is a lunatic or how unlikable he is. It has always been pretty apparent with him. 

I am well aware that people don't like Cruz. I am aware he is a nutter and I appreciate McCain calling him a "Wacko Bird". Ted Cruz sucks. I am not disagreeing with that. I very strongly dislike the guy,  but for different reasons and none of those reasons are incriminating enough to pose an FBI investigation for threatening national security.  

If Clinton is found to be guilty, it is a pretty big deal. As to former SoS doing so, it isn't quite the same thing.

Hillary Clinton said 'my predecessors did the same thing' with email (Politifact again)

General Petraeus was given what many think was a slap on the wrist. There was a lot of talk of him running for President and now, that is clearly not going to happen. Why should Clinton be treated differently?

Petraeus Sentenced To 2 Years' Probation, Fine For Sharing Classified Info

How Gen. David Petraeus Gets It, And Hillary Clinton Still Doesn’t

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

You beat me to it!  

Don't hold back, John Boehner, tell us how you really feel.  Ted Cruz claims that he has never had a conversation with John Boehner and has only exchanged pleasantries with him a few times, which tells me that you don't have to personally know Ted Cruz to despise him.  

For anyone upthread who wonders why Heidi married Ted, they are two peas in a pod of religious fanaticism and lust for power.  

Ted Cruz's father (a fanatical fundamentalist preacher) believes Ted was anointed by God to be president, and I'm sure Ted shares that sentiment.   Carly Fiorina is a weird choice for VP.  Like Palin and McCain, it's just get a woman, any woman, on the ticket, even if they don't have broad appeal.  

Or to bait Trump:

Ted Cruz’s VP Pick Doesn’t Make Any Sense, Unless …

God. Remember when McCain picked Palin? What a huge mistake. At least it provided some fun on SNL.  Palin sealed the deal with an Obama vote from me. (I had very high hopes for Obama in 2008. That has all diminished greatly for me.)

57 minutes ago, Howl said:

You beat me to it!  

http://www.businessinsider.de/ted-cruz-john-boehner-lawyer-2016-4?r=US&IR=T

According to this article, Cruz was once Boehner's lawyer. So much for not knowing him...

I suspect the enmity stems from the government shut-down fiasco in 2013.  Cruz and Boehner have differing versions of that as well.  Wily Ted Cruz wants to pretend he was the reasonable party, reaching out for compromise.  According to Mediaite.com

.....on Thursday, Cruz told a story that he claims was, “not publicly known,” about an exchange he had with the then-Speaker after the start of the shutdown.

He claims that during the shutdown itself, it was Cruz who offered an olive branch of sorts to find common ground — and Boehner’s harsh rebuke made any such compromise or understanding an impossibility.

Cruz said Thursday:

“This is something that’s not publicly known. During the government shutdown I reached out to John Boehner and I offered for us to come over and work with the Speaker, can we resolve this and actually get something meaningful done to stop the disaster that is Obamacare? John Boehner’s response was, ‘I have no interest in talking to you. What possibly could be accomplished by having a conversation? No, I will not meet.”

Boehner's enmity obviously has to do with Cruz' intransigence and idiocy leading up to the 2013 government shutdown.  Then, at some point during the shutdown, it became obvious that Cruz had engineered the shut down with no strategy to end it.  This, if nothing else, should tell you what kind of president he would be.  As horrible as Trump is, I'd prefer him as president to Cruz.  

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

I suspect the enmity stems from the government shut-down fiasco in 2013.  Cruz and Boehner have differing versions of that as well.  Wily Ted Cruz wants to pretend he was the reasonable party, reaching out for compromise.  According to Mediaite.com

Boehner's enmity obviously has to do with Cruz' intransigence and idiocy leading up to the 2013 government shutdown.  Then, at some point during the shutdown, it became obvious that Cruz had engineered the shut down with no strategy to end it.  This, if nothing else, should tell you what kind of president he would be.  As horrible as Trump is, I'd prefer him as president to Cruz.  

To the bolded, this very much. I feel relief each time he wins because I would much prefer him over Cruz. Unless it is contested and the GOP nominates someone else. (which would be nice, but it does undermine everything IMO) 

Which I feel adds to the horribleness of Clinton. She is running a race, knowing she is being investigated and that the email scandal is big enough to make a lot of people really uncomfortable voting for her.  

I really hate that I feel like I am facing voting for Donald Fucking Trump, but at this point I feel like he is the one I would prefer of the three. 

5 hours ago, Lillybee said:

This article is pretty terrifying. As much as it makes me puke in my mouth a bit to say it, Trump would probably definitely be a better President than Cruz. I would like to avoid being enslaved, thankyouverymuch, and avoid wholesale changes to the Constitution that are rooted in flat-out bullshit a la David Barton.

9 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

This article is pretty terrifying. As much as it makes me puke in my mouth a bit to say it, Trump would probably definitely be a better President than Cruz. I would like to avoid being enslaved, thankyouverymuch, and avoid wholesale changes to the Constitution that are rooted in flat-out bullshit a la David Barton.

To the bolded: Surreal, isn't it? I can't believe we are at the point where we are saying Trump would definitely be better. But here we are. Saying it. 

I cannot understand why people protest Trump instead of Cruz (or both). He also wants to #buildwall & deport illegal immigrants, along with being a fundie. 

My guess is because Trump is the one getting all the attention for it. Most people don't do their due diligence with regards to their electoral candidates. 

3 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

My guess is because Trump is the one getting all the attention for it. Most people don't do their due diligence with regards to their electoral candidates. 

I feel like social media enables people to do this. People post, share and base their opinions on what is shared in their feeds. There is obviously potential for it to do good too. A few months ago a friend posted that anyone who planned on voting for Trump should delete her. She ended up removing the post before I had a chance to look back, but I am guessing it didn't go over well with everyone from both the left and right. 

I see things like that and am sure others see things like that. I wonder how it influences the way people think. I don't feel comfortable with people berating people and demanding who they should or should not vote for. Debate all you want, but telling people who to vote for or who not to vote for is not okay. 

10 hours ago, Witherwings said:

I feel like social media enables people to do this. People post, share and base their opinions on what is shared in their feeds. There is obviously potential for it to do good too. A few months ago a friend posted that anyone who planned on voting for Trump should delete her. She ended up removing the post before I had a chance to look back, but I am guessing it didn't go over well with everyone from both the left and right. 

I see things like that and am sure others see things like that. I wonder how it influences the way people think. I don't feel comfortable with people berating people and demanding who they should or should not vote for. Debate all you want, but telling people who to vote for or who not to vote for is not okay. 

I've seen people do that too. I'm centre right and i've noticed that a lot of people judge the right very harshly on a personal level. As if voting for a fiscally conservative party shows complete moral corruption. I think it's damaging to democracy to shut down dialogue and promote the idea that people who vote for a different party are terrible. 

On April 29, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Witherwings said:

Or to bait Trump:

Ted Cruz’s VP Pick Doesn’t Make Any Sense, Unless …

God. Remember when McCain picked Palin? What a huge mistake. At least it provided some fun on SNL.  Palin sealed the deal with an Obama vote from me. (I had very high hopes for Obama in 2008. That has all diminished greatly for me.)

I actually thought the Carly Fiorina pick was smart for Cruz. Other than both of them having extremely grating personalities that make people want to smack them.

She would seem, to me, to appeal to a different part of the population than Cruz. I think he would appeal to the fundamentalist social conservatives and tea baggers and Southerners and rural voters. She would appeal to the people who are more concerned about the economy and security. And more corporate / urban / suburban conservatives.

Neither of them appeal to me, at all. But I will give Fioina props for sounding intelligent when it came to discussing technology and the military and security and all of that during the debates and in follow-up interviews. She also, imho, did an excellent job of sounding current and tough and like what the country needs in a technological age commander in chief - AND balancing it with pulling out the woman/ mom / nurturing spin.  I hate her politics - but it was impressive to watch.

I, personally, would never vote for Trump or Cruz - but I'm really torn as to who is scarier. Most of Cruz's positions are far worse. But Trump is such an erratic wild card, with such a major megalomaniac personality, and apparent lack of impulse control -- that I think he could get us blown up before anyone could put the brakes on. I like when a candidate isn't 100% predictably party- line on issues, it shows that they are actual thinking human beings as opposed to purchased drones - but he is SO all over the map that it seems either completely unhinged . Or so manipulative, that it's terrifying.

I would never vote for any politician (even if I had originally intended to do so -- which I did not with regard to Cruz) who picked Fiorina as a running mate.

I know way too much about her HP-Compaq merger/ being ousted after nearly destroying the company. It's nothing for her to brag about.

My disclaimer: My husband's job was lost thanks to her "management". His comment when she originally announced she was running: "Now she can try to destroy the country like she tried to destroy the company."

YMMV.

3 hours ago, apple1 said:

I would never vote for any politician (even if I had originally intended to do so -- which I did not with regard to Cruz) who picked Fiorina as a running mate.

I know way too much about her HP-Compaq merger/ being ousted after nearly destroying the company. It's nothing for her to brag about.

My disclaimer: My husband's job was lost thanks to her "management". His comment when she originally announced she was running: "Now she can try to destroy the country like she tried to destroy the company."

YMMV.

Oh, definitely, she was awful at HP. And IIRC , was there for an incredibly short time. After huge build up about her coming on. But I think she did an excellent job of portraying a top notch, techno nerd, 21st century executive - and she spun her part so well that no one seemed to even bother to question her about how HP was doing! 

There is one upside to this election. It has the potential to make Congress work together to reduce executive power. And maybe people will pay more attention to the midterm elections. 

Extreme far right rocker Ted Nugent and Ted Cruz have had a bit of a bromance going on over the years, with Nugent talking about he an Cruz be tight and Cruz trying to distance himself a tiny bit, but not so much as to lose the gun vote.  Ted N. thinks Ted C will made the best president, even though he & Trump are like, brothers from another mother. 

This is a satirical piece I'm sure related to the passing of so many musicians this year, but it made me smile. 

Millions Mourn As Rocker/Activist Ted Nugent, Age 67, Found Alive

Found on the NationalReport.net: 

Millions of Americans are in mourning after news broke this afternoon that rocker/activist Ted Nugent was still alive. Word broke early, spread quickly, and sent shock waves throughout the rock and roll community and the Republican Party, where Nugent, 67, is well-known for his fierce advocacy for conservative causes, unwavering support for the rights of gun owners and hunters, and ferocious loyalty and devotion to today’s true American patriots. The National Rifle Association issued the following statement:

Ted Nugent has proudly and patriotically served on the NRA’s board of directors since 1995. The Association shares a deep sense of shock with our 4.5 million members and countless millions of supporters as details of this catastrophic event continue to unfold.

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), one of several organizations Nugent violently criticized in the past, also issued a statement expressing condolences.

Several of our Texas politicians (especially Greg Abbott and Ted Cruz) have consorted with Ted for perceived political advantage with ammosexuals.  Greg Abbott, while campaigning for the Republican gubernatorial primary, snuggled up to Ted Nugent to get out the gun vote, right after this:  

I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the acorn community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America. 

Ted Cruz' response to Nugent's outlandish racist comments or other vile remarks?  He kinda just implies that it isn't something he (Cruz) would say, but, at the same time, he weasel words to not disallow it. 

The only thing I have to say, is that Cruz's campaign commercial here, makes me see red, and skeeves me out no end.

It's about the TG bathroom dabacle, and the only part of the commercial I hear, is when he calls it "the little girls' room". I have no idea why calling it "the little girls' room" is so skeevy to me. I just find that term in this context, so infantilizing and patronizing and misogynistic.

Everything about Ted Cruz is patronizing and mysogenic. 

Archived