IGNORED

Bates Family: Babies Galore! Part 12

Boogalou

I sincerely hope that Taliban Dan loses his seat.  And I hope that he has a strong opponent that will tie him to Gothard (and show his DIL in a frumper).

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/23/2016 at 7:46 PM, formergothardite said:

The problem with the rest of the Bates family is that they are actively helping sell a lie. They are sugar coating a horrific lifestyle to make it appealing to more people. There is a lot of evil lurking underneath that happy show they put on. Not just ATI/IBLP/Gothard, Alyssa's FIL's beliefs are wretched(and since she campaigns for him I'm assuming she supports these beliefs) and Chad and Erin appear to be very, very fundie. All of them are selling a very dangerous lifestyle by making it look nice. 

Lipstick on a pig. 

48 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The currently highest ranking GOP woman in Congress, Cathy McMorris Rogers, graduated from PCC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_McMorris_Rodgers

And PCC publishes the A Beka homeschool curriculum that the Bates use: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola_Christian_College#A_Beka_Book

Brandon Keilen's grandfather was a criminal justice professor at PCC for 23 years: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pensacolanewsjournal/obituary.aspx?pid=123949195

Seems ok, i guess. Its not like they have a lot of options....Tori is already in Crown, so it would make more sense for Carlin to start going there since she just graduates this year, maybe she was there too and she just doesnt appear in the photo?

47 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

A really interesting article on PCC: http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1688-5-awful-realities-fundamentalist-christian-college.html

It's from a woman who graduated from there and recounts some of the awful, strange experiences she had. Checks off on all of the crazy. (sorry if this has been posted already, I've been trying to follow the thread as much as possible.)

Edit: I think the school may be accredited now, the article is a few years old.

Here is another article by a graduate which touches upon the accreditation issue, among other things.

Spoiler: she's not a fan

http://samanthapfield.com/2015/04/13/5-good-reasons-not-to-attend-pensacola-christian-college/

42 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I wouldn't paint kids with their parents brush, but grown ass married people with children are not kids.

I wish I had fucks to give about them making adorable babies.

The bolded? ITA

I realize that.  I just used the term to clarify who I was talking about without having to list them all out.  That's all.

No matter how old a person gets, they are still their parents children. 

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So is it tonight that Lawson or Nathan or whoever is gonna announce he's engaged?

I think that is supposed to be next week, the season finale.

1 minute ago, bashfulpixie said:

I realize that.  I just used the term to clarify who I was talking about without having to list them all out.  That's all.

No matter how old a person gets, they are still their parents children. 

Its a bit of a pet peeve of mine when the adult married Duggar women are referred to as "girls". Not that you did that, but I am sensitive in that area.

To the bolded, of course! Thats a biological imperative. Adult children are men and women, not boys and girls. 

This point sometimes gets lost around here, not speaking directly to you but in general.

@SilverBeach  Sorry, didn't realize that was an peeve for some people.  My grandma still refers to her daughters as "her girls" even though none of them are under the age of 60, so I don't really think about it.

2 hours ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if they let some kids study at a college like PCC. Even if they just do so to look normal. They must know how the Duggars come across with they adult kids hanging around at home. There's also the fact that they can afford to send their kids to college now.

But that would go against their religious teachings, would it not? Anyways, I think if they were to send their kids to a real college even if it was suspected they were only doing so to come across as "normal" - this benefits the kids no matter the reasoning.

48 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Here is another article by a graduate which touches upon the accreditation issue, among other things.

Spoiler: she's not a fan

http://samanthapfield.com/2015/04/13/5-good-reasons-not-to-attend-pensacola-christian-college/

That is an excellent article.  Thanks for posting it.

Yep, PCC is "accredited" - by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools.  

I still wouldn't advise anyone to go there for the education.

PCC is another extreme school but fwiw for some people it is the thing that makes them decide they want out. There are dissenters at every school, they are just usually deep in hiding.

38 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

@SilverBeach  Sorry, didn't realize that was an peeve for some people.  My grandma still refers to her daughters as "her girls" even though none of them are under the age of 60, so I don't really think about it.

It's a generational thing.  I'm probably your mother's age. My generation spent a lot of time trying to get people (including our mothers) to call us "women" and take us seriously as adults.  Then the tide turned, and our daughters' peer group rejected their mothers' choice of language and went back to calling themselves "girls."  Your generation's daughters may decide to return to calling themselves women.

It's something of a pet peeve of mine too, but I've pretty much given up on it. ;)

My related pet peeve is the difference between the age at which people start saying man instead of boy and woman instead of girl. 

Boy sounds too childish from around 19, whereas girl can still be used at 40 without anyone taking much notice.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

So is it tonight that Lawson or Nathan or whoever is gonna announce he's engaged?

Tonight Whitney announces her pregnancy.  

47 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That is an excellent article.  Thanks for posting it.

Yep, PCC is "accredited" - by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools.  

I still wouldn't advise anyone to go there for the education.

Not a problem.

I enjoy her site, the writing's very clear. 

Apparently, 3/31 is not the last episode unless they will show 2 episodes in one night.  There is another episode 'The Big Apple of Nathan's Eye.' I am like what does this mean? Will Nathan move to NYC to live? :tw_grin: Kidding.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived