IGNORED

Counting On (everyone being civil in...) - part 2

HerNameIsBuffy

I highly doubt Ben and the baby were left behind. Ben isn't going to take care of the baby while Jessa is gone. It will be left to whatever sister didn't go on the trip.  I could see Jessa being worried that Ben might start doing his own Josh type internet search if left alone for too long. Besides, I am sure they are filming and Ben likely wants his camera time. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

What's the big deal if she stopped breastfeeding? What am I missing here?

Because babies should breastfeed until age 1yr at the very least. For some of us it's as important as proper car seat safety. Plus, in this family to stop breastfeeding early could mean she was trying to get her fertility back to start on baby number two.

1 minute ago, Irish13 said:

Because babies should breastfeed until age 1yr at the very least. For some of us it's as       important as proper car seat safety. Plus, in this family to stop breastfeeding early could mean she was trying to get her fertility back to start on baby number two.

So feeding a baby formula is as dangerous as a car seat being used incorrectly??  Riiiight.

20 hours ago, nst said:

This is why. I love FJ - no clue about breastfeeding.

so in other words, regarding jessa what does that mean?

and does this surprise you mothers out there?

I think Jill still breastfeeding. Maybe she left 86 bottles for spud.

but why would she leave him?

I guess she could have pumped a few gallons for him, but then she'd have to continue to pump while she's away, too. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was never able to pump all that much even with a well-established milk supply. 

Spoiler

yhHUh.gif

Oh snap! at the "Who's still living at home?" and asking JD if his mom still does his laundry at 26.

Also, Jessa and Bin, raise your hands. You basically still live at home.

2 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

I guess she could have pumped a few gallons for him, but then she'd have to continue to pump while she's away, too. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was never able to pump all that much even with a well-established milk supply. 

Pumping seems like it would be way too much work for these people.

Also, can TLC sign an affidavit that Josh won't be in this show at all? And publish it on People magazine?

"We, the board members of TLC and creators of Counting On, under sound body and mind, swear under oath that Joshua Duggar will not be seen or heard in the new show Counting On."

We don't have cable, so I will miss the excitement of the grocery shopping where they buy --gasp-- frozen corn. :gasp:

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We don't have cable, so I will miss the excitement of the grocery shopping where they buy --gasp-- frozen corn. :gasp:

Oh but not just any frozen corn...its "family sized"hahahahaha! Get it??? It's a little bag that says family sized, but it can't feed our gigantic family! Get it??? Hahahaha! Isn't our show hilarious? Sooooo entertaining! 

Of course Bin isn't letting Jessa go anywhere without him. This is the dude that couldn't even let his wife go on stage by herself when she was the speaker at that women's conference thing, and sat next to her grinning stupidly. And afterwards also sat next to her when she was signing her photo's (and so did he... yes, he signed photo's of her) for the leghumpers.
I don't think for a minute that he is letting her go out of the country without him tagging along! 

4 hours ago, karen77 said:

The Frontier harnesses to 85 lbs, (or 90 now , possibly) and is a booster until 120. 

90. This newest version is 90. i knew 90 was one of the weight limits but couldn't remember if that was the harness limit or the booster limit.  pregnancy brain.  She's 36 pounds, so she's got a ways to go.  Good thing she loves this seat and doesn't mind being harnessed at all.

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

The Frontier harnesses to 85 lbs, (or 90 now , possibly) and is a booster until 120. 

I don't have any children so I may not have any clue what I'm talking about... but that seems crazy to me? As a small 120 pound adult, should I be in a booster seat? 

2 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I don't have any children so I may not have any clue what I'm talking about... but that seems crazy to me? As a small 120 pound adult, should I be in a booster seat? 

An adult is a different story.  After puberty your skeleton is hardened and more capable of surviving  a crash.  Height is more critical, regular car seats/seat belts are designed for adults who are 4' 9" and above.  Since I'm assuming you've been through puberty, as long as the seat belt is over your lap (not belly) and hits your shoulder right, your weight doesn't matter.  They do sell boosters for adults, but i think they are mostly for short drivers who need the boost to see out of the car better.

We had a couple of foster kids, and the first thing I asked for was car seats. They were old enough not to need them, and one of them was old enough to get her driver's license, but they were both tiny. She mentioned later that she wondered why we were tying her up in the car.

9 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

An adult is a different story.  After puberty your skeleton is hardened and more capable of surviving  a crash.  Height is more critical, regular car seats/seat belts are designed for adults who are 4' 9" and above.  Since I'm assuming you've been through puberty, as long as the seat belt is over your lap (not belly) and hits your shoulder right, your weight doesn't matter.  They do sell boosters for adults, but i think they are mostly for short drivers who need the boost to see out of the car better.

Never researched carseats since I have yet to have the need... that makes perfect sense. thank you.  

If I remember correctly when reading their first book, Michelle stops breastfeeding earlier than she would like to because it is painful for her.  My guess is inverted nipple or something similar.  And Michelle did use formula.  It was in earlier episodes after their normal show started after the first few specials.

I LOVED the commentary on the GMA sofa after the interview aired.  They seemed pretty darned skeptical about the whole stinking thing.  They definitely have not forgotten about the molestation and the fact that these people went on tv knowing that was happening and hid it to make money.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have never got over Jill and Jessa on Fox, saying that the molestation was no big deal. I think it was a much bigger deal for their younger sisters, and should not have been dismissed so lightly. Go away, Duggars. 

home safely and I had to comment on this - I agree so much about the bolded it is not even funny, and it is truly why these people will be never trusted in my eyes again .. They were liars before (the tire change etc etc) but this was like excuse me not to mention such a disrespect to the others.  Not to mention Jessa's we are a family we don't need no tv crapola nonsense - clearly you were going something but for her to say that she didn't want cameras around is pure nonsense because she didn't have cameras around for what two months and then it was back to business. The gall on her and her husband is interesting and sickening. 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have never got over Jill and Jessa on Fox, saying that the molestation was no big deal. I think it was a much bigger deal for their younger sisters, and should not have been dismissed so lightly. Go away, Duggars. I will not watch, bit I will look forward to Buzzard's recap.

Another statement Jill made on the FOX network Megyn Kelly interview was this: "Statistics say that 2/3 of families deal with something like this and that's only the families who are reporting it."  In other words, Jill believes that most American families have brothers sexually molesting their own sisters!!!!!!!  I couldn't believe she said that; but, yes, she did.

At 1:45 - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/03/14/duggar-siblings-on-brother-josh-weve-forgiven-and-were-moving-on/?intcmp=hpff

1 hour ago, sj3339sta said:

If I remember correctly when reading their first book, Michelle stops breastfeeding earlier than she would like to because it is painful for her.  My guess is inverted nipple or something similar.

She said she has inverted nipples in one of the books, and goes into a rather detailed explanation about how painful it was to breastfeed.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Pumping seems like it would be way too much work for these people.

Michelle was a big pumper as i recall. I remember scenes where she sat pumping and talking to the older girls. And then donating a freezer full of pumped milk when josie couldn't tolerate it.

I won't snark if they quit breastfeeding for health/pain reasons etc.  But to quit in order to get pregnant again? I don't see them shelling out for formula. I know they did for josie, but she was the miracle baby.  I hope they aren't doing that.  Especially since you don't necessarily need to quit to get pregnant. Some might, but i know lots of mom's who nurse one child throughout their entire pregnancy.  Hell, i've nursed my 2/3 year old through two pregnancies now.

as a side note: i never had any real success pumping. so i don't actually like it when people say just pump! when babies are hungry in public, or mom's go back to work or what not. not every woman can.  I was just thinking she *might* have pumped milk before leaving for spud, if he's in fact not with her. Especially since her mom is known as the dairy queen and has lots of pumping experience, and she grew up watching her mom pump.  

but whoever mentioned it up thread, if she wants to continue nursing post trip, then yes, she'll need to keep up the pumping on her little vacation or whatever it is.

Anyone notice Joy looks completely over it with some of the comments?  Looks like she struggling not to roll her eyes at one point early in, and I thought I caught a smirk at like 2:24?  And since when do we see so much knee??! Oh the horror!

6 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

So feeding a baby formula is as dangerous as a car seat being used incorrectly??  Riiiight.

Correct. 

Archived