IGNORED

Paroled from Jesus jail: Josh comes home - part 14

Boogalou

I remember Michelle saying they move on to the computer program once they complete 3rd grade...or may be it was AT third grade.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Josh's first real public appearance will be at a religious event. Maybe a church vigil for something or a prayer meeting where everyone can see Josh and Anna with their little dugglings following behind them. Josh will be carrying a large Bible and wearing his politician wannabe suit. 

21 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think that Josh's first real public appearance will be at a religious event. Maybe a church vigil for something or a prayer meeting where everyone can see Josh and Anna with their little dugglings following behind them. Josh will be carrying a large Bible and wearing his politician wannabe suit. 

I think at this point, Josh's public career is over. He's too much of a liability to the Duggar brand to be seen in public. While there are enough people interested in watching the J'slaves and the other older J'boys to keep the show going (for now), no one wants to see Josh. The entire leghumper rationale for bringing the show back was that the other kids did nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished for Josh's bad behavior. Bring Josh back, and how do you defend that? I know some people are buying the "he was only a confused, curious boy" routine, but given how much negativity is being expressed about the new show and the Duggars in general, it would not be in their interests to have Josh out in public again.

16 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think at this point, Josh's public career is over. He's too much of a liability to the Duggar brand to be seen in public. While there are enough people interested in watching the J'slaves and the other older J'boys to keep the show going (for now), no one wants to see Josh. The entire leghumper rationale for bringing the show back was that the other kids did nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished for Josh's bad behavior. Bring Josh back, and how do you defend that? I know some people are buying the "he was only a confused, curious boy" routine, but given how much negativity is being expressed about the new show and the Duggars in general, it would not be in their interests to have Josh out in public again.

I agree. I doubt they will be bringing Josh back, at least not now, why should they? It might increase their views for an episode or two, but a public backlash is guaranteed and I doubt TLC would want to risk to lose the remaining sponsors. Also, who knows what other skeletons Joshley has hidden? If he comes back to the limelight, some people might be inclined to investigate or even spill the beans. No need to stir up potential trouble, let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe a few years down the road, if he managed to behave and didn't screw up again, a comeback could be a possibility, but right now, it would be a really bad idea.

On 3/17/2016 at 9:41 PM, season of life said:

Derick may have been in a bad place due to the death of his dad. He may have thought the Duggars were enticing because of all the family members and surely he was attracted to Jill. I think Derick is a naive type of person and he may have gotten arrogant after spending so much time with the Duggars, believing he's better than others.

Jill was pretty obsessive with Derrick after they married. It has been noted she spent every waking moment with Derrick even bringing him lunch and picking him up from work every day.  That would drive me nuts. Can you imagine all the Duggars hanging out at the newlyweds homes not giving them any time for each other or themselves.

On 3/31/2016 at 10:00 PM, Jucifer said:

This thread makes me think of Marjoe Gortner, does anyone remember him?  He was so great in Food of the Gods, and other movies. ;) 

I hope to meet him some day. :D

I recall seeing a documentary about him when he came clean about the revival scam.

19 hours ago, MsSourPickle said:

Jill was pretty obsessive with Derrick after they married. It has been noted she spent every waking moment with Derrick even bringing him lunch and picking him up from work every day.  That would drive me nuts. Can you imagine all the Duggars hanging out at the newlyweds homes not giving them any time for each other or themselves.

She was obsessive even before that. I forget when, but she said something about how after coming back from Nepal, she would cry herself to sleep every night because she missed him so much. She came across as so desperately lonely to me, like she needed someone completely focused on her and who could could completely focus on. I can see why someone like Derrick would find that appealing, but I would have lost my mind dealing with someone like that.

16 hours ago, Howl said:

I recall seeing a documentary about him when he came clean about the revival scam.

Yes!  It was called Marjoe, and won the Oscar in 1972 for Best Documentary.  TOTALLY worth a look, because I don't think we would ever see anything like it made today.  

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, EmCatlyn said:

14K&PA came out in 2004.  Twelve years ago there still were a number of people that had computers but no internet.  If the computers were a couple of years old they may not have had modems or the modems may have not been fast enough for text.  So maybe the "no internet."

Also, they definitely got internet somewhere along the way, because they showed Jessa searching online for bridesmaid dresses.

51 minutes ago, lascuba said:

She was obsessive even before that. I forget when, but she said something about how after coming back from Nepal, she would cry herself to sleep every night because she missed him so much. She came across as so desperately lonely to me, like she needed someone completely focused on her and who could could completely focus on. I can see why someone like Derrick would find that appealing, but I would have lost my mind dealing with someone like that.

It might have been more appealing to Derrick when he was in Nepal than it was once they got married. Clingy can be tough to deal with, I know I wouldn't do well.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think this shows Jill didn't have much else in her life at the time. For years I have watched young women wait for LDS missionaries to return. That 2 years is their time. Most know that if all goes as planned they will be married within months of the missionary's return and starting a family. Some girls go to college, some work and save money for a house, and some travel. The girls have busy full lives during that 2 year wait. Jill had a 6 month or less wait but what did she have to do except dream of Derrick? help James with math flashcards? cook dinner for the family?

I think the clingy Jill got old after awhile for Derrick. After you have finally had the all important fundy sex, life has to get really boring when you spend 24/7 with someone who has no interests other than you. Take a college educated guy who now stuck with a woman who reads nothing other than selected passages of the Bible, and only knows what Daddy has taught her, and he will likely end up losing IQ points by the day.

Didn't Derrick used to have friends and interests? Now he is a "missionary" who only "works" two days a week preaching to people who can't understand him and who already know Jesus. They are all stuck together basically five days a week. I would be bored out of my mind, even if I had a fully stocked Kindle. I don't for a minute believe he doesn't have regrets about the turn his life had taken. I am sure he loves Izzy and Jill but I don't doubt he would do things differently if he could. 

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I think this shows Jill didn't have much else in her life at the time. For years I have watched young women wait for LDS missionaries to return. That 2 years is their time. Most know that if all goes as planned they will be married within months of the missionary's return and starting a family. Some girls go to college, some work and save money for a house, and some travel. The girls have busy full lives during that 2 year wait. Jill had a 6 month or less wait but what did she have to do except dream of Derrick? help James with math flashcards? cook dinner for the family?

I think that Jill has a bit of a martyr complex (cf. I WAS IN LABOR FOR 800 BAJILLION HOURS and LOOK AT ME IN THIS DANGEROUS LAND OF BROWN PEOPLE) and probably played up the whole OH MY LOVE IS SO FAR ACROSS THE ENDLESS SEA schtick a bit for sympathy and attention.

Seriously, I live 3000 miles away from my family and friends (and before that, I lived 7000 miles away), and if any of them acted like this, I'd develop a plug-in for Skype that would let me remotely smack some sense into them. I miss my family and friends a lot (and I certainly hope they miss me), but it's unhealthy to spend all your time weeping about the fact that they're not in the room with you all the time.

I almost spit my coffee out at "dangerous land of brown people." 

As for Derick, I do wonder if he's kept in touch with any of his friends from his 'former life.' I know last year he was in one of their weddings. But I just wonder if he even talks to them at all. They seemed very normal compared to the Duggars.

22 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I almost spit my coffee out at "dangerous land of brown people." 

As for Derick, I do wonder if he's kept in touch with any of his friends from his 'former life.' I know last year he was in one of their weddings. But I just wonder if he even talks to them at all. They seemed very normal compared to the Duggars.

I find it striking that the Duggars keep focusing on external danger, much of it theoretical, while ignoring the internal danger.  The Duggars raised their girls to yell "Nike" so the boys wouldnt look upon some cleavage.  They homeskooled the children to protect them from "worldly" and "ungodly" thoughts.  In present days, they fear gangs and cougars but they ignore transverse babies and hemorrhages during birth.  

Izzy sucks on operating appliances, josh puts his peter in as many places as possible, Joy drives without glasses... The Duggars need not fear the "brown people."  They are a danger unto themselves.  

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I find it striking that the Duggars keep focusing on external danger, much of it theoretical, while ignoring the internal danger.  The Duggars raised their girls to yell "Nike" so the boys wouldnt look upon some cleavage.  They homeskooled the children to protect them from "worldly" and "ungodly" thoughts.  In present days, they fear gangs and cougars but they ignore transverse babies and hemorrhages during birth.  

Izzy sucks on operating appliances, josh puts his peter in as many places as possible, Joy drives without glasses... The Duggars need not fear the "brown people."  They are a danger unto themselves.  

Bwahahahahaha.  Best description of Joshgate 2.0 ever! 

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think that Jill has a bit of a martyr complex (cf. I WAS IN LABOR FOR 800 BAJILLION HOURS and LOOK AT ME IN THIS DANGEROUS LAND OF BROWN PEOPLE) and probably played up the whole OH MY LOVE IS SO FAR ACROSS THE ENDLESS SEA schtick a bit for sympathy and attention.

I agree 100%.

I also think she is the type of person who does things because she expects (or thinks, I don't know) something nice in return. So, she does a favour, she thinks she'll automatically get one in return.

Sorry love, life does NOT work that way. Also if you do things because you expect something in return, you're doing those things for the wrong reason.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

100% agree.

Though I totally read that as "Izzy sucks AT operating appliances" and all I could think was "I mean, OK, we talk a lot about the inadequacy of the Duggar homeskooling system and how Jill isn't exactly a shining beacon of intellect or common sense, but the kid's one year old, he doesn't need to know how a blender works just yet".

35 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

100% agree.

Though I totally read that as "Izzy sucks AT operating appliances" and all I could think was "I mean, OK, we talk a lot about the inadequacy of the Duggar homeskooling system and how Jill isn't exactly a shining beacon of intellect or common sense, but the kid's one year old, he doesn't need to know how a blender works just yet".

Slacker. He should be doing laundry by now

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Slacker. He should be doing laundry by now

No, he should be expecting his unborn sisters to be doing his laundry--because even unborn females like to do laundry.

7 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I agree 100%.

I also think she is the type of person who does things because she expects (or thinks, I don't know) something nice in return. So, she does a favour, she thinks she'll automatically get one in return.

Sorry love, life does NOT work that way. Also if you do things because you expect something in return, you're doing those things for the wrong reason.

I don't see that at all. I think Jill is a bit to sweet for the enviroment she is in. Like when she told she would take a cracker to the bathroom, because she was to hungry to share. Jessa would just have warned people to stay away from her cracker.

Derick has been trying to find himself, he has been lost since his father died, and Jill just tags allong instead of gently giding him back on his feet. She let him quit his job, when she just had a newborn. She let him move far away from her family, she let his hair grow wild...

She wanted to be a nurse, but JB said midwife, so midwife it was. She clearly wanted to hug Derick when courting, but faith said no, so no it was. 

She didn't learn to think about her own wishes. She learned to hope for some crumps dropped to the floor. I think she is one of the most sad Duglings.

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived