IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

So is her husband giving up the preacher thing? Is there just not work or did he decide it wasn't for him after she got him fired?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers me with the future prospect of a J'Slave being sent to help Sierra out (just as a "sweet fellow church member" "volunteered" to help Michelle after she snapped) is that in the twisted fundy brain, the arrival of help JUSTIFIES your screwed up lifestyle.  "Oh I thought I couldn't cope with this litterful of kids I decided to birth, but I prayed to Jesus about it and he sent me help--so I must be on the right track and should keep on popping out the babies."

There is no incentive to sit down and analyze your life choices that led you to this breakdown moment, because Jesus fixed it for you.

3 hours ago, season of life said:

I'm seeing a trend of people marrying pretty young and having their first baby a few years after. Sierra, Alyssa, Ben... I know there are some who do marry that young and have good lives, but it seems unfair to have to be responsible for a little human at their ages.

I think it's only a trend in certain circles. Certain 'cultures' and whatnot.

Definitely not a trend in my social circle. Most people I know didn't get married until well into their 20's. Many didn't start having children until their 30's.

(It was different in previous generations though. Our parents, for example, got married younger and had families younger.)

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I have read the blog post. Even though he may say he's on board, he may gradually become uncomfortable with having to be the breadwinner for an ever-growing family. I can't imagine the pressure of knowing that each year you might need to stretch your earnings to accommodate a new baby. If Sierra has another baby in the year or so, I think it will become virtually impossible for her to continue her strawberry business with SIX little ones underfoot. UNLESS she gets major childcare help from her parents or from a J'Slave.

I am of the belief she does get childcare help from the Duggars.  There have been posts by her that say things like "I choose Joy" (which was talked about here) and I don't think she means the virtue, she means the Duggar.  

It is a matter of time before Johannah and Jennifer are sent to her.

She is also unfortunate in the fact that her oldest daughter is only 1.5-2. Years away from reaching sister mom status. I actually like Sierra. She seems to love her husband and kids and has a desire to make people feel special. I don't see her stopping her quiver tho. JB and Michelle always say having 5 kids was their hardest years. She will get over the slump soon enough when poor Ellyn and Edyn get older. I just hope when that happens she doesn't turn into a distant mother like Michelle.

5 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

Have you ever read her blog post about how they met? I get the vibe he's pretty on board with leaving the amount of kids up to God.

But I have a real soft spot for Sierra. Her old blog posts make it sound like she was just a lost 19 year old (as many of us have been) and instead of being able to get through that she was drug headfirst into religion by a boy she thought was hot. I know she's an adult and can make her own decisions, but I think her husband borderline slut-shamed her into religion and to make amends for all her past mistakes she downed the Kool-Aid and jumped into skirts.

I got that same impression from her post that she was a lost 19 year old. I have talked about my ex-friend before but I think something like this was happening with her. Everyone her age ( the few friends she had) were off to college (away from home). Her parents couldn't afford to send her school. So in trying to find herself she turned to religion. Which could be what happened to Sierra.  

Sierra certainly seems to pay more attention to her kids that Michelle. But I have to wonder what Michelle was like when she had "only" 5 kids.

And, as has been mentioned before, Sierra's oldest 3 are boys.  She does not have a future CinderJana tucked in between Boy # 1 and Boy # 2, which means a few extra years before her girls are old enough to help with any younger siblings.

I agree that it's kind of a mystery to me what role her husband plays in all of this.  If she is truly submissive, would she "submit" to her headship's proclamation of no more kids?  And of course, would he ever even make such a proclamation/does he subscribe to QF?

I finally went to her FB page to check out her wedding photos and dang...Mark has gotten way hotter as he's aged.  As for Sierra, I agree that she looks older than 25, but she looked older than her age back when she got married, too.  I'm sure part of it is that having so many small children has aged her, but she also seems to just have an "I look older than I am" kind of face.

37 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Sierra certainly seems to pay more attention to her kids that Michelle. But I have to wonder what Michelle was like when she had "only" 5 kids.

Michelle didn't have room where they were living at the car lot for five kids.  It looks like Sierra at least has adequate housing for her brood.  That has to make a big difference.

On 3/29/2016 at 5:04 PM, NeverAFundie said:

I say this all the time about people who just work my very last nerve, or otherwise wear me out.  It makes me smile to know I'm not the only one!

Some people and their antics just drain all my energy. They should have to wear a warning like cigarettes or liquor.

Oh man, I just went down the rabbit hole of Sierra's wedding pictures on Facebook. For Mark being 7-8 years older than her, he kind of looked the same age as her in those.

I was just looking at her Facebook too.  In her pregnancy album there is a photo of her heavily pregnant wearing a bikini so Im guessing it was after the first couple of children she started embracing fundiedom. 

21 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So is her husband giving up the preacher thing? Is there just not work or did he decide it wasn't for him after she got him fired?

Apparently not... He works at a furniture store now, but I don't know how that can sustain a family of 7. Sierra's getting paid by TLC for show appearances, right? Maybe that brings in some cash.

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Apparently not... He works at a furniture store now, but I don't know how that can sustain a family of 7. Sierra's getting paid by TLC for show appearances, right? Maybe that brings in some cash.

I think it must--& I guess she makes a little with the strawberries business. But they have a decent looking house--I'd like to know how he is paying the mortgage & feeding the family of 7. I assume he has no job security, no pension, and no savings  (Of course I assume that most fundy families that we watch have very little in the way of savings). Perhaps family helped them buy the house.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think it must--& I guess she makes a little with the strawberries business. But they have a decent looking house--I'd like to know how he is paying the mortgage & feeding the family of 7. I assume he has no job security, no pension, and no savings  (Of course I assume that most fundy families that we watch have very little in the way of savings). Perhaps family helped them buy the house.

since real estate is my passion and job- I looked up homes where they live $115,000

dear lord - my apartment I just bought to rent out was 3 x MORE than that. 

the market here is insane - a tear down is $3m

Christ on a cracker, these people...

Sierra posted about how her husband got up early on Easter & went to Walmart & bought Easter goodies for the kids & several gifts for her--and put them in gift boxes.  

One of her leghumping fans replied:

"Who knew love like this even still existed?"

Honey, her husband went to Walmart and bought her some gifts. That does not make him husband of the century.

over and over again, I see fundy women declaring that their husband is an extra special snowflake overachiever because he does ONE kind thing to them.  Do they really believe that all other American husbands do nothing but grunt, belch & beat their wives?

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Sierra posted about how her husband got up early on Easter & went to Walmart & bought Easter goodies for the kids & several gifts for her--and put them in gift boxes

Honey, her husband went to Walmart and bought her some gifts. That does not make him husband of the century.

over and over again, I see fundy women declaring that their husband is an extra special snowflake overachiever because he does ONE kind thing to them.  Do they really believe that all other American husbands do nothing but grunt, belch & beat their wives?

All other American husbands might do nice things, but that don't do it because of God. That is the message I usually take away from Fundie wife spouse swooning.

I saw that Instagram nonsense.  It made me gaggy because she's bragging about the Easter haul she got.  I'm loved = giant pile o' crap from walmart.  

The 'take notes' hashtag strikes me as incredibly condescending.  Sweetie, I've got 22 years on you...married for 24 years, with a wonderful husband and three kids who crack me up on a daily basis.  Thanks but no thanks...

Where are you all seeing the wedding pictures? I used to be able to see older ones, but now I can only see recent pictures. :pb_neutral:

Every time I see "Khai" on one of her posts I misread it as Khal and wonder briefly why she named a son after Khal Drogo. Yikes.

42 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I saw that Instagram nonsense.  It made me gaggy because she's bragging about the Easter haul she got.  I'm loved = giant pile o' crap from walmart.  

She's bragging about her Easter haul just like a 6-year old would brag about his.

:tw_dissapointed_relieved:I'm sad because my husband has never brought me home a mug from Walmart.:tw_dissapointed_relieved:

I find it interesting that she could "FEEL" God telling her to write a blog.  So, God has enough spare time on Easter Morning to tell Sierra to write a blog?

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

I find it interesting that she could "FEEL" God telling her to write a blog.  So, God has enough spare time on Easter Morning to tell Sierra to write a blog?

Well, God is always after me to eat chocolate.

21 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

And, as has been mentioned before, Sierra's oldest 3 are boys.  She does not have a future CinderJana tucked in between Boy # 1 and Boy # 2, which means a few extra years before her girls are old enough to help with any younger siblings.

I agree that it's kind of a mystery to me what role her husband plays in all of this.  If she is truly submissive, would she "submit" to her headship's proclamation of no more kids?  And of course, would he ever even make such a proclamation/does he subscribe to QF?

I finally went to her FB page to check out her wedding photos and dang...Mark has gotten way hotter as he's aged.  As for Sierra, I agree that she looks older than 25, but she looked older than her age back when she got married, too.  I'm sure part of it is that having so many small children has aged her, but she also seems to just have an "I look older than I am" kind of face.

Probably not, most QF proponents believe that the only person to whom a woman answers with higher authority than her father/husband is god, so the only time you can refuse to submit is if you believe he will cause you to go against god. See Preparing to Be His Helpmeet, Pearl encourages women whose husbands want to begin using birth control to show their husbands that they WANT to submit to him, but on that issue cannot because it goes against god, and show him scriptures to convince him/wear him down on the matter.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Sierra posted about how her husband got up early on Easter & went to Walmart & bought Easter goodies for the kids & several gifts for her--and put them in gift boxes.  

Yeah, they kind of do. It's incredibly sad, but the undercurrent among fundie women's attitude toward men is overwhelmingly one of fear. You need an accountability partner/chaperone to provide protection. You want a man who is slow to anger (which they believe is hard to find) so he doesn't flip on you one day. Men can't control themselves so we have to do it for them. If you don't dress or act appropriately and a man takes advantage of or harms you, it may be your fault because he can't be expected to act appropriately. 

And, really, I don't blame these women for being so afraid of men. They are told it is their god-given duty to bind themselves to a man they can never really get to know privately, but they are also told that men are implicitly and scripturally allowed to control all aspects of their wives' lives. They are told men can't control themselves, men are more aggressive, Satan tempts men specifcally to harm women. And if you get married and your husband beats you, you can't get divorced, you just have to hope you can be a godly example to lead him back to Christ. 

Fundie women generally believe that only a godly man can be a decent man, so if they treat her even approaching well, they have to praise him for his ability to resist the temptation to act according to their "nature".

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived