IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ophelia said:

where did you see this? it fits perfectly!!!!

Someone had posted it to FB, but it looks like twitter originally. Makes me think I should actually log into twitter occasionally...

yeah.. me too!

This account could belong to someone from FJ. It's funny, brilliant and smart enough ;-). At least judged by this one posting.

It was probably directed at Joel Osteen or any number of others—it just happens to fit John because the world has entirely too many of these assholes.

I'd love to go to a service with John and ask him about the plane, the well, the house on the hill, and asking for money in his dead sister's name among other things.  I never will, but I wish I could.

2 hours ago, Manda said:

I'd love to go to a service with John and ask him about the plane, the well, the house on the hill, and asking for money in his dead sister's name among other things.  I never will, but I wish I could.

Since I will be in Zambia in late May I should look them up and ask him about the plane-maybe if I bring him snack food he will tell me? 

Countess, please do!---I'll even send a bit of money to a PayPal account to help buy jerky and seeds.  Would LOVE to see what a "typical" day is like for them.

Esther's typical day is probably really hard. John, though, seems to do nothing but post on FB about how awesome he is. He is living an easy life. He doesn't have to work and people just give him stuff. 

That tweet probably had Creflo Dollar in mind.  The guy who asked his congregation to buy him a 70 million dollar plane.

12 hours ago, countressrascal said:

Since I will be in Zambia in late May I should look them up and ask him about the plane-maybe if I bring him snack food he will tell me? 

I wouldn't ask you to do that and I think John gets plenty of snack food sent to him.  I'd definitely donate to a mosquito repellent fund for the kids though!

When you are in Zambia if you happen to meet any missionaries other than John I'd love it if you ask them if they know him - and what they think!   

Rea has been silent since October, I wonder how his stay in Zambia is going. 

14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I wouldn't ask you to do that and I think John gets plenty of snack food sent to him.  I'd definitely donate to a mosquito repellent fund for the kids though!

When you are in Zambia if you happen to meet any missionaries other than John I'd love it if you ask them if they know him - and what they think!   

You can not turn around in Zambia and not run into a missionary-last summer (6 weeks) when I was there we ran into a different missionary couple every couple of days-some there for humanity reasons, who I respect, others were bible thumpers who I would avoid at all costs. 

3 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

You can not turn around in Zambia and not run into a missionary-last summer (6 weeks) when I was there we ran into a different missionary couple every couple of days-some there for humanity reasons, who I respect, others were bible thumpers who I would avoid at all costs. 

Do ask a few questions when you meet the ones you can respect.  I'd like to think there was something of a safety net in place for the Shrader kids and Esther.  I remember my family having to take in a few offspring of Poisonwood Bible types on occasion.  The parents had fucked up in various ways and they need a temporary place to stay before being put on planes and sent back to family in their countries of origin.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Do ask a few questions when you meet the ones you can respect.  I'd like to think there was something of a safety net in place for the Shrader kids and Esther.  I remember my family having to take in a few offspring of Poisonwood Bible types on occasion.  The parents had fucked up in various ways and they need a temporary place to stay before being put on planes and sent back to family in their countries of origin.

The ones that are there for something other than annoying for jesus-build schools, medical clinics then staff them. Help dig wells, install solar power for villages, help develop micro businesses etc. something that benefits the people. I do know that there is a network of missionaries there who help each other out when an emergency arises, I don't know if John is part of the network due to his ego.

11 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

The ones that are there for something other than annoying for jesus-build schools, medical clinics then staff them. Help dig wells, install solar power for villages, help develop micro businesses etc. something that benefits the people. I do know that there is a network of missionaries there who help each other out when an emergency arises, I don't know if John is part of the network due to his ego.

I'm sure he is not.  Those other missionaries are not the right sort of missionary!  I'm also very sure the other missionaries would rally around anyway if something bad happened.  John is probably very noticeable as he drives around in his flashy Troupie and it's not as though they are in some remote village.  The expat community must be aware of him even if he hasn't registered at the Consulate and doesn't have an actual mission behind him.

Two of the incidents that I remember with Poisonwood types - one was when the family arrogantly ignored advice from locals and took a swim in a crocodile infested river.  The locals managed to save the kids and the mother (a few limbs were badly mangled) but the father died.  The other one was when the mother had a complete breakdown and the father took no notice.  Again, the locals quickly contacted other missionaries who were able to intervene before anything really dire happened.

People aren't heartless.

John just posted a quote about how Baptist are the original Christians and they have existed from the very days of Christ. Baptist, of course, have never ever persecuted anyone. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John just posted a quote about how Baptist are the original Christians and they have existed from the very days of Christ. Baptist, of course, have never ever persecuted anyone. :pb_rollseyes:

I always get a good laugh when someone brings out that particular bit of nonsense.

John is just so full of himself and his errant Christian history.  If he had attended an actual seminary with real Biblical scholars, he'd know that.

3 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Where does he post his photos and crap these days?

John Esther Shrader facebook page.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, EscapedCardinal said:

It was probably directed at Joel Osteen or any number of others—it just happens to fit John because the world has entirely too many of these assholes.

I'm quite sure that Joel knows where his plane is...

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

I'm quite sure that Joel knows where his plane is...

For real, though. The only thing worse than squandering your congregation's money on a plane for yourself is squandering them on a plane that you can't even use/that doesn't exist.

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And they are DEFINITELY NOT PROTESTANTS :pb_confused:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived