IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Chicago?  Makes me wonder why I always paid for my own moves and living expenses....guess I didn't know I could get s church to foot the bill.

why would they send missionaries to Chicago?  If people here aren't converted it's not because we lack access to churches.  That's kind of hilarious.

In retrospect, sending missionaries anywhere in the US is mindblowingly stupid to me, even if I was still a Christian, since I'd venture to say there's nowhere in the US that hasn't heard about Jesus. But his reasoning specifically was that tons of immigrants come through Chicago from all over the world, and if he could reach them they would turn around and reach their friends and families back in their home country and it was like being a missionary all over the world without the expense. If I remember correctly, he worked with or for (don't remember which) Bearing Precious Seeds and carried around tracts in dozens and dozens of different languages to pass out.  

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Agape had her 8th birthday.  She and her sister made the cake (looks impressive), and John made "Love-sanga" which is lasagna in Shrader-speak.  Her "main present" was a foot-spa, which I thought odd for an 8-year-old, but she looks thrilled.  Seems she has a servant's-heart (who doesn't?) and loves to give pedicures to all.

Well, now that there's a new baby, I'm sure she's next on the list for her very own mobi-wrap. Spending all day cleaning house and carting the littles around must be tiring on her feet :pb_rollseyes:

A servant's heart, sure. But on the pics, she didn't wash and massage the girls'feet......... I'm not surprised...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived