IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

9 minutes ago, refugee said:

Is it conceivable that he asked a local what the word was for truth, and the local told him, with a straight face, a word meaning something like asshole?

It's possible. I can't find the word kasimpe anywhere in a Tongan to English online translator. Or vice versa, for that matter. The only word for 'truth' that comes up is 'totonu.' :my_dodgy:

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh boy.  I don't think they have the "when Christian Harry met Christian Sally" bio anywhere.  As to what they were doing 14 - 15 years ago ... somewhere in the Archives we have John's own version of a resume.  He posted it on Pickles and Hairspray when he lost his temper spectacularly.  We saved it for posterity and made fun of it. :)

Since it took me a bit of searching to find, I'll post the link here in case anyone else is interested.  And THANK YOU!

Just now, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Since it took me a bit of searching to find, I'll post the link here in case anyone else is interested.  And THANK YOU!

No, THANK YOU!  I'm not very good at searching the archives or I would have done it for you. :)

2 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

You all are spot on about his personality. In real life (not just his online persona) he is selfish, arrogant, prideful, boastful, uses others, lies when it suits his purpose, twists stories to make himself sound better, overlooks his wife and children except in cases where others can see and it makes him look better, manipulative, downright rude, thinks he's the only person capable of accurately interpreting scripture, the first person to tell you you're wrong and he disagrees with you, often lazy, makes mountains out of molehills, grandiose, over-spiritualizes everything, a bully, a name caller, easily angered, narcissistic, full of himself... Need I go on? All this and he is a master manipulator at making people genuinely like him in person. I am literally amazed and ashamed when I realize how long he led myself and so many others on. Part of this is due to the fact that when he realizes he's genuinely hurt or angered you to the point of getting himself in trouble, he is quick to come make a fake public apology to you (tears and all) to make himself appear more righteous and kind (though that's the furthest from the truth). He tricked me for a long time. I am deceived no more! 

Am I correct in thinking that when the family arrived at the immigration desk at the airport in Lusaka minus the correçt paperwork that John sat on the floor and cried ? ( I'm sure I'm not imagining that I read about it somewhere in the threads  tŵo years ago). The family arrived in Zambia In June of 2014.

Esther was heavily pregnant with Umpteen small children to look after. John just sat and cried 

on the floor of the airport?

I can well imagine the scene having just read your description of John.

5 hours ago, Season of life... said:

@Gimme a Free RV said: "I also hope John's "seed" production comes to a grinding halt".

I agree; I hope the only "seed" John is dispensing in the foreseeable future is of the ranch flavored sunflower variety.

Actually, I doubt he shares any largesse from home, especially the sunflower seeds, though God knows if anyone deserves a 'push present', it's Esther.

C'mon John, toss her a bag!

He tossed her a sack for sure, at least 9 (?) times, with many more to "come."

12 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

@clearingthingsup do you know Ester too? What is she like?

@Grimalkin she's a very sweet lady. She isn't very independent though, doesn't question anything she's been taught. Would act horrified and appalled if you ever mentioned anything that seemed "unkosher" to her. I have never seen her angry or passionate about anything, she usually is very even-tempered and calm about everything. I really do care about Esther but she supports John completely and I think she doesn't feel that his behavior is abnormal. She comes from a background where running all over your wife and using her is normal. :/

Thank you @clearingthingsup I was afraid you would say that.  All the Waller daughters seem like nice people. I think she has it the worse out of all of them. It's as if the Waller parents hate their daughters.

Thank you so much for coming here too. It's been fun reading your inside scoop! 

Out of the people we snark on this man  angers more

than most. 

4 hours ago, englandgirl24 said:

What are the full names of John's kids?

Here they are, along with their birthdates: 

Enoch    17-Jan-03
Alatheia    13-Mar-04
Timothy    2-Aug-05
Nehemiah    20-Jan-07
Agape    3-Jun-08
Elijah    28-Feb-10
Charis    25-Jun-11
Sophia Joy    6-Mar-13
Stephen Lushomo    10-Sep-14
Isaiah Kasimpe    2-Jun-16

I don't have middle names for the eldest 7. 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Here they are, along with their birthdates: 

Enoch    17-Jan-03
Alatheia    13-Mar-04
Timothy    2-Aug-05
Nehemiah    20-Jan-07
Agape    3-Jun-08
Elijah    28-Feb-10
Charis    25-Jun-11
Sophia Joy    6-Mar-13
Stephen Lushomo    10-Sep-14
Isaiah Kasimpe    2-Jun-16

I don't have middle names for the eldest 7. 

I think Charis is Charis Elizabeth?

Why don't they all just come home?? Really don't think they are doing anyone any good hopping all over Africa.

It's funny in a way. Both John & a man he despises, Donald trump, have so much in common. 

Starting with narcissism and conning people. 

@clearingthingsup thanks for the scoop. Do most people seem to see the truth about John as they get to know him? It's so obvious to us as outsiders 

4 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

The biggest problem is the majority of the time missionaries are so booked on deputation they don't get a lot of time to meet and get to know the church. Pastors are expected to see that 15 minute YouTube presentation and hear the missionary speak once or twice, take them out to dinner Sunday night, and have a decision by the next week. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but unfortunately this is how a lot of churches handle it. It *is* very irresponsible. I'll be the first to admit that. A couple days is not long enough to get all the info on a mission you would need, and most churches are lucky if they get one entire day. 

My former church did not support the Shraders, it was Bobby Bonner they supported. 

And I completely agree with the bit I quoted above. Additionally, IFB churches are all about that "I" in their names. Many of them pride themselves on being answerable to no other churches/mission boards, etc., and practices can vary wildly. I know many people have expressed that their church would never send a missionary with that many kids to the field, and I have no doubt that that's true. But for many IFB churches that isn't true, and especially given that IFB churches are the preferred denomination for the majority of ATI/quiverfull families, seeing missionaries with that many kids isn't necessarily out of the ordinary for a subset of IFB. My church did support one missionary (to Chicago of all places) with something like 12/13 kids, and you just didn't question it. God decided the size of the family, God called the family where he wills, God will therefore provide, and who are you to question God? 

5 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

It's funny in a way. Both John & a man he despises, Donald trump, have so much in common. 

Starting with narcissism and conning people. 

@clearingthingsup thanks for the scoop. Do most people seem to see the truth about John as they get to know him? It's so obvious to us as outsiders 

I think most people do gradually come to realize. As I stated earlier, he's a master manipulator. He's really good at making people like him in person. As long as you think he's good ol' righteous missionary boy John, he'll be your best buddy, he will pat you on the back, call you brother, fall over himself trying to please you with that cheesy (creepy) grin of his. But the second you question his doctrines or motives, he will turn nasty. One of my friends spent a fairly decent amount of time with him at his home church and she has a horror story or ten to tell over that period of time. She thinks the main reason the home church didn't catch on right away is that John really didn't spend a lot of time there. A lot of his time was spent traveling to raise $$$. I think that's the main reason he keeps on the move so much, once you spend enough time with him, you catch on to the fact that he's really just a terrible person with pretentious self righteous aggrandizations of himself. Maybe the other part of the lack of realization comes from the fact that the church members have actual lives and don't spend all their time on Facebook like John does. So they never saw that part of him, at least not often. 

6 minutes ago, klavierspieler said:

My former church did not support the Shraders, it was Bobby Bonner they supported. 

And I completely agree with the bit I quoted above. Additionally, IFB churches are all about that "I" in their names. Many of them pride themselves on being answerable to no other churches/mission boards, etc., and practices can vary wildly. I know many people have expressed that their church would never send a missionary with that many kids to the field, and I have no doubt that that's true. But for many IFB churches that isn't true, and especially given that IFB churches are the preferred denomination for the majority of ATI/quiverfull families, seeing missionaries with that many kids isn't necessarily out of the ordinary for a subset of IFB. My church did support one missionary (to Chicago of all places) with something like 12/13 kids, and you just didn't question it. God decided the size of the family, God called the family where he wills, God will therefore provide, and who are you to question God? 

This is very much the view in the subset of the churches I am part of. Our church is actually in the process of forming a type of "application" process to go through for missionaries so that this doesn't occur again for us, and we are more aware of our missionaries goals/plans/doctrines/beliefs etc

12 minutes ago, klavierspieler said:

To the bolded - this can be an awesome thing, because if there's a doctrine we find to be unbiblical, we aren't required to abide by it (quiverfull/spanking/no speaking of women in the church, as examples). But there is also definitely a downside because there is strength in numbers and we are unfortunately less organized than many other denominations - which allows men like John to slip in unbeknownst to the majority. 

Very glad that things went well for Esther. I was starting to get worried. And at least they had someone there with them to deliver instead of it being unassisted or - I shudder at the thought - John delivering the baby. I'm sure he'd make Esther do it herself, though. He doesn't seem like the type that would get down and dirty during the expulsion of the next "heritage".

Speaking of the heritage, did anyone else catch the post about the crib? :crazy:

Welcome to FJ, @clearingthingsup, and thank you so much for your insight on this insane man.

2 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

at least they had someone there with them to deliver instead of it being unassisted or - I shudder at the thought - John delivering the baby. I'm sure he'd make Esther do it herself, though. He doesn't seem like the type that would get down and dirty during the expulsion of the next "heritage"....

Welcome to FJ, @clearingthingsup, and thank you so much for your insight on this insane man.

You're totally welcome @theinvisiblegirl :my_biggrin: 

Also I think you'd be surprised to know that John loves to boast to people how he's caught every single one of their babies (all have been homebirth I believe). He's so enthralled with this that you'd literally think he'd pushed the baby out himself. :my_confused:

2 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

You're totally welcome @theinvisiblegirl :my_biggrin: 

Also I think you'd be surprised to know that John loves to boast to people how he's caught every single one of their babies (all have been homebirth I believe). He's so enthralled with this that you'd literally think he'd pushed the baby out himself. :my_confused:

Oh he has? Ugh. I'd never let that man anywhere near any part of my body.

To the bold, I feel like, from what I've read about John on FJ, he probably just disregards Esther's entire part in the carrying, labor, and delivery process. It's all about him him him!

6 hours ago, Aine said:

I think Charis is Charis Elizabeth?

Yes. I have all the middle names for the girls, I can't remember how, probably from facebook a long time ago. It's Alatheia Joy, Agape Faith, Charis Elizabeth, and Sophia Joy (yes there is repetition). I don't have the eldest 4 boys' middle names though.

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Am I correct in thinking that when the family arrived at the immigration desk at the airport in Lusaka minus the correçt paperwork that John sat on the floor and cried ? ( I'm sure I'm not imagining that I read about it somewhere in the threads  tŵo years ago). The family arrived in Zambia In June of 2014.

Did that really happen?? I'm in schock!

11 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Am I correct in thinking that when the family arrived at the immigration desk at the airport in Lusaka minus the correçt paperwork that John sat on the floor and cried ?

I think John crying to get into Zambia may just have been our snark.  John was fully aware before the plane took off that the long-term visas and residency permit had not come through.  He decided to go ahead on tourist visas and apply in Zambia in person with the help of an unnamed national pastor.  We thought he was nuts - but he did manage to get the paperwork done in Lusaka.  Whether he has bothered to renew it annually is a different question.  He was also planning to get immunizations done in Zambia too - because they didn't have time to get them in the US and it would be cheaper in Zambia.  There was some last minute grifting for vaccines a few weeks before they left the US.  We don't know whether he ever followed through on that.  As I said, nuts!

7 hours ago, klavierspieler said:

Thanks.  I remember the Bobby Bonner connection and you filling in with your knowledge.  If @clearingthingsup is correct about Rea working with a school for the Deaf in Lusaka, it may be that he is still connected to the IAM missionaries while John is winging it on his own.  TeamZambia's original plan was to go to the Copper Belt where  IAM was working.  They boasted a lot in their original presentations about building on Bonner's 20 + years of work with the Bible Institute and the 27 churches - without mentioning Bonner or IAM by name, of course.  Their presentation photos and much of the video filming was done at Kafulafuto.

Then "God's" plan suddenly changed and John was all gung ho about church planting in Kafue all by himself.  This was before they even left the US and long before the big split in TeamZambia.

7 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

This is very much the view in the subset of the churches I am part of. Our church is actually in the process of forming a type of "application" process to go through for missionaries so that this doesn't occur again for us, and we are more aware of our missionaries goals/plans/doctrines/beliefs etc

Well good.  To your church from me:  Don't fund church planters even if they appear to be doctrinally sound.  Look for people with solid practical plans to help the locals and valuable skills to share other than preaching.  Don't even think of funding people who want to buy planes or Troupies - at least until the missionary has been on the ground for several years.

At a minimum they should ask for a very detailed budget, what connections the missionary has already made in country, what support systems (like contacts with other missionaries) are in place, proof of in those in country connections, and about eleventy references - other than the sending pastor.  The packets these "missionaries" have at the moment are ridiculous.

Also tell your church not to fund either the Bergey or Rodrigues families.  They both stink to high heaven!

I do find it a bit strange that you say people at the sending church don't know John very well.  Both the Reas and Shraders spent weeks at Valley Baptist while John was learning to fly the disappearing plane.  The sending pastor should make sure he knows someone really well before endorsing them as a missionary too. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I do find it a bit strange that you say people at the sending church don't know John very well.  Both the Reas and Shraders spent weeks at Valley Baptist while John was learning to fly the disappearing plane.  The sending pastor should make sure he knows someone really well before endorsing them as a missionary too. 

The Reas did spend an entire year living at the sending church. The Shraders however, it was a much shorter amount of time, and in bursts. They were there for a few weeks, gone for a few weeks or months. The longest amount of time they spent was in the months while John was getting his pilots license, yes. To my understanding John would leave his wife and kids at the sending church for weeks at a time while he went off getting support or flying for his training. Lots of red flags, I understand that now. As far as getting to know the pastor better, this is an extremely important thing. I believe valley Baptist actually changed their policy on missionaries they send after the Shrader incident - the family is required to be on-site members of the church for one full year before the church will agree to be their sending church. Hence why the Reas stayed for a much longer amount of time. 

I still find it bizarre to pay all this money to send people to convert Christians to Christianity. The amount of money spent on Rea and Shrader could have fed a heck of a lot of starving people. Rea at least attempted to talk to Muslims, but he floundered very fast. His FB posts didn't really show someone who was prepared and informed about the Muslim people in Zambia and it seems like he just gave up the second it got hard.

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I still find it bizarre to pay all this money to send people to convert Christians to Christianity. The amount of money spent on Rea and Shrader could have fed a heck of a lot of starving people. Rea at least attempted to talk to Muslims, but he floundered very fast. His FB posts didn't really show someone who was prepared and informed about the Muslim people in Zambia and it seems like he just gave up the second it got hard.

But can you really put a dollar amount on a SOUL?:pb_rollseyes:

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I still find it bizarre to pay all this money to send people to convert Christians to Christianity. The amount of money spent on Rea and Shrader could have fed a heck of a lot of starving people. Rea at least attempted to talk to Muslims, but he floundered very fast.

We obviously have differences of opinion on whether this is a just cause. Zambians trust in their good works works to save them (much like most Americans) - the Bible is clear that our own works are not what save us, but faith in the death of Christ. That doesnt mean we shouldnt be doing good, though. After salvation, we serve and obey God because we love Him, not because that's getting us to Heaven. 

In the most respectful way possible, you don't know how much money has been sent, you can only speculate. I assure you that World Vision and the like waste the majority of any donations sent to them... Wastefulness has never been our intention, and is trying to be avoided (I speak on behalf of myself and the Reas, I can't speak for Shrader as I'm not affiliated with him anymore).

As far as the witnessing to Muslims, don't think Rea just gave up when it got hard - that's the furthest thing from the truth. He just doesn't post every little thing on Facebook like John does. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that you don't see. He is still having regular weekly meetings with the Imam and other Muslim students. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived