IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

What is annoying about David Waller is not his fabulousity. It is his arrogance and conceit.  IMO, that is what makes him such wonderful snark fodder.

I agree.  The thing about David is he is the definition of "holier than thou."  It's like he thinks his purpose in life is to show just how godly he can be, and he is the type who would quote relevant scripture to justify anything.  His blog just makes me roll my eyes so hard I get a headache.  He even hijacks his oldest brother's death as an excuse to dedicate himself to The Lord.  If *anyone* could use that excuse, it would be Adam, who was Isaac's TWIN.  But even though Adam is also part of the IBLP family, he doesn't flaunt it like David does.  I feel like David walks around silently (and sometimes not-so-silently) judging everyone who is not as holy or devout as him.  Just seeing how he talks about his kids drives me insane - and don't get me started about how he treats Priscilla.  She is the quintessential helpmeet - there to support him, and he has molded her into another mouthpiece for God as well.  David's humblebrags about her and how she likes to hand out tracts and minister to people are constant - like he's reassuring himself that he picked out a good wife/mother of his children.  He thinks so highly of himself, it's like she will never be good enough for him.  Personally I would take Adam Waller over David any day - he may be just as steeped in the hateraide, but at least his own (mostly defunct) blog was about how God worked for him, not what he is doing for God and to win over souls.  Adam (at least when it comes to social media) is humble, whereas David is all brag.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think David is overcompensating with his religiosity. There is a part of him he fears, and feels he needs to hide behind his great faith. He desperately wants this part to go away, so he thinks if he lives his life perfectly godly and shows people that he is, it will. 

We all suspect he's gay. Perhaps he does, too. 

I am about to do something that is extremely hard and actually physically painful to say or admit....

It makes me happy to see on pecans blog that they include suzes daughter Noelle. I come from a strict religious upbringing and have seen grandparents/aunts/uncles sort of cast out children of single parents. They will avoid having photos of them in their house to avoid people questioning how the child was conceived.

True story in my family. My fathers first cousin had a daughter out of wed lock. I remember her parents (my great aunt and uncle), telling the extended family and fellow jehovians that she was conceived out of rape. A rape that of course was never reported or admitted by my cousin. It was the only way for people to accept and pray for that child.

I know for a fact my cousin was not only sexually active, but with that boy for some time. 

This happened when I was around 11 years old and I didn't realize how evil this was. One, lying about your child being a victim of rape is not only morally fucked up, but it opens and aid the perception that women lie about rape. Secondly, it's sad that the family the family seemed more dedicated to jehovah, because they look like heroes to the pro-life community.

"How strong of her to accept her rapist's child. She can see God is pro-life and she's trusting his direction." 

It's good to know that they never tried to keep both Noelle and suze out of pictures or try to expose and use the tale of Susannah following "Satan's path" as a testimony of what the secular world entails.

ewwww.... I'm complimenting David. But again maybe my experiences with jehovians is an isolated incident and there is no stigma in fundie land. Regardless, I'm going in the prayer closet for endorsing the pecan thief.

What a pretentious douche-nozzle that guy is. I was seriously rooting for him to fall on his arse. Oh, well...better luck next time. 

15 hours ago, Snarkle said:

In the water ski video when he says, "All my office buddies can't picture me [without] wearing a suit" I wondered if they really are his "buddies" or if it's more of a Josh Duggar situation where they tolerated him (at the FRC) but likely his coworkers didn't like him personally.  I would imagine his outsized personality is good for conferences and being on the road, but it might be grating in an office situation.

He'd be that guy who acts like he outranks you even though you have the same position or in fact outrank him. Also, he'd send out annoying "inspirational" mass emails.

David Waller is clearly regarded as one of the stars of the current crop of young hopefuls at IBLP/ATI although he's only middle management at the moment.  He calls himself an Administrative Director at ATI - but probably the person who empties the waste baskets is the Director of Hygiene Management.

Nevertheless, he is being increasingly used as a public face for ATI at conferences and was used to do their Christmass message too.  He is the most prominent of the other young hopefuls currently working for IBLP/ATI.  And that would include various Staddons, at least one Paine, and Brandon Keilen.  AFAIK, he's the only one who has used his title openly.  We only found it out when he sent the email to ATI families announcing Gothard's resignation but he's stuck it on LinkedIn now.

We might find him fabulous, if not flamboyant.  TPTB at IBLP probably see him as a golden boy.  He's extroverted, very athletic, clean cut (even good looking if you like that type), a better speaker than most of that lot, and has the pretty little submissive wife who is producing baby #3 on schedule.  Of course, poor Priscilla finds it very hard to string a few phrases of Gothard-speak together, but David is working on that.  He wants Priscilla to be as "perfect" as he is.

I think his blog and the way he forces (IMO) Priscilla into public speaking when she really isn't comfortable with it, are reflections of his naked ambition to push his was to the top of the heap.  I bet the others can't stand him.

He is one of the featured speakers at Big Sandy this weekend.  The only other one of the younger generation on the list of speakers is young Gabriel Cleator.

Absolutely. There is laughing and cringing involved. And generally thinking that person has no idea what they've gotten in to  

I've seen women running in very modest sports clothing - including a hijab - without resorting to jeans or khakis. There are ways to find conservative sports apparel. 

David ran a sub-4:00 marathon in business casual! A pretty impressive time though it must have been so uncomfortable.

On his blog he said he did it as a joke as his work mate always gave him a hard time over his Jim Bob uniform. I'm really not so sure lol.

On April 14, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Peas n carrots said:

David ran a sub-4:00 marathon in business casual! A pretty impressive time though it must have been so uncomfortable.

On his blog he said he did it as a joke as his work mate always gave him a hard time over his Jim Bob uniform. I'm really not so sure lol.

In all fairness though there are also pictures of him in workout gear 

44 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

"thanks for Grandma Waller watching the Paul and Davia"? Not the most articulate man, is he?

50 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Of course there are.  

However, the point is that he thinks it is clever to draw attention to himself and his sartorial splendor by running a marathon wearing business casual and water skiing in a business suit.

It comes over as bragging not self-deprecating humor.

On 4/14/2016 at 11:19 AM, Palimpsest said:

David Waller is clearly regarded as one of the stars of the current crop of young hopefuls at IBLP/ATI although he's only middle management at the moment.  He calls himself an Administrative Director at ATI - but probably the person who empties the waste baskets is the Director of Hygiene Management.

Nevertheless, he is being increasingly used as a public face for ATI at conferences and was used to do their Christmass message too.  He is the most prominent of the other young hopefuls currently working for IBLP/ATI.  And that would include various Staddons, at least one Paine, and Brandon Keilen.  AFAIK, he's the only one who has used his title openly.  We only found it out when he sent the email to ATI families announcing Gothard's resignation but he's stuck it on LinkedIn now.

We might find him fabulous, if not flamboyant.  TPTB at IBLP probably see him as a golden boy.  He's extroverted, very athletic, clean cut (even good looking if you like that type), a better speaker than most of that lot, and has the pretty little submissive wife who is producing baby #3 on schedule.  Of course, poor Priscilla finds it very hard to string a few phrases of Gothard-speak together, but David is working on that.  He wants Priscilla to be as "perfect" as he is.

I think his blog and the way he forces (IMO) Priscilla into public speaking when she really isn't comfortable with it, are reflections of his naked ambition to push his was to the top of the heap.  I bet the others can't stand him.

He is one of the featured speakers at Big Sandy this weekend.  The only other one of the younger generation on the list of speakers is young Gabriel Cleator.

I really wonder if he's going to take up more and more responsibility or become a more prominent figurehead as more people get embroiled in the brewing sex abuse scandal. As far as we know, his hands are clean save for being the son-in-law of Ur-Creepy Dad Michael Keller, he has just enough Duggar connection to be able to say "people recognize me from TV being all wholesome" without getting too much guilt-by-association from their scandals, his oddly passionless marriage to his passive, submissive wife fits the ATI brand perfectly, and he seems a lot smarter (or at least more cunning) than the other figureheads ATI has tried to put forth (like the Duggars).

1 hour ago, jas said:

"thanks for Grandma Waller watching the Paul and Davia"? Not the most articulate man, is he?

Never too early to make your kid the next The Donald.

27 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Never too early to make your kid the next The Donald.

"We're going to build a WALL around Big Sandy...and the Catholics are gonna pay for it!"

(No joke, I would pay for that)

In that picture, he reminds me of one of those martial arts villain henchmen in those movies with the theme one or two guys against the world (Die Hard series, Lethal Weapon series, that Steven Segal movie where he was a Navy cook on an aircraft carrier, Under Siege or something like that...)

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Is it me or does TFDW look really old in that picture?

I'm just amazed by the fact that he and Priscilla look weirdly identical. I think someone on one of the fundie snark Tumblrs did a face swap of them and it took me a good minute to realize that the photo was face-swapped.

Also, I put my finger on the vibe David gives me. And I'm gonna be all non-conformist and not say a gay vibe (though I could see it and for his/his family's sake, I hope that if he indeed is, he takes steps to keep himself and his family safe from what could be some awful reprisals in his community), but it's the same vibe Kirk Cameron gives me: you're trying waaaayyyyy too hard to seem all wholesome and affable, and it just comes off as weird and creepy. Not sexual creepy like Josh or Billy G, but a different sort of creepy. A sort of "I'm dangerous if you cross me" creepy.

On 4/15/2016 at 9:37 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I really wonder if he's going to take up more and more responsibility or become a more prominent figurehead as more people get embroiled in the brewing sex abuse scandal. As far as we know, his hands are clean save for being the son-in-law of Ur-Creepy Dad Michael Keller, he has just enough Duggar connection to be able to say "people recognize me from TV being all wholesome" without getting too much guilt-by-association from their scandals, his oddly passionless marriage to his passive, submissive wife fits the ATI brand perfectly, and he seems a lot smarter (or at least more cunning) than the other figureheads ATI has tried to put forth (like the Duggars).

Very good question.  I predict he will rise in the ranks to a position of power - looking squeaky clean.  I don't think IBLP/ATI actually pushed the Duggars forward as representatives, BTW.  I think that was all Jim Bob's narcissim.  If anything, IBLP encouraged Gil Bates to go on the Duggar show and get his own show because Duggar is a lose cannon and not a good person to represent the brand.

Another question is - how clean are David Waller's hands young as he is?  He's 28ish I think.  An interesting rabbit hole to research.

I didn't really notice the Waller family until David and Priscilla's wedding in 2012.  Around that time, an anonymous poster on either TWoP or DWoP (not here) claimed that David Waller was Gothard's personal assistant at IBLP and always right at his elbow. The poster claimed to know what he was talking about having been on staff at HQ himself.  This was after Gothard had been told he could no longer have female PAs by the board, so it has some credibility.

If Pecan was Gothard's personal assistant in 2012, then he probably knew a hell of a lot and was active in covering things up.  Two of the plaintiffs, Melody Fedoriw and Jane Doe III, claim that they were abused by Gothard in 2011 and 2012.  Jane Doe III claims to have been raped and a police report was filed in 2012.   If the case goes to trial then it will be fascinating to see who is called as witnessed on either side.

Gothard was ousted in early 2014 (I believe by a posse comprising York, Paine and Bates the only survivors on the IBLP BoD) but the cover-up continues.  David must be approved of by the present IBLP BoD - because he was the person sending the email to ATI membership announcing Gothard's resignation and signing it Administrative Director at ATI.

David Waller is following the money, IMO.  He's clever and ambitious.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I must have missed it.  I didnt see it discussed with the usual interest around here!

They announced 11 weeks ago (thanks, Instagram) with a video. It was discussed briefly here and in the upcoming babies thread, but a lot of people seem to have missed it -- lots of the stuff about them lately has been about their renovation, so maybe they (and we) have put less emphasis on the pregnancy.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:25 PM, Audrey2 said:

Definitely defrauding on most guys. I think of David Waller, though, as being built like a Ken doll, even though he's fathered 3 children.

:brainbleach:

Aww, Ken is cuter (and silent!)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived