IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

2 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

One would think that tight, wet jeans would be rather defrauding too.

Definitely defrauding on most guys. I think of David Waller, though, as being built like a Ken doll, even though he's fathered 3 children.

:brainbleach:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2016 at 0:07 AM, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

Everytime I see a pic of David and Pris I think "Pecan Thief and Tartlet".  Not that there is anything tart like about her, it just comes to mind.  

Priscilla is a moll (in my opinion). "The Pecan Thief and His Moll."

7 hours ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

Me too.. Where abouts are you? 

Sydney! Well, to be technical, I'm a homesick Melbournian living in Sydney :pb_sad:

3 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I know he's run a marathon in khaki pants and a dress shirt. He's also water skied while in a full dress suit and talking on his cell phone. He thought it hilarious. 

I imagine the other runners got a good laugh out of that guy who was stupid enough to run a marathon in khakis and a dress shirt. Chasidic rabbis have run marathons while dressed modestly, but they're still wearing actual running apparel, just not shorts.  Of course, we know that "modesty" among fundies is hardly modest.

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I imagine the other runners got a good laugh out of that guy who was stupid enough to run a marathon in khakis and a dress shirt. Chasidic rabbis have run marathons while dressed modestly, but they're still wearing actual running apparel, just not shorts.  Of course, we know that "modesty" among fundies is hardly modest.

Let's face it - The Fabulous David Waller (or TFDW) is all about getting noticed. He's got an ego the size of the Pacific Ocean and honestly believes that he is some hotshot celebrity. Remember his wedding? The banner with photos of himself and Prissy hanging in the reception hall removed all doubt. And the live webstream ("worldwide", lest anyone miss David's magical wedding) was pretty obnoxious. And the blog.

I dated a guy who was like TFDW in oh so many ways (he was straight, though). When he married, he had created an entire wedding website (not from theknot or anything like that) that included a detailed schedule for the entire wedding weekend, down to the five minute marks. And a big thing about how they invited people from five continents along with travel itineraries and prices for every. Single. Guest. It was something you would have to see to believe. Unfortunately the domain name expired. But yes, he and Davy Waller were cut from the same cloth. 

2 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Sydney! Well, to be technical, I'm a homesick Melbournian living in Sydney :pb_sad:

I'm in Mandurah, about an hour south of Perth. 

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Absolutely. There is laughing and cringing involved. And generally thinking that person has no idea what they've gotten in to  

I've seen women running in very modest sports clothing - including a hijab - without resorting to jeans or khakis. There are ways to find conservative sports apparel. 

Please let Chafing For Jesus become the next title :pantsonfire:

12 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Here is The Fabulous David Waller, water skiing. 

Oh, Pecan!  By all means water ski in a business suit - but wear the right socks when you do it!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/01/23/rules-on-the-proper-wearing-of-socks/

Foget about the waterskiing in suit, can we talk about the fact that the guy manages to wear what appears to be white tennis socks with a black suit and still obviously thinks of himself as welldressed! Oh, Davy, what are we going to do with you?

15 minutes ago, Iokaste said:

Foget about the waterskiing in suit, can we talk about the fact that the guy manages to wear what appears to be white tennis socks with a black suit and still obviously thinks of himself as welldressed! Oh, Davy, what are we going to do with you?

At least the suit halfway fits him. I've seen far too many guys who get suits that are too snug or too loose in all the wrong places, and they just look like extras in some low-rent production of Guys N Dolls. PSA to men everywhere: get your suits tailored so they fit you correctly. It costs a little extra, but it makes you look like a million bucks.

11 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Let's face it - The Fabulous David Waller (or TFDW) is all about getting noticed. He's got an ego the size of the Pacific Ocean and honestly believes that he is some hotshot celebrity. Remember his wedding? The banner with photos of himself and Prissy hanging in the reception hall removed all doubt. And the live webstream ("worldwide", lest anyone miss David's magical wedding) was pretty obnoxious. And the blog.

I dated a guy who was like TFDW in oh so many ways (he was straight, though). When he married, he had created an entire wedding website (not from theknot or anything like that) that included a detailed schedule for the entire wedding weekend, down to the five minute marks. And a big thing about how they invited people from five continents along with travel itineraries and prices for every. Single. Guest. It was something you would have to see to believe. Unfortunately the domain name expired. But yes, he and Davy Waller were cut from the same cloth. 

It just occurred to me.  TFDW is in the wrong occupation.  He needs to take over Sierra's party planning business.

7 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

It just occurred to me.  TFDW is in the wrong occupation.  He needs to take over Sierra's party planning business.

You are so right. Pecan Thief could make a killing in the party business, planning and executing Fundie weddings. Screw the ATI directorship, he needs to become a wedding and shower planner, for all the damn showers these people have. 

No TFDW couldn't plan weddings. He'd be talking to women without a chaperone. He'd have to bring Prissy with him. Since she's hurling her guts out half the year that wouldn't be practical.

2 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

No TFDW couldn't plan weddings. He'd be talking to women without a chaperone. He'd have to bring Prissy with him. Since she's hurling her guts out half the year that wouldn't be practical.

Prissy could just bring along a festive barf receptacle, decorated with lots of burlap and chalkboard crap (the Fundie wedding trend these days) and simply add a little "YAS!" in agreement every once in a while. Or he could bring Davia and Paul, they're at the age for chaperoning. 

That would not be considered a manly enough occupation in their crowd would it? Don't cloud the gender lines y'all! 

5 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

That would not be considered a manly enough occupation in their crowd would it? Don't cloud the gender lines y'all! 

I believe the gender lines are already a bit cloudy for this one.

19 hours ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

I'm in Mandurah, about an hour south of Perth. 

I'm going to be visiting Perth this summer! I would love to know about some of the must see things in the area around Perth! 

In the water ski video when he says, "All my office buddies can't picture me [without] wearing a suit" I wondered if they really are his "buddies" or if it's more of a Josh Duggar situation where they tolerated him (at the FRC) but likely his coworkers didn't like him personally.  I would imagine his outsized personality is good for conferences and being on the road, but it might be grating in an office situation.

What is annoying about David Waller is not his fabulousity. It is his arrogance and conceit.  IMO, that is what makes him such wonderful snark fodder.

And, yeah.  I just ran Pecan's suit past Mr. P.  Mr. P prefers to dress like a complete scruff, but knows how to rock a business suit when he has to, which he says is far too often.  He says Pecan's trousers are much too short, the white socks are a crime, and if you are going to wear a business suit voluntarily then also invest in dress shoes.  It is not just the socks. Davy is also wearing very worn trainers/sneakers with that snazzy suit.

I imagine he is wearing old shoes cause they will be ruined after water skiing, no reason to wreck your dress shoes...

37 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

I imagine he is wearing old shoes cause they will be ruined after water skiing, no reason to wreck your dress shoes...

Only beginners wear shoes to water ski.  If you watch the video - he took off his shoes - the white socks are on full display as he gets out of the water.  Apparently Davy can afford to ruin a suit by water skiing in it, to say nothing of his phone.  

I don't really care what people wear.  I care about people acting like pretentious, wasteful, moralistic snots.

Pecan's default is to act like a pretentious moralistic snot while wearing a pretentious business suit.

It so happens that my boyfriend-before-my-husband was a waterskier.  We spent a rather defrauding month or so alone at his 'cottage' and I wore appropriate wear for sitting in the boat watching him teach.  My 'bathing suit' was hot pink and rather small and I made it myself!  But, I digress.  (Did I mention my parents liked this guy because his dad was a doctor?). Anyway, he did not wear socks, white or otherwise.  And when he removed his spectacles, as one does when waterskiing, well. He had some pretty baby blues.  

Whats wrong with me? This is highly inappropriate. Please resume discussing TFDW. I'm just going to sit here and reminisce on my youth for a minute or so.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived