IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

6 minutes ago, jas said:

It finally worked for me too. It guessed Yonkers and NYC form me. I'm in Ireland, so they are as physically close as possible I suppose :)

If you take the quiz several times you will notice that a few of the questions change.  I managed to break it 2 out of three times but it finally placed me in Yonkers too.  I think I may have taken a train that went through Yonkers once.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

If you take the quiz several times you will notice that a few of the questions change.  I managed to break it 2 out of three times but it finally placed me in Yonkers too.  I think I may have taken a train that went through Yonkers once.

I know nothing at all about Yonkers, but what a fantastic name for a place!

Saw their Easter instagram post, why do so many Fundies call it "Resurrection Sunday"?  Obviously it's because that's the day of the resurrection but in the UK I've only ever heard it referred to as Easter Sunday.

Edit: Just saw the thread further down the main page.  Ignore me!

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

David and Priscilla were out shopping at a furniture store in Arkansas with Josh and Anna according to ET. ET has confirmed it. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/josh-anna-duggar-furniture-shopping-183800809.html

That's so funny.  They lifted the story from PTV.  One of the posters there saw Josh and Anna and who she thought might be the Pecan Thief. 

Everytime I see a pic of David and Pris I think "Pecan Thief and Tartlet".  Not that there is anything tart like about her, it just comes to mind.  

On 26.3.2016 at 3:07 AM, psycho-hope said:

oooo I love MINI's tho cant justify the cost of one :(  I hear ya I drove a bit when I was over, I went from a car the size of a fiat 500 to a f150 and sitting on the opposite side of the car and driving an automatic....i normally drive a manual, lets just call it interesting....

And that's the easy part. Once you've hit the break full force with your left foot once or twice, you get used to it pretty quick. ;)

Now when I came back from studying abroad in the US for a year, and had only driven automatic the whole time there, here's how it went down:

JillyO starts the car.

JillyO (slightly panicked voice): Mr. O, I think the car is broken.

Mr. O (slightly concerned): What? Why, what's wrong?

JillyO: I don't know. It's not working.

Mr. O: Do you have your foot on the clutch?

JillyO: ....

Native Pennsylvanian here. PA has state-owned liquor stores (state stores) and they suck. Alternatively, you can buy a case or more (but not less) of beer or brewed malt beverages at a beer distributor. Apparently there used to be a few drive-through distributors, who would even load your trunk for you, but they seem to have gone the way of the dodo. 

I took the quiz twice and broke it both times, but I know I have a jacked-up accent. My dad is a Brooklyn native and thanks to him I say things like "dawg" and "cawfee." Couple that with college in the UK, and my accent is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and sinking fast. 

I was born in Seattle, and my dad in Tacoma.  The quiz says I'm from Seattle, Tacoma, or Portland/Vancouver. :my_blush:  (The distinctive word for Tacoma is kitty-corner, and when I use it, I definitely hear it in my grandma's voice... :my_smile:)  

I'm rather amused I pinged none of my Delaware/Philly-raised mom's regional sounds, and none from living various places on the East Coast later in life.  (I do say y'all sometimes - it's a useful word! - and the quiz didn't ask anything about the MidAtlantic "o" sound - "eh-oh-w" - that horrifies her when I say it.)

7 minutes ago, morfydd said:

I was born in Seattle, and my dad in Tacoma.  The quiz says I'm from Seattle, Tacoma, or Portland/Vancouver. :my_blush:  (The distinctive word for Tacoma is kitty-corner, and when I use it, I definitely hear it in my grandma's voice... :my_smile:)  

I'm rather amused I pinged none of my Delaware/Philly-raised mom's regional sounds, and none from living various places on the East Coast later in life.  (I do say y'all sometimes - it's a useful word! - and the quiz didn't ask anything about the MidAtlantic "o" sound - "eh-oh-w" - that horrifies her when I say it.)

Wait, other areas don't say kitty-corner?!?  

I can't say it's unique to Tacoma, though, as I have been there maybe twice (the aroma of Tacoma is a doozy)...though I am born and raised just north of Seattle.

I wonder if my use of kitty-corner owes to reading many Beverly Cleary books as a kid.  She was born in McMinnville, Oregon and grew up in Portland.

Might stop at 2nd and Charles tomorrow and pick up some of her books to read on her 100th birthday. Happy One-Hundreth Mrs Cleary!!

Do my eyes deceive me, or is Mr. Pecan Thief running in jeans, Duggar style? I really hope those are navy blue wind pants.

On 11 March 2016 at 2:09 PM, DaffyDill said:

I did that quiz you all did back on the previous thread, thinking it would be interesting, because I'm Australian and wondered where in the US would be the closest approximation to our accent. And it wouldn't give me an answer. It said it had an error.

I think my Aussie drawl confused it :(

Me too.. Where abouts are you? 

7 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Native Pennsylvanian here. PA has state-owned liquor stores (state stores) and they suck. Alternatively, you can buy a case or more (but not less) of beer or brewed malt beverages at a beer distributor. Apparently there used to be a few drive-through distributors, who would even load your trunk for you, but they seem to have gone the way of the dodo. 

Buying alcohol in PA is the dumbest thing in the history of human existence. It makes absolutely no sense.

Lots of states have government-run liquor stores though. If you have to buy alcohol at a special store (can't get it at a grocery store or drugstore), it is almost certainly a government store. When I make purchases at Wine & Spirits, my credit card categorizes them as "gov't services"...so I consider buying alcohol my civic responsibility, like jury duty or paying taxes :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If those are jeans, I hope he didn't swim in them.

And then run after...I cannot begin to imagine the chafing. :?

He seems to have a logo on his front-left thigh (raised), which makes me think that those are looser-fitting running pants or straight-legged windbreaker sweats.  I wear something similar from time to time, usually when the weather is borderline, and I just pop some compression shorts under it for chafing.  

I would guess normal swim/run attire is too tight and immodest for David, so they probably layered light, quick drying stuff on top to protect the ladies' eyes.  

6 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

One would think that tight, wet jeans would be rather defrauding too.

I just think about having nether regions that look like hamburger meat.

12 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Didn't Pecan run a full marathon in jeans? 26.2 chafing miles. ouch. 

I know he's run a marathon in khaki pants and a dress shirt. He's also water skied while in a full dress suit and talking on his cell phone. He thought it hilarious. 

33 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

One would think that tight, wet jeans would be rather defrauding too.

What,  like this?

photo-4-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

What,  like this?

photo-4-2.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and declare that this is when Ashley decided to become a Bates. 

1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I know he's run a marathon in khaki pants and a dress shirt. He's also water skied while in a full dress suit and talking on his cell phone. He thought it hilarious. 

He's hilarious.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived